Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Baer or Brembo

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 08:20 AM

Baer or Brembo

Hey, i'm curious if there is a set up avaliable from those two companies for my 97 Z28. I checked around on their websites, didn't find too much. So if you know please help! does anyone have it? How do you like it? How much did it cost? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-27-2005, 01:53 PM

Re: Baer or Brembo

Wilwood I know markets a kit in Summit for about 1400 for the front brakes. I am pretty sure you can get Bear, Brembo or Stainless Steel Brake Kits for about the same money.

Have your considered the option of upgrading to 98+ style F-Body Brakes. The later style f-body front brakes use a 2 piston aluminum caliper and larger rotors.

This upgade can be accomplished for a few hundred as opposed to over a thousand for an aftermarket upgrade.

Not long ago I considered the same type of brake upgrade you are asking about and decided to go with the 98+ F-Fody Brake upgrade as many have been more than satified with the performance of this upgrade.

With the money I saved on the brake upgrade I decided to have my Spindle Assemblies and Caliper Brackets Powder Coated and Upgrade my Rotors to Brembo OEM Replacements and install Hawk HPS pads.

I figure when its all said and done I still saved close to a grand over an aftermarket system.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:51 PM

Re: Baer or Brembo

Is there much difficulty in upgrading to the LS1 brake set up from the older LT1 and what specific parts might we need to accomplish the switch? I have been trying to track down a set of Bob Bishop Brakcets for the C5/Z06 conversion but I seem to have hit a dead end in that mission.