Show and Shine / Paint and Body Care Washing, polishing, detailing, paint care, etc.

Formula 113 kicks arse!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 06:26 PM

Talking Formula 113 kicks ****!

First impressions..WOW! The application went on very easily, and the shine Formula 113 produced was amazing. I have used Mothers 3 step and Zaino before, and I would have to say I like this stuff the best. I have heard that the Formula 113 does not last quite as long as Zaino though.. Anyway, I think it is a good buy for sure.

[This message has been edited by 2MCHPSI (edited May 19, 2002).]
Old 05-19-2002, 07:20 PM

Thumbs down

Use it if you like it...but I'll never buy the F113 stuff for one simple reason, the way the owner does business. He likes to threaten people via email who happen to voice a negative opinion of his products and is quite insulting as well. Personally, I don't care if F113 was the longest lasting most glossy and shiny product on Earth, I'd still never buy from someone who conducts himself in that manner. Until I see some ethics out of him or his products, they are staying at the bottom of my list.

Also, you could get the same results from Meguiar's cleaner/wax because that's basically all F113 is...it's best used on older finishes, not nice new ones... And to think the guy charges $20 a bottle...LOL!

If you like it, stay with it. But, if you would like to try quality carnauba wax products, I'd suggest a pure wax like Blitz, P21S, Griot's or Pinnacle.

------------------
*Mike's 1992 Camaro RS 25th Anniv.*
Dark Red Metallic (ext.) / Flame Red (int.)
Flowmaster Crossflow, K&N, 20% 3M Panther Black Tint
JL Audio 3 10", PPI PC2100, Kenwood eXcelon KRC-953H/U, Kenwood / Pioneer speakers
Shine by ZAINO! - Special Thanks to Sal Z!

[This message has been edited by MikeLS (edited May 19, 2002).]
Old 05-19-2002, 07:44 PM

Thumbs up

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Also, you could get the same results from Meguiar's cleaner/wax </font>
I could say the same thing about Zaino-Duragloss.

I used the Formula 113 on a 2002 car, and it was amazing how well it worked. Some people have suggested it can only be used on older models with oxidized paint ect. I did not see any of those claims when using this product that is abrasive. You said it should not be used on "nice new finishes" AHAHAHAH Give me a break already.

Anyway sorry to see you did not get along with the owner of Formula 113.

Old 05-19-2002, 07:52 PM

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the Zaino / Duragloss reference, as they are completely different products. F113 is a cleaner/wax similar to Meguiar's is what I meant... Duragloss is more similar to Liquid Glass or Finish First type products...

Also, I've never talked with or received emails from the owner of F113. I am going by the information that many others have said about him. Supposedly, he likes to send hate mail to members of other forums... Luckily I have been fortunate to never cross his path...

Again, I'm happy if you're happy. I'm sure your car looks nice, have any pics?

------------------
JL Audio 3 10", PPI PC2100, Kenwood eXcelon KRC-953H/U, Kenwood / Pioneer speakers
Old 05-19-2002, 07:59 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">... Duragloss is more similar to Liquid Glass or Finish First type products...</font>
Actually Duragloss products mirrors many Zaino products, and is very similiar, but much cheaper than Zaino.

I do not have a dig camera, but I stil have my 94 Z-28 to do, so maybe I can do a direct comparison one day with this stuff and others like Duragloss and Zaino.
Old 05-19-2002, 08:09 PM

Lightbulb

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 2MCHPSI:
Actually Duragloss products mirrors many Zaino products, and is very similiar, but much cheaper than Zaino.

</font>
Just to clarify a little, you are correct that the DuraGloss product line "looks" similar to Zaino's, but functions very differently. In fact, Duragloss is a silicone and mild abrasive formula, whereas Zaino is completely and 110% against using abrasives or silicones in the polishes. The only real similarity between the two is the bottles...

If you've used DG, what is you opinion of it? Back when I tried it, I never could get much of a shine out of it. Oh well, the bottles only cost about $6 a piece, no biggie...

------------------
Old 05-19-2002, 08:29 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The only real similarity between the two is the bottles</font>
well my point is Duragloss makes products that mirror every Zaino product, the contents might be a little different,but they do the same job. I honestly did not see a difference between the two when using them. We had a get together last summer and someone broke out the Duragloss. No one could tell the difference.

I guess the reason why I like this 113 so much, is that just after 1 coat, it shined like 2-3 coats of Zaino. I will see how long it lasts though compared to Zaino.
Old 05-19-2002, 09:06 PM

F113 is loaded with DMS (dimethyl silicone) if you don't know what that is or what it does to paint, you better find out (hint, hint, just ask someone who paints cars for a living) and F113 is also an abrasive product with strong cleaners, how do you think it did this?? http://www.formula113.com/Before_after.htm

Again, use what you want, I just list the facts.

