Track Kill Stories Race Track Victories, 1/4 Mile Times, Dyno Numbers - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

95 Z28 Vs. 04 Cobra.... oh wow...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Banned

Re: 95 Z28 Vs. 04 Cobra.... oh wow...

you never tell me WHY a mustang cobra should have raped me... only that you are 100% positive it would....

I wanna play!
A 03+ Cobra would 'rape' you because it dyno's over 100 more hp than your car would do on a 'great day'. Anywho.......
Old 09-27-2004, 06:40 PM

seriously... some of you guys are true racers with an adult attitude, others are arrogant little children still acting like they have something to prove.... what the hell is wrong with you guys? Doesnt it make sense to anyone here but me to try and bring up those who have fallen or have not yet gotten themselves up to par with everyone else? As far as i know, this board is dedicated to making sure camaros stay one of, if not THE best performance autos in the country.... why are you all trying to bring down everyone elses rides but your own? you telling me you bought a POS when you first got your camaros? I am proud of how my car runs right now... and im proud it has a chevy emblem emblazened all over it.... while i know its not heavily modded, it still plants my *** in the seat.... and thats enough for me to be proud of!
Old 09-27-2004, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by ZeeDub
id give a bone stock SS a 13.9 at best.....
What rock have you been living under? Evan Smith got a bone stock LS1 Fbody into the 12s.

If you've been beating or coming close to LS1 Fbods, that's one thing, but to say that you give an SS a 13.9 at best is just plain stupid. But given that it's you that said it, it's doesn't surprise me at all.

It seems that we have only seen the tip of the iceburg from which your ignorant statements come forth.

You want to talk Chevy brethren yet you think an SS can only do a 13.9 at best? W....T.... F.....?????
Old 09-27-2004, 06:53 PM

Might just take you up on that shoot me an email next time you're up here. I'm just a jump and a skip away from 66. You seem like a pretty smart dude but I got to tell you everytime I see a lengthy thread I can always count on either you or Steve Y to chime in and start the flame throwing. Just see that unnecessary. If someone doesn't like your input why just not let it alone instead of resorting to nonsense. You're smarter than that. Unless you just enjoy watching people fighting aimlessly.
Either way thanks for your service to the country.

Originally Posted by Bob Cosby
LOL. Everything you said above is true - as far as you know. Perhaps we'll meet up some time and I'll give you the scoop from my perspective? Too bad this little discussion didn't happen a couple of months ago. There was an NMRA race in Joliet back in late July. We could have hooked up and had a cold one.

FWIW...an 11 second timeslip doesn't mean much of anything. There are plenty of cars way, way, way faster than mine (and slower ones too). There are pleny of people that have way,way more knowledge and experience than I do (and less too). You might be surprised on my view of things, but I just don't feel the need to type it here. And finally, I cannot control what other people say - be it good or bad.

You have a wonderful day.
Bob
Old 09-27-2004, 07:15 PM

ok.... let me ask you something... if a bone stock LS1 can make it into the 12s... and my car is the same car as that, minus about 30 HP.... WHY THE !@#$@#$ HELL DO YOU GIVE ME SUCH BULLCRAP ABOUT MY CAR RUNNING HIGH 14S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im sorry, you are a fuccin hypocrite if i have ever saw one.......

as for me claiming a 13.9? like i said, jeff is running 13.5 according to what he told me, and hes runnin upwards of 360HP... how is a bone stock LS1 going to beat his time? unless its a professional driver with a 6 speed?
Old 09-27-2004, 07:34 PM

