Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Zaino question

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 12:01 PM

Zaino question

I've been told that if you mix Z2/Z5 with ZFX in the 2 ounce bottles that come with the ZFX you have to clean the bottle so it's completely clean. If the bottle doesn't come totally clean (I guess this means no residue left on the inside of the botle) then it shouldn't be used again. I'm just curious, why? I don't see why it would matter. How could this left over residue affect any thing???
Old 10-16-2002, 01:25 PM

Assuming you want to use the bottle again it would be best to get the Zaino out before it set up and got hard. If you don't want to use the bottle again you can always toss it.

I put a few drops of Dawn in the bottle with some water, shake it real good, dump that out and let the bottle air dry.
Old 10-16-2002, 02:04 PM

Smile

I'm just curious, why? I don't see why it would matter. How could this left over residue affect any thing???
Well, that's kinda like taking a fresh bottle bottle of any wax or sealant, including Zaino, and pouring it into another wax container that has long dried up and turned crusty and then waxing your car with it. You just don't want the dried residue coming through the bottle onto the applicator and possibly scratching the paint. It's a good idea to start out with a fresh bottle after each use instead of pouring fresh polish into dried polish and mixing it up. Would you take dried polish, scrape it out of the bottle, and try to wax your car with it? I wouldn't and I would hope noone else would either. Mixing fresh polish with dried is like using the dried residue on the car too.

It's not a big deal as long as you wash out the bottle well. I use pure alcohol and hot water and it works great. Shake the alcohol up and it removes the residue very quickly, then rinse it out thoroughly. Takes maybe 2 minutes... Let it dry and you're good for another use!

Old 10-16-2002, 05:12 PM

Thanks for the replies. I have been cleaning the bottles thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol and dish soap. I noticed after the bottles dry there is a little bit of a residue left on the inside, nothing like dried up crusty wax and it comes off easily if I just rub it. I guess I don't really need to buy new bottles then. Thanks.

Old 10-17-2002, 06:18 AM

Use an old toothbrush and the rubbing alcohol, it will get out any residue.