Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Formula 113 kicks arse!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 08:39 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cobra R:
Explain why the Duragloss is Zaino post got locked?

It got locked as I said before as the poster was trying to spread a false truth about Zaino and Duragloss being the same company, actually Zaino and Duragloss uses the same bottle supplier, the largest of the type in the country.

It was not someone trying to sell Zaino, it was not a flame, it was someone asking the question if it was the same and if anyone else had heard the same rumor.

Anyway, that is cool if you want to be a Zaino dealer. I just feel that people get a little carried away with the "Zaino Cult" theme.

That can be true, but I am not one of them, if you ask me about a wax or polish (99% of the time I have already used it, I have shown cars since the early 80's) I will tell you what I know about it good or bad, is having DMS (dimethyl silicone) in a product bad, of course it is. Silicone is grease, grease attracts dust and dirt, dirt causes scratches that have to be filled again and again with a silicone proudct, it is a never ending cycle. Paint does not need oils or silicone. Polymers in Zaino are not silicone based.

There are a ton of other products out there that work great.

True, there are many types of beers also, that does not mean everyone that likes beer automatically likes every brand name of beer.

Personally for me, I am going to use what I can go to the local store and buy.

Makes no difference to me where I get it, 90% of my purchases for show car stuff, speed items, custom parts, etc. do not come from stores.

On another note, there seems to be people that "know" everything about every kind of wax. I would like to see a Chemical eng. deg. And some comparisons of the different waxes they talk about.

Actually you can do your own research, just go to www.hazard.com And I do work with a chemist, all it takes is a phone call and I can tell you exactly what is in just about any wax or polish you name.

I doubt that we have any here and that most of this is all hear say, from certain company propaganda.

As for harsh abrassives being in whatever wax, if that were the case, then you would see paint color upon the applicator and the towel or what have you that removed the wax.

This would have been true in 1988 and before, but since about then all cars are clear coated, you never touch the base color coat. Did you know that back in the 80's the EPA took all the lead out of auto paint??? This is one of the leading causes that auto makers had to go to a clear coat system.

Also on that same topic, if you are to the point that wax ifs removing paint, its time to stop and have the car repainted.
</font>
------------------
96 Black Impala SS
Authorized Zaino Showcar Polish Distributor
www.zainobros.com
Remember #3

[This message has been edited by KevinSS (edited May 22, 2002).]
Old 05-22-2002, 08:50 PM

Thumbs up

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by baron4406:
Mike LS I'm going to do just what you suggested, my Camaro is getting the Z5 treatment , and when I get the Formula 113 I'll use it on my Talon. To be fair I'm gonna throw a coat of Z2 on it to be fair. Then I'll give my honest assesment. </font>

Great, this is the best thing I've heard all day! Your own fair and equal comparison is exactly what you should do, and I'm glad you are doing your own testing, that's all that counts. I'll look forward to hearing your honest opinions on both, regardless of the results.

Here are some items to consider when testing any wax or sealant for yourself: Ease of application, ease of removal, ultimate shine, depth, and wetness(albeit subjective, these still count), longevity/durability, and overall protection (for daily drivers). There are probably other factors I'm missing, but I'm tired and grumpy tonight, and I apologize for my attitude in "another" post, if you read it...it's more than likely my sleepiness (or lack thereof), grumpiness, and job related stresses showing through... So, if I seem a little touchy tonight, try not to take anything personally, because I'm not here to make others feel bad and start anything, it's more than likely just stress...

Ya know, in the end, it's all about having nice clean cars for us to enjoy, that's why I generally hate getting into product bickering wars. Whatever you or anyone else uses is your business, just enjoy the process and results, that's all that counts...