BUAHAHAHAHAH! thats funny... STOCK yes.... modded? no... its all about preference when it comes to modding a car... as i have made clear in the past, i like steel blocks.. and i dont give a DAMN if aluminum is better, im old fashioned in that sense... but the fact is, if you build the 2 motors the same way, with the same parts, and same tuning, chances are? i would have to say an LT1 would probably smoke out an LS1... unless distributorless ignition makes THAT much of a difference.... it all boils down to this.......... my car... your car... race.. and see who wins... other than that? doesnt really matter whose car was better when they first came out... its all about whose car is better at the current time... and ill tell you right now, a stock and even mildly modded Z28 LS1 is no competition for me, i have taken those on several occasions..... and the whole bit about "a good driver" is super played out... yes drivers matter, but the race is won by 1 person.... not some other guy in another state somewhere that could probably have driven it better......
Old 09-27-2004, 07:35 PM

and as for altitude? my estimates are for my local track, and those who i race daily on the street, vs their track times here..... for that matter? i could probably run a 13.3 on a good day at a certain altitude, but once again... a race is a race... when its won there is no judgement based on whether or not someone SHOULD have or COULD have won... its about whether they did or didnt.... inch or a mile... winning is winning
Old 09-27-2004, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by filbielansk
Unless you just enjoy watching people fighting aimlessly.

My word, there is so much fodder and BS in his latest posts, that it damn near takes an act of Congress to keep from having some fun. However, in the the spirit of Detente', I'll try to stay factual, with no sarcasm. And I'll only quote that which I see to be factually incorrect (vice just silly jibberish).

Wish me luck!

to mindgame, all i said was if he told me half the crap he does online.. to my face... i would smack the hell out of him... nothing more... i never said i was going to hunt him down, or that even if i saw him that i would do that... i just said that i know he wouldnt talk the same trash as he does on the net.... when the man is standing right in front of him...
This is incorrect. I would say the same thing. And threats from you are meaningless to me.

to bob? damn dude... your reputation has you workin hard to live up to it eh?
This is incorrect. I do not come here to build or uphold any reputation.

while i dont believe an 11 second time slip is anything worth saying you are the greatest that hit the streets... (9 seconds would have you high in my list of reputable people)
Going fast is easy. Going fast with all the wrong parts is not so easy. It is not necessarily how fast you go that makes something special. Rather, it is sometimes how you do it.

you state you know so much more than me, yet no facts ever come out of your mouth....
This is incorrect. I never stated how much more I know than you. Facts have come out of my mouth (keyboard). I can quote them if you like.

you never tell me WHY a mustang cobra should have raped me...
Because it has a superior power to weight ratio and there is not enough gearing difference or difference in traction potential to matter.

even though A: im not, and B: you wouldnt know anyways
The basic assumptions leading to this conclusion are inaccurate. Drag racing a mostly-stock LT1 F-body equipped with an A4 transmission requires virtually no skill, hence the term "push-n-go" or "stab-n-steer".

when am i going to hear some real technical info?
What would you like to know? If I know it, I'll tell you. If I don't, I won't.

give me ideas as to what you think i should do to take care of the problem i have of a track slug
Technically impossible, as your car has never been to the track, and thus we have no basis to work from.

got advice?
Yes.

you telling me you bought a POS when you first got your camaros?
Yes - though it was a Firebird vice a Camaro, and I didn't know at the time it was basically a POS.

f a bone stock LS1 can make it into the 12s... and my car is the same car as that, minus about 30 HP.... WHY THE !@#$@#$ HELL DO YOU GIVE ME SUCH BULLCRAP ABOUT MY CAR RUNNING HIGH 14S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You cannot make these kinds of assumptions. Among other things, your car is likely down 50-60 RWHP over an LS1, there is more to it than just peak HP, and it requires an extremely well driven M6 to get one into the 12's in stock form.

as i have made clear in the past, i like steel blocks..
Assuming you mean iron vice steel, there is no benefit to an iron block at HP levels that the vast majority of fast street cars will ever see. Aluminum is plenty strong and lighter. Additionally, if iron is required, LSx engines can be had in iron vice aluminum.

if you build the 2 motors the same way, with the same parts, and same tuning, chances are? i would have to say an LT1 would probably smoke out an LS1...
That is an incorrect statement based upon poor assumptions. Among other things, the LS1 is lighter and has superior head design.

and ill tell you right now, a stock and even mildly modded Z28 LS1 is no competition for me, i have taken those on several occasions.....
Given the mods in your signature, it is my opinion that you are very much incorrect. Your car likely makes 260 RWHP - less than even a 1998 A4 LS1, without the benefit of the extra rpm.

i could probably run a 13.3 on a good day at a certain altitude
In my opinion, based on my experience and your mods, you would have to be in Death Valley with a temperature of approximately -20F in order to make enough power to run 13.3.

