Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Is Zaino really all that great?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 02:58 PM

Is Zaino really all that great?

Like the subject says.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:44 PM

No.

It's GREATER! You seriously need to experience it for yourself because the greatness of the almighty Zaino cannot be put into words.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:05 PM

it looks like you wrapped your car in saranwrap
almighty zaino
Old 02-26-2004, 07:22 PM

Zaino is alright...........I have tried almost everything out there and I will honestly tell you........Meguir's is the best to use. Zaino is good and all......but I really don't feel it soes what everyone says it does. Just my .02 .......it is still sitting on the shelf.....half full.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:42 PM

Originally posted by 6']['9
it looks like you wrapped your car in saranwrap
almighty zaino
That was unnecessary, in fact maybe you should take a closer look at the other pictures of his car after he did Zaino. His car looks great. If someone isn't impressed with Zaino, its probably because their paint is in too bad of shape to see much of a difference to begin with, or they are not using it right.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:15 PM

96speed. If you don't want your Zaino kit anymore do you wanna sell it? If so what all do you have?
Old 02-26-2004, 10:35 PM

after a coat or 2 no you may not really tell a difference then using regular was or polish but after a couple of coats you notice a BIG difference and the darker the car the more difference you can tell.

also its fun when all you have to do after not polishing it for a month straight is was it off and you STILL have the same shine as if you just did
Old 02-26-2004, 10:52 PM

Look at how many steps you take to get a good Zaino shine though.Take that much work and put it into Meguires Gold Class line and the only difference you can tell comes in the form of more money in your pocket from buying Meguires.
I agree with the statement that Zaino is only alright.

Last edited by LanceJoker; 02-26-2004 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:30 AM

Re: Is Zaino really all that great?

Originally posted by Jay-Roll
Like the subject says.
It is simply the longest lasting, best protecting, deepest shining, easiest to put on, easiest to take off product you can buy.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:36 AM

Originally posted by LanceJoker
Look at how many steps you take to get a good Zaino shine though.Take that much work and put it into Meguires Gold Class line and the only difference you can tell comes in the form of more money in your pocket from buying Meguires.
I agree with the statement that Zaino is only alright.
Explain the extra steps you think you have to use with Zaino that you don't have to use with Meguiar's Gold Class.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:52 AM

Originally posted by moparman
Explain the extra steps you think you have to use with Zaino that you don't have to use with Meguiar's Gold Class.
Exactly.

There are none.

Good prep work is essential to any detail job, no matter what product you use.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:12 AM

Originally posted by GoFast908Z
That was unnecessary, in fact maybe you should take a closer look at the other pictures of his car after he did Zaino. His car looks great. If someone isn't impressed with Zaino, its probably because their paint is in too bad of shape to see much of a difference to begin with, or they are not using it right.
or maybe someone is more of a professional detailer and know the difference between synthetic polishes and decides not to use it
Old 02-27-2004, 08:20 AM

The way I think is to each their own. I don't think the Zaino is BAD......I just don't see a big difference in shine after three coats as compared to one of Meguirs and Final Inspection.

My car has 12,000 miles on it........the paint is almost perfect......I just think use what ya like!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2004, 08:44 AM

It's really not worth arguing over.Bottom line is that you Zaino guys hold it like it's gold or something.I can get the same great long lasting shine with Meguires Gold class.Get it from the local store without paying additional shipping charges.And best of all I can spend probably 30 bucks less than you guys did for the same great looking car.30 bucks that can go to my next mod.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:02 AM

Originally posted by LanceJoker
It's really not worth arguing over.Bottom line is that you Zaino guys hold it like it's gold or something.I can get the same great long lasting shine with Meguires Gold class.Get it from the local store without paying additional shipping charges.And best of all I can spend probably 30 bucks less than you guys did for the same great looking car.30 bucks that can go to my next mod.
If Meguires is your preference, that is fine. I have no problem with that at all... I used it for a long time myself before trying Zaino... but:

Shine is somewhat subjective (though it can be measured)...... so I wont even argue that.

However, if you think it Gold Class lasts as long as Zaino, you are fooling yourself. It is not even close. Zaino will last months and months and months... Gold Class will a few weeks, maybe a month, depending on if it rains or how often you wash the car.

Also, Zaino will layer. Gold Class will not... so with each application of Zaino, you add more protection. With each layer of Gold Class, you lose the old layer, assuming there was any left to begin with.

With Zaino, ya, you pay shipping... $8. But, unless you live in New Jersey, you dont pay tax on it either, so it is almost a wash, plus I can sit back and wait for it to come to me, for what that is worth.

And finally, Gold Class is not any cheaper than Zaino if you do all the proper detailing/prep steps with both products. Clay Bar is not exclusive to the Zaino line... Meguire's has a clay bar too (but it is junk)... Meguires has a Quick Detailer, not unliek Zaino's Z6... etc etc etc...

Last edited by Darth Xed; 02-27-2004 at 09:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Is Zaino really all that great?