------------------
*Mike's 1992 Camaro RS 25th Anniv.*
Dark Red Metallic (ext.) / Flame Red (int.)
Flowmaster Crossflow, K&N, 20% 3M Panther Black Tint
JL Audio 3 10", PPI PC2100, Kenwood eXcelon KRC-953H/U, Kenwood / Pioneer speakers
Shine by ZAINO! - Special Thanks to Sal Z!
Old 05-22-2002, 09:30 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Silicone is grease, grease attracts dust and dirt, dirt causes scratches that have to be filled again and again with a silicone proudct, it is a never ending cycle. </font>
Ok, this I will agree with and it makes sense. However, this was never stated, all that was said was how bad silicone is. Silicone itself is not bad.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Also on that same topic, if you are to the point that wax ifs removing paint, its time to stop and have the car repainted. </font>
I am well aware of what is used for paint, that was why I made the next statement.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">As for harsh abrassives being in whatever wax, if that were the case, then you would see paint color upon the applicator and the towel or what have you that removed the wax.</font>
I was basically making fun of everyone for always having to bring up abrassives. Look at this way, when you drive down the highway, every time the wind picks up, your car paint is taking alot more abuse then what the abrassive in the wax is doing. If you are some maniac that uses the wax to scrub the car, yes I am sure it could have some effect. However all this is put in for is removing dirt that has embeded into old wax, along with removing some of the old wax. If done properly the abrassives would have never touched your paint. Just old wax and dirt.

Anyway, if I was to put Zaino to the test, could it live up to all this hype?

[This message has been edited by Cobra R (edited May 22, 2002).]
Old 05-22-2002, 10:14 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Great, this is the best thing I've heard all day! Your own fair and equal comparison is exactly what you should do, and I'm glad you are doing your own testing, that's all that counts. I'll look forward to hearing your honest opinions on both, regardless of the results.

Here are some items to consider when testing any wax or sealant for yourself: Ease of application, ease of removal, ultimate shine, depth, and wetness(albeit subjective, these still count), longevity/durability, and overall protection (for daily drivers). There are probably other factors I'm missing, but I'm tired and grumpy tonight, and I apologize for my attitude in "another" post, if you read it...it's more than likely my sleepiness (or lack thereof), grumpiness, and job related stresses showing through... So, if I seem a little touchy tonight, try not to take anything personally, because I'm not here to make others feel bad and start anything, it's more than likely just stress...

Ya know, in the end, it's all about having nice clean cars for us to enjoy, that's why I generally hate getting into product bickering wars. Whatever you or anyone else uses is your business, just enjoy the process and results, that's all that counts...

</font>

Great post Mike, sorry if I got under your collar a bit- I just was kinda shocked at the reactions I got when I came in here after my Zaino fiasco. Hey I know Zaino kicks ***, the zelousness of its followers is enough for me. My local distributor also went WAAAAY out of his way to try and help me, the guy is a heck of a nice guy as well as a honest buisnessman. Like I said before I have all this Zaino and I'm giving it a honest try. I'll be able to put about 6-8 coats of Z5 on my car then I'll hit it with a few of Z2. I can honestly predict I'll be blown away, I'm also gonna give the Formula 113 a try on my Talon. Granted the Formula 113 has a MUCH tougher job, the paint on my Talon is rather poor. However Zymol really woke it up and made it look sharp-too bad it lasted about as long as a gnat's hiccup. Since its my daily driver it would probably be better to use Zaino on that car.....but I got all summer and if any of you guys hit Maple Grove at all on a friday night this summer I'll be there with the Talon or my Camaro depending on my mood. I'm just glad the air is clearing here, in person I'm cool and mellow as can be......on the internet my horns tend to come out alot more. In fact my GF will NOT chat with me on the 'net. Its the only time we argue. My prediction for my Camaro?? Its probably gonna have to be buffed and patched a bit, I'm determined to have a nice car here. I baby the heck out of that car, so I'd love it to look that way.
Old 05-23-2002, 08:16 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I simply state the truth about products with my personal opinions as well. It really looks to me like you and many more can't handle the truth...not my problem...do some research first, then we'll talk. It's not my problem if you don't understand how silicones or abrasives can be harmful to paint</font>
Please once again spare me your ignorance. The truth is you claimed silicones cause damage (which is complete BS) and also the product in question caused a "oily muted look". A product which you NEVER used. So you are talking out of your ***, and were called on it. It is like a broken record with you, but I am glad at least for the other people who read through this crazy post, can make their OWN opinions on Formula 113 knowing the people who hate this product never even used it, and their claims I mentioned above are unfounded. It is like romper room in this forum. On that note, I will let you kids have your Zaino playground back. Noone is sure as hell going to change each others minds here, and I am done with this post