Thank you, and have a nice day.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:06 PM

You know, I don't know. I've been there, and I remember that the Dead Sea is quite a bit below sea level, but I don't know how much. However, Death Valley is closer, and its not underwater.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:25 PM

Cool!

This is incorrect. I would say the same thing. And threats from you are meaningless to me.
it was not a threat... im just letting you know that upon recieving your "courteous" remarks in person, i am not the type of person to hesitate in engaging in a physical scuffle... thats all

This is incorrect. I do not come here to build or uphold any reputation.
maybe not... but at the same time you defend yourself and hold yourself on a higher sense of respect than me... thats not cool man..

Going fast is easy. Going fast with all the wrong parts is not so easy. It is not necessarily how fast you go that makes something special. Rather, it is sometimes how you do it.
not quite sure what you mean by that... but ok... maybe you could explain some more? i mean of course you should do the car right, and use nothing but the best parts, and match them to the car for best results... but who doesnt try to do that? its about economy, and having the money to do what you want... some people.. like me.. have a bit of a harder time doing that, and are happy with what we have worked hard to get... just my $0.02...

This is incorrect. I never stated how much more I know than you. Facts have come out of my mouth (keyboard). I can quote them if you like.
sure...

Because it has a superior power to weight ratio and there is not enough gearing difference or difference in traction potential to matter.
true.... but as we all know, sometimes it takes a damn good driver to hold all that power... and my statements simply said i was happy i managed to hang with one... for whatever reason...

The basic assumptions leading to this conclusion are inaccurate. Drag racing a mostly-stock LT1 F-body equipped with an A4 transmission requires virtually no skill, hence the term "push-n-go" or "stab-n-steer".
I had a 92 305 Camaro RS with a 5 speed..... and with nothing but intake, no cat, and flowmasters, i was able to hang with an LT1... automatic of course, but you get the picture... i didnt lose too many races in that car, assuming it was a decent matchup... i know how to drive a stick, and i do know that it can be a bit of a challenge to operate an auto with perfection... takes a lot of foot work to get the proper launch... i LOVE manuals... i wanna do a conversion to this car... which is why i dont want to take it to a track... in my opinion? an auto is a waste among racing... its nice... and fun... but has no real place at the track unless its built completely bulletproof and matched precisely for what the car needs, and then some.... and i would rather just say screw all that, and put in a nice bulletproof manual with a dual plate or triple plate clutch.... the possibilities are endless...

Technically impossible, as your car has never been to the track, and thus we have no basis to work from.
your absolutely right...

Yes - though it was a Firebird vice a Camaro, and I didn't know at the time it was basically a POS.
huh? that car may have been a POS, i wasnt speaking to you though, i was speaking to the camaro enthusiasts, who so blatently bash the camaro for having pretty much jack sh*t for power.... yet they bought one... go figure...

You cannot make these kinds of assumptions. Among other things, your car is likely down 50-60 RWHP over an LS1, there is more to it than just peak HP, and it requires an extremely well driven M6 to get one into the 12's in stock form.
you just proved my point.... i KNOW it would take a godsent driver to get that car in the 12s.. so its relevancy is squashed... thank you

Assuming you mean iron vice steel, there is no benefit to an iron block at HP levels that the vast majority of fast street cars will ever see. Aluminum is plenty strong and lighter. Additionally, if iron is required, LSx engines can be had in iron vice aluminum.
wonderful... but back to the subject of MY car.. im happy with it... and i like how its built...

