Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Formula 113 kicks arse!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2002, 07:54 PM

Do my test using non-clearcoated panels to determine what products contain abrasives and which ones don't. I realize that most people don't have the time or desire to do it so another test you could try would be to take same enamel or laquer paint and paint a few streaks on a metal toolbox. Let the paint set for 24 hours and take your favorite wax product and try removing it using a cotton towel or some soft towel. If the product is able to remove it I certainly would not want to use it on my car.

If you feel comfortable using a product that can remove paint on your valued car finish then by all means keep on using it.
Old 05-27-2002, 08:00 PM

Actually Mike the percentage of Zaino users who experience any problems is VERY low, especially considering how many people use it. The biggest and about the only problem I usually see people having is forgetting the "wax" habits. Applying Zaino is definitely different than using wax, but most anyone who might have a problem generally corrects it very quickly.

------------------
Kevin Villier, 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", TT, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, STB, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid with Holley filter and Mallory polished MAF ends.

Louisville, KY
Old 05-27-2002, 10:03 PM
Banned

ALL this conversation is going to do is get me banned. So I am taking a chill pill. Have to go pack my van for the NSRA next weekend in York,Pa. If any one is close to York,Please come by so I can show you my self and end the bull about the 113 not being worth anything. Oh by the way a 37 Lincoln Zepher built by Boyd Coddington will be unvailed at the show and the NEW owner is a loyal 113 user, that car is worth some were over 250K. But he is going to ruin it with 113. WHAT A JOKE.

Come by and say hello. And we can have some fun. You guys are something else. What does zaino put in that stuff, heroin
Old 05-28-2002, 01:29 PM

Mike still waiting for my sample of Formula 113.......dying to try it!!
Old 05-28-2002, 06:05 PM

Me I personally use Armor All.....Love the stuff and it smells like cookies!!! Anywho, I'm more than willing to try F113 - especially if its free. I love to try new and exciting things. But Azino is too expensive for my tastes - especially since you have to use all of its products to get the best results- I don't like that. But anywho i'm getting away from my purpose, Mike P send me some stuff!!

Rob

------------------
1999 Z-28 Camaro
T-Tops, 6 speed
Old 05-28-2002, 09:27 PM

Well, I tried a little Formula 113 this weekend.

Do I have anything bad to say about the product? No

It went on like wax and came off like wax, it shined like wax.

As for all this talk of abrasives, solvents and such if they are in there, they dont do anything. I tried the product on an old truck, it wouldnt touch the heavy oxidation, it wouldnt remove the grit from the paint either. If I am not mistaken a product with all that in it, would have removed even a little of the oxidation and on another test subject the dirt from the paint that did not come off with washing it. I even scrubbed very hard in an attempt to remove any of it on either test subject.

In the next few weeks I will order some Zaino and try that and post some results.

However, it really is not a fair to compare a multistep system to a one step system. One is going to remove all the crap from the paint, because that it what that step is ment to do.

Formula 113 had a nice shine to it when done.

And a final note, I think most of this all depends on what condition the paint is in. I dont believe that comparing show winning cars, or even show cars for that matter, to everyday driven cars that see rain, sun and maybe even snow is really a good way to say how well the product works.

[This message has been edited by Cobra R (edited May 28, 2002).]
Old 05-29-2002, 02:35 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bizzomb0707:
Zaino is the obvious winner here. It is safer, more durable, and great protection for a daily driver. I don't even know how Zaino and F113 are even being compared. They are not in the same class. If you care about your paint finish and the fact that Zaino is optically perect (99.9%) then use Zaino. If you just want your car to shine and you do NOT care about the damage that is being caused or care about any long-term effects then go ahead and enjoy your F113.

"Zaino is a true and total paint protectant system. One application of Zaino Z2 or Z5 will outlast & outprotect any product in the industry and provides total protection, far exceeding any wax or polish product."
</font>

Yet another self-proclaimed applications expert.
I can't believe this sh(t is still going on.
Old 05-30-2002, 09:00 PM

Well I used my free sample of Formula 113 on my Talon, and the results were amazing!!! Yea Zaino is awesome too but if Formula 113 destroyed paint like the Zaino guys claim, why would so many street rod guys use it?? Look Mike has a great product in Formula 113, Sal kicks butt with his Zaino, and Klass is right with Zaino too. Why don't we all just be glad we got so many kick a$$ products to choose from.
Old 06-03-2002, 12:56 PM

Great Response Baron. Glad to see things are working out for you too. I think all the products are great in their own way. They all make your car look great so it just depends on which road you choose to get there. Also they are each completely different products so why are they being compared?

------------------
Moderator Eastern F-body Association

Getting Faster All the Time!