Old 05-23-2002, 08:21 AM
Banned

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hcvone:

This is from the 113 web site

"Many detail shops use Formula "113" because it saves them time and money. Many shops say they can do twice the amount of cars in a day. Formula "113" replaces other products like fine cuts , pre-cleaners, glazes".

When you guys get the samples, I want you to put a drop between your fingers and lets us know what you feel.

Carl is the anti113 crusader. Give it up Carl. My sales have tripled since I started going on the Corvette Forum.

Thanks

</font>
[This message has been edited by MICHAEL PRISCO (edited May 23, 2002).]

Old 05-23-2002, 08:37 AM
Banned

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 2MCHPSI:
I could say the same thing about Zaino-Duragloss.

I used the Formula 113 on a 2002 car, and it was amazing how well it worked. Some people have suggested it can only be used on older models with oxidized paint ect. I did not see any of those claims when using this product that is abrasive. You said it should not be used on "nice new finishes" AHAHAHAH Give me a break already.

Anyway sorry to see you did not get along with the owner of Formula 113.

[This message has been edited by 2MCHPSI

(edited May 19, 2002).]
</font>
Thanks again for support and telling the truth about how well 113 works.

As for mikels, I have never crossed his path before coming here a few days ago.

Mike there are always to sides to every story. Don't be so quick to judge me or my actions , you don't know me and if you did you would know I am not a bad guy.

Old 05-23-2002, 09:00 AM
Banned

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KevinSS:
F113 is loaded with DMS (dimethyl silicone) if you don't know what that is or what it does to paint, you better find out (hint, hint, just ask someone who paints cars for a living) and F113 is also an abrasive product with strong cleaners, how do you think it did this?? http://www.formula113.com/Before_after.htm

Again, use what you want, I just list the facts.

</font>
Kevin would you like the phone #'s of the many body shops that use and reccomend the formula113 to there customers after the car leaves the shop.

I need to explain something, Sal Zaino is a friend, I would say its a touchy relationship but we have met at shows and talked on the phone many times.

I have nothing against the man, I think he is good guy and what he has done with his company is impressive. I never said that his products were not good, great or what ever.

If I said they sucked or were no good that would be stupid. The reason why I am here is defend my products and me. Some of the zaino dealers and users are hell bent on downplaying all other products including mine. How can someone comment on a product that they have never used? It is totaly rediculous.

To Kevinss and Mikels, were do you guys live, I would love to take a ride and show you the 113 and the beadx, after seeing how good they work and how deep the shine is you don't believe they are nice products. Then I give up.

In 7 years of selling the products at car shows, I have never had a returned bottle, or someone coming back to me and saying it didn't work or its a average product. They come back and rant and rave that it is the best they have ever used.

SO STOP BASHING THE PRODUCTS, ZAINO IS GREAT, FORMULA113 IS GREAT.

I want to post some of the many e mails and testimonials I receive. These are from the beggining of my mission , around 1996-97

CUSTOMER TESTIMONIALS
To: Formula "113"
A few words of support for your fantastic Formula "113".
Since I met Michael several years ago, at the Daytona Turkey Run, where he demonstrated Formula"113", I have been a true believer in your very fine products. I now use Formula "113" on my complete car collection, from my
Rolls Royce Silver Cloud II to my Lamborghini Countach.
The advantages are numerous; application in direct sunlight; easy to apply and buff off; and most of all - No Dust Residue!!! Michael, in the past 50 years, I have used all the so-called "top products" and none can match the brilliant shine and ease of application of Formula "113".
The very best to all and Good Luck... P.S. I like your new label, keep the contents the same...
Tony - Nokomis, FL