Given the mods in your signature, it is my opinion that you are very much incorrect. Your car likely makes 260 RWHP - less than even a 1998 A4 LS1, without the benefit of the extra rpm.
probably... but we were speaking in terms of HP at the crank.... i would say (educated estimate) i am probably running about 290 at the crank... maybe 300 max...

In my opinion, based on my experience and your mods, you would have to be in Death Valley with a temperature of approximately -20F in order to make enough power to run 13.3.
yep.... and it would be the same conditions for a bone stock SS to make it down the track in the mid-high 12s as well....

Thank you, and have a nice day
thank you.... you too...

Last edited by ZeeDub; 09-27-2004 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:27 PM

ok.... let me ask you something... if a bone stock LS1 can make it into the 12s... and my car is the same car as that, minus about 30 HP.... WHY THE !@#$@#$ HELL DO YOU GIVE ME SUCH BULLCRAP ABOUT MY CAR RUNNING HIGH 14S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF you only have 30 horses less than a bone stock LS1. The problem with that reasoning is that LT1's were pretty much spot on. LS1's in Fbodies were UNDERrated by Chevy. Go ask in the LS1 Tech section if anyone thinks your minor bolt on LT1 can hang or beat an LS1 SS that's driven properly. Be prepared to be laughed at.

The fact is that I have never given you any crap about running "HIGH 14S!!!!!!!!!!" -- however, I still say you're full of it if you think that lightly modded LT1 can hand with a PROPERLY driven LS1 or Cobra. Either car will have you by 5 car lengths.

Last edited by nuke61; 09-27-2004 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by nuke61
IF you only have 30 horses less than a bone stock LS1. The problem with that reasoning is that LT1's were pretty much spot on. LS1's in Fbodies were UNDERrated by Chevy. Go ask in the LS1 Tech section if anyone thinks your minor bolt on LT1 can hang or beat an LS1 SS that's driven properly. Be prepared to be laughed at.
here we go with this driver bull crap..... DUDE!!! IS DALE EARNHARDT BEHIND THE WHEEL OF EVERY LS1 IN THE WORLD?!?!??!!? NO!!!! Thus my POINT... that it takes a combination of things to make a race happen... doesnt matter if you suck at driving... i raced YOU.. not just the car... and if i won? something was full of crap... you, or the car... but i tore the crap out of something! and thats what racing is about...
Old 09-27-2004, 09:47 PM

Understood, but the whole point that many people tried to make was that if you were up against a properly driven Cobra, it would have been an UGLY loss for you. That's all that was initially said, yet you got your panties in a wad and proclaimed that there's no way a Cobra could do that to you and your car.

The fact still remains that your lightly modded LT1 would fare an ugly loss to a properly driven LS1, much less a Cobra. Did you hang with that specific Cobra? Yes. Congratulations. Just don't think it's typical.

Your lightly modded, high milage LT1 is more like 50-70 horses shy of an LS1.
Again, don't believe me? Go ask in the Tech section. There are lots of people (like me) who had an LT1 and now have an LS1. Take me up on it -- go ask in the Tech section... tell them you're thinking about getting a low milage LS1 Fbody and want to know the Hp difference, lightly modded LT1 and stock LS1.

Last edited by nuke61; 09-27-2004 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:19 PM

and to scott9050... your credibility just went to crap... you guys must be in the same preschool together huh? god damn i hate *** kissin...
Since that is in your eyes, I will take that as a compliment
Old 09-27-2004, 11:11 PM

finally, some real conversation from nuke... glad to hear some real info, ill take you up on that offer... finding out the difference between an LS1 and my LT1... but i am serious when i say i am serious competition for an LS1.... i dont even KNOW all of whats in my car guys... i know it was WAY hotter than any other LT1 i drove, which is why i bought it... i dont know why entirely, i just listed what i know for a fact is a part of my car.... there could be a load of other things as well... i just know its much faster than any other LT1 ive driven... and thats something to say in itself.. is it not?

Quick Reply: 95 Z28 Vs. 04 Cobra.... oh wow...