Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

stiffer springs for cheap

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 02:54 AM

stiffer springs for cheap

Does anyone know if there are any springs front or rear for cheap.I have an 85 cutlass that I had replaced the stock units with some Moog units that had a lot stiffer rates and it made a hell of a difference. I see a lot of guys on here posting about this name brand or that and bragging them up but I don't want to spend 3 to 4 hundred when I might be able to get em for less than a hundred like I did on the ol cutty
Old 04-25-2016, 01:23 AM

Re: stiffer springs for cheap

I assume the springs are needed for your 97 Camaro?

Typically the higher rate springs also lower your car. Depending on the kit, most new spring kits (set of 4) lower your car 1.4" to 2.0". Most kits have variable rate springs, but you can get linear rate springs as well. They usually sell for about $235 to $270 for a set of 4. Seen fronts and rears separately for $100 to $150.00.

I first went with Eibach Pro-Kit which lowered car 1.4" and cost $225.00/kit. These are variable rate springs. Then went with LG Motorsports World Challenge Cup linear springs which were way too stiff and lowered car 2 inches. I now have front adjustable ride height coil overs with Eibachs and rear adjustable ride height Eibachs , but this setup is expensive.

Place a post in Parts Wanted section and look on ebay. Hope this helps.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:07 AM

Re: stiffer springs for cheap

Yes I'm looking for springs for my 97 m6 z28 but I really don't want to loose any ride height. I just want a more aggressive ride and handling characteristics. My headers aalready drag here and there as does the nose of my car if I don't take it easy. Thanks for the response. If I were to go with coil spacer could I get my lost ride height back.