Thanks for the great job you and your crew did at our Palm Beach '96 "Collector Car Auction". It was simply unbelievable that in such a short period of time, you were able to detail - to perfection - 20 of our most pristine automobiles. The Formula "113" products safely and efficiently brought reality to each automobile's potential. Further, we feel that Formula "113" products far exceeded the detail expectations of the owners of these automobiles as cars were brought to
a "show room new" sparkling appearance.
It was important that the 100 cars valued at over $15 million dollars make a spectacular appearance. Collectors, photographers and press agents from all over the world were there to closely inspect and scrutinize every car. Special spotlights were installed so as to give true exposure to these beautiful bodies and the dazzle was definitely in the shine!
Again, thanks for a job well done. We now know that the use of the Formula "113" products is essential when offering cars to the public for sale. I can't wait to have Formula "113"work its wonders on my own personal cars.
Sincerely, Robert - Bailey International, Inc.

Formula "113" has great products.
We've tried most all the waxes and polishes out there and, in our opinion, nothing compares! The products sell themselves. We do one small spot on the customer's car or truck and we've got a sale!!
Our first case sold out in 6 days!! The BEADX is also unique and makes giving your car that "spit shine" easier than ever. Anyone who thinks waxes and polishes are all the same will think again - after they try Formula "113".
Shane - Eastern Shore Auto Body & Customizing, Onancock, VA

"After being initially skeptical about Formula "113" I was amazed to find a product that does everything that it claims. Unlike many other "All In One" products, Formula "113"actually does quite a bit to the paint - makes it clean, smooth and shiny as heck!!
I was skeptical when I first heard about Formula "113" because I came from the "Work, Work, Work" school of thought. I was a "dyed in the wool" user of the most expensive waxes and car care products out there. Sure, they lasted a long time, made the car "Concourse" ready and made the paint slick. But I was spending more time polishing my car than driving it!!!
Formula "113" hit me like a baseball bat between the eyes!! This stuff is absolutely spectacular! I won't let other inferior products touch my BMW/Dinan 325is's Black paint again!!!
Sincerely, Greg - BMW Car Club of America
Member, Atherton, CA

This one is for Sal and me

Author Topic: SHINE VS MIRROR EFFECT!!!!

posted 04-13-2001 12:42 PM

Ok I am through with 2 coats of z-5 and one z-2. I like the shine but I do think that the shine on the 113 is better BUT!!! I think there is a big difference on shine and a mirror effect. The zaino definately has a mirror effect on the paint. I can see myself much sharper and clearer in the paint than with anything else I have used including the 113. The zaino also beads water like nothing esle i have seen before. Here is my initial rating for all of the things that I can think of to compare between 113 and zaino!!! The reason i compare these two is because they are the best that I have found!!!!.everything is rated 1-10 and I am rating 2 coats of z-5 and one coat of z-2 with z-6 wipe inbetween each coat compared to one coat of f113 and beadx wipe afterward.
ZAINO F113
Shine 6 10
Depth 9 9
Swirl/scratch cover 5 9
Mirror effect 10 5
Longevity 9 4
Price 3 7
Work/Time involved 2 9
Feel of paint 9 7
Water Bead 10 6
visible residue 9 10
--------------Z-113--------------------------
TOTAL SCORES 72 76
[This message has been edited by ******(edited 04-13-2001).]

posted 04-13-2001 01:49 PM

KALE, Not trying to start anything but have you ever used 113????? I have used both. I am not saying that 113 is not abrasive because I am no chemist and I cannot tell that!!! I can tell you this though I HAVE USED IT and as far as the abrasiveness of it it is not great at all. I had two scuff marks from my shoes that looked the same on my ground effects and on one of them I used the 3m swirl remover that everyone recommends and it came off with little pressure or rubbing. I then figured since everyone makes out that f113 is sandpaper on here that I would try it and see if it had the same effect. I had to rub for 10 minutes really hard to get that mark off. Also a friend of mine sideswiped a wicker basket in his driveway and we tried useing the 113 to get the paint from it off and after about an hour or so of work we had not accomplished anything. Took out the 3m and it removed it in about 5 minutes!!!!!! I thinks that tells you how abrasive that is. The point is I HAVE USED BOTH PRODUCTS AND I WAS JUST GIVING MY HONEST OPINION as to what I have seen out of both!!!! There are two many people on this board bashing products they have never used. I never have and never will bash zaino. BUT AT LEAST I HAVE USED IT!!!!
[This message has been edited by *******(edited 04-13-2001).]

