Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Just bought Eibach Pro springs

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 08:06 PM

Just bought Eibach Pro springs

got the 1.5 inch lowering springs (Craigslist) look nice on stance now for handling do I need LCA brackets for a 1.5 drop and adjustable panhard bar? I will eventually get shocks for it all the way around but just testing the waters on the ride right now but for the best ride possible what else is needed I plan on getting C5 or Z06 17" fronts and 18" rears what is the best way to go about getting the best ride possible thanks a million to any and all help you guys rock
Old 02-23-2014, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Re: Just bought Eibach Pro springs

What do you mean by"best ride"? Is this a drag setup (lowering generally not a good idea), a road race/auto-x ride, or just a decent daily driver?

You need to check to see if the rear of the chassis is still centered side-to-side over the rear axle. If not you need an adjustable panhard rod to recenter it. For drag use you'll need LCA relo brackets, or you will have major wheel hop. For road race/auto-x you need input from someone like Sam Strano at Strano Parts.

Last edited by Injuneer; 03-01-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:54 PM

im going to be using the car as a street/strip weekend cruiser to car meets and what not so that is where im wanting the best ride possible for decent driving
Old 03-01-2014, 12:21 PM

Koni adjustable shocks are your best bet for a good ride. I originally had the Eibach Pro-Kit on stock shocks, and then a set of Gabrielle shocks and it got to the point that I couldn't stand driving the car due to how rough the ride was. The ONLY thing I liked was the looks. I eventually stopped looking for a way to make the Eibach's ride well (as well as solve the rear sagging problem Eibach's are also known for), and sold them and went with Strano springs and Koni SA shocks. Not the cheapest way to lower an F-Body, but by far the best handling and when the shocks are set on full soft, it rides VERY close to stock.

Adjustable panhard bar, as well as LCA relocation brackets are also a must to properly lower our cars.

Last edited by BandDirector Blk98ZM6; 03-01-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:24 PM
Administrator

I had a similar experience with the Pro-Kit and my QA1 single adjustable shocks. The rear of the car had a "choppy" ride, like a slammed S10 pickup riding directly on the axle. Could not solve the problem with any of the 12 firmness settings on the QA1's. I eventually took them off.

I'm still not sure what "best ride" means - do you mean smooth and lifeless like a Buick sedan? Can't feel the bumps... but can take a corner fast either.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:59 PM

by best ride I do mean like the most comfortable ride cause I have heard about how rough these cars are when lowered but i have heard for the lca relocation brackets are only good for the eibach sportline beause it lowers it more than pro so that is wht i ask if the lca brackets are needed for the pro being only a 1.5in drop
Old 03-02-2014, 09:31 AM
Administrator

I run LCA relo brackets on a stock ride height car. Actually, the Eibach Drag Launch springs raise the rear of the car about 1/4" above stock. The brackets eliminated wheel hop on hard launches.

If you don't want to spend the money, lower the car and see how is measures side to side over the rear axle (will determine if you need an adjustable panhard bar), and then try some hard launches from a standing start. If you exprience wheel hop and poor traction, you need LCA relocation brackets.

Firm ride and good handling sort of go hand-in-hand. I love my firm suspension. Provides excellent feedback on how the car is handling. Allows me to control it better with the throttle and the brakes. That's why most of us buy a car like a Camaro/Firebird.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:42 PM

I had a similar experience with the Pro-Kit and my QA1 single adjustable shocks. The rear of the car had a "choppy" ride, like a slammed S10 pickup riding directly on the axle. Could not solve the problem with any of the 12 firmness settings on the QA1's. I eventually took them off.
Same setup here, and it's pretty rough. I don't want to spend money on more springs, and certainly don't want to put anything else in there and find it too stiff too, so I've been looking on Craigslist for some stock springs to put in. The car does look great lowered though.

Last edited by blue; 05-21-2014 at 03:09 PM.