Sorry for the long post, I have to clear up the bull, and this is one of the best ways I know with out getting in the Vette and coming to your house and showing you guys.

Old 05-23-2002, 04:23 PM

"Look at this way, when you drive down the highway, every time the wind picks up, your car paint is taking alot more abuse then what the abrassive in the wax is doing."

I have to disagree with this statement. The stuff that hits the car while driving and when the winds pick up may cause some marring/small scratches but they certainly will not remove paint. Car care waxes and polishes that do contain abrasives will definitely remove paint.

On another note, putting a wax or polish between your fingers and rubbing is an inadequate way to measure whether a product has abrasives unless the product is using large grits of sand. Kaolin and silica are too common examples of ingredients found in many waxes/polishes that are abrasive. These are very fine abrasives that you would not be able to feel. The only true way to test for abrasives is with the use of non-clearcoated panels as I posted before.

[This message has been edited by Rockster (edited May 23, 2002).]
Old 05-23-2002, 05:55 PM

Thumbs down

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 2MCHPSI:
Please once again spare me your ignorance. The truth is you claimed silicones cause damage (which is complete BS) and also the product in question caused a "oily muted look". A product which you NEVER used. So you are talking out of your ***, and were called on it. It is like a broken record with you, but I am glad at least for the other people who read through this crazy post, can make their OWN opinions on Formula 113 knowing the people who hate this product never even used it, and their claims I mentioned above are unfounded. It is like romper room in this forum. On that note, I will let you kids have your Zaino playground back. Noone is sure as hell going to change each others minds here, and I am done with this post

</font>
Look pal, you can call it ignorance if you want, fine. I NEVER said silicone caused DAMAGE, period. I said some forms are BAD, read my damned posts before you spout your trap about how ignorant everyone is. To me, it's you that's looking pretty stupid, calling the ones who know the most "ignorant." Grow up...

And, do I have to use a product personally to know that's it's bad or that it sucks? How about Turtle Wax, NuFinish, and the other low quality products that I've never ever used? Does this mean they are great products because I haven't used them personally? Hardly the case... I state the FACTS, and it's become quite obvious to me, you simply can't handle someone challenging YOUR almighty wisdom... Spare me...

If you wanna talk about ignorance, it's quite "ignorant" of you to assume Zaino is all that I and others have ever used. All it takes is ONE lab analysis or MSDS and I know for a fact if I would or would NOT ever use it on my cars. That's proof enough for me...too bad it's not for you...or maybe you can't read a MSDS...who knows...

------------------
JL Audio 3 10", PPI PC2100, Kenwood eXcelon KRC-953H/U, Kenwood / Pioneer speakers

[This message has been edited by MikeLS (edited May 23, 2002).]
Old 05-23-2002, 06:07 PM

Lightbulb

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MICHAEL PRISCO:

As for mikels, I have never crossed his path before coming here a few days ago.

Mike there are always to sides to every story. Don't be so quick to judge me or my actions , you don't know me and if you did you would know I am not a bad guy.

</font>
Michael P,

All I know is what I hear and have seen myself. Maybe they're rumors, who knows...but until it's proven to me personally, I'll otherwuse hold my same opinions. And, this isn't picking on you. I apply the same standards to everyone I do business with...

Good luck with F113...

------------------
Old 05-23-2002, 09:47 PM

Question

I have a 1984 BLACK Z. The paint is dull - not horribly, but I try not to park next to NEW black cars! AND, it has "spots" on the rear deck that my hubby says is IN the paint (it wouldn't buff out). What do you guys suggest?

------------------
Lady Serena and her Z
Black 1984 350 t-tops
Old 05-23-2002, 10:31 PM

Wow, I just couldn’t resist this one. Sorry for not leaving, but MikeLS, you are incredible!
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Look pal, you can call it ignorance if you want, fine. I NEVER said silicone caused DAMAGE, period. I said some forms are BAD, read my damned posts before you spout your trap about how ignorant everyone is. To me, it's you that's looking pretty stupid, calling the ones who know the most "ignorant." Grow up...</font>
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Silicone..It's cheap, and in many cases it's harmful as well, especially the DMS...</font>
You claim silicone harmful in many cases, yet you claim it does not cause damage???? So what in the hell were you trying to say there wonderboy ?? Harmful to look at???LOL Oh and you know the most??haha

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">And, do I have to use a product personally to know that's it's bad or that it sucks? How about Turtle Wax, NuFinish, and the other low quality products that I've never ever used? Does this mean they are great products because I haven't used them personally? Hardly the case... I state the FACTS, and it's become quite obvious to me, you simply can't handle someone challenging YOUR almighty wisdom... Spare me...</font>
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">If you and your friend prefer the oily muted look of a carnauba product...</font>
LOL Yet another wonderful comment from you. You are stating so called FACTS which are nothing more than your OPINION on a product you never seen or used. Bravo wonderboy, that has to be the most ridiculous comment yet. You are like a typical bench racer, running the mouth off, while sitting on the sidelines, never touching the product in question, yet you yell out FACTS, based on what??? Rumors and opinions.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">All it takes is ONE lab analysis or MSDS and I know for a fact if I would or would NOT ever use it on my cars</font>
All it would take is for you to provide this “FACT” sheet on Formula 113 being harmful that you are basing these FACTs of yours on. I am waiting for you to post this FACTUAL sheet that you have made your assumptions off of. Please post this on how Formula113 effects a cars paint job in a harmful way. I would really like to see this FACTUAL information.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">All I know is what I hear and have seen myself. Maybe they're rumors, who knows...but until it's proven to me personally, I'll otherwuse hold my same opinions. And, this isn't picking on you. I apply the same standards to everyone I do business with...</font>
Gee, I thought it was FACT. Now it is opinions and rumors, make up your mind already.

The whole point of this post is to make your opinionated *** realize that you need to stop mistaking your opinions of this product on which you have never even seen or used, and claiming your opinions as FACT. If you need more help compredhending the difference between opinions and rumors to FACTS, feel free to ask. That is what I am here for. Have a nice day

[This message has been edited by 2MCHPSI (edited May 23, 2002).]
Old 05-24-2002, 06:51 AM

Lightbulb

Again, I know what I know from years of experience, and yeah, I know a lot. So, how many types of waxes and polishes have you used before F113, just curious?

Like I said, I have facts to back up what I say, as well as years of experience, sorry you don't want to beleive any of it...sure I offer some opinions, but most of what I say IS factual. Like I said before, sounds like a few people need to do some serious research before they criticize what others have to say. I don't know how many times I have to say it, but just because I don't use a product does NOT mean I don't know anything about it. Will F113 make your car shine? Yeah, I bet it will, but at what expense... An this is what I'M hare for, later...

------------------
Old 05-24-2002, 08:04 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rockster:
"Look at this way, when you drive down the highway, every time the wind picks up, your car paint is taking alot more abuse then what the abrassive in the wax is doing."</font>
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
I have to disagree with this statement. The stuff that hits the car while driving and when the winds pick up may cause some marring/small scratches but they certainly will not remove paint. Car care waxes and polishes that do contain abrasives will definitely remove paint.</font>
LOL!
Exactly what types of 'stuff hits the car while driving'?
Ever heard of pebbles, sand, bird sh(t, debris from other vehicles?
The outside of a car at speed is a very hostile environment. I have a few spots on my hood and front bumper cover that can testify to that.

Quick Reply: Formula 113 kicks arse!