------------------
96 Black Impala SS
Authorized Zaino Showcar Polish Distributor
www.zainobros.com
Remember #3
Old 05-19-2002, 10:29 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">F113 is loaded with DMS (dimethyl silicone) if you don't know what that is or what it does to paint, you better find out (hint, hint, just ask someone who paints cars for a living) </font>
Considering I do not need a new paint job, silicones in polishes are not a problem, and if your paint guy says he cannot get the silicone out when painting a car, then you had better find someone else to prep your car. I know your a Zaino freak and that is fine, but it seems like a trend for Zaino freaks to bash other products. You do not even know the percentage properties in Formula 113, yet claim you are stating the facts. The fact is 113 made one hell of a shine on a 1 year old car, and was not at all abrasive to the clear from what I have seen. The way you make it sound, I just appied toxic acid to my car, but since you make money off selling another product, that works in your favor to try and scare the masses to only use Zaino. Carry on.
Old 05-19-2002, 11:52 PM

Considering I do not need a new paint job, silicones in polishes are not a problem, and if your paint guy says he cannot get the silicone out when painting a car, then you had better find someone else to prep your car. I know your a Zaino freak and that is fine, but it seems like a trend for Zaino freaks to bash other products. You do not even know the percentage properties in Formula 113, yet claim you are stating the facts. The fact is 113 made one hell of a shine on a 1 year old car, and was not at all abrasive to the clear from what I have seen. The way you make it sound, I just appied toxic acid to my car, but since you make money off selling another product, that works in your favor to try and scare the masses to only use Zaino. Carry on.</font>
F113 is a good product for an old weathered car, certainly not for a one year old car. Sal Zaino knows exactly what is in F113 down to the exact percentages, you think I just post this stuff for my health????? There are 100's of products I would recommend rather than F113, basically anything Mothers, Meguiars, Blitz, Collinite makes would be better for a new car.

"if your paint guy says he cannot get the silicone out when painting a car, then you had better find someone else to prep your car. I know your a Zaino"

I never said anything about "my" paint guy.
DMS when used over years of time, can seep into plastic and composite body panels making them not adhere paint, that is common knowledge (just call Sal Zaino, he is a custom car painter, he has been there)

F113 does contain abrasives, if you don't want to believe that's fine, I thought the link I posted last time you give you a clue, any product than can remove old dead paint filled with oxidation is obviously, obviously loaded with abrasives and strong cleaners.

I never said F113 was not going to make your car shine, any product loaded with DMS is going to make a car shine. Lots of products made paint shine, that don't make them a good product.

------------------
96 Black Impala SS
Authorized Zaino Showcar Polish Distributor
www.zainobros.com
Remember #3
Old 05-20-2002, 07:04 AM

Man, this topic again, didn't the last person who came on the board about Formula113 make a big enough fool of himself. But it is good for a laugh.

------------------
Kevin Villier, 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", TT, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, STB, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid with Holley filter and Mallory polished MAF ends.

Louisville, KY
Old 05-20-2002, 07:35 AM

I could say the same thing about Zaino-Duragloss.

I used the Formula 113 on a 2002 car, and it was amazing how well it worked. Some people have suggested it can only be used on older models with oxidized paint ect. I did not see any of those claims when using this product that is abrasive. You said it should not be used on "nice new finishes" AHAHAHAH Give me a break already.

Anyway sorry to see you did not get along with the owner of Formula 113.

</font>

This is from the 113 web site

"Many detail shops use Formula "113" because it saves them time and money. Many shops say they can do twice the amount of cars in a day. Formula "113" replaces other products like fine cuts , pre-cleaners, glazes".

---------------------------------------------
fine cut, pre-cleaners and glazes all contain abrasives.

Here is some more product info

"Removes heavy to light oxidation, fast and easy.
Removes Swirl Marks, Scratches, Old Wax Build-Up, Dead Paint, Blemishes, Bird Droppings, Bugs, and Tar".
---------------------------------------------
To remove oxidation, swirl marks and scratches you need abrasives.

------------------
Carl V.
2002 Z06 Electron Blue/Mod Red

[This message has been edited by hcvone (edited May 20, 2002).]
Old 05-20-2002, 08:31 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> never said anything about "my" paint guy.
DMS when used over years of time, can seep into plastic and composite body panels making them not adhere paint, that is common knowledge (just call Sal Zaino, he is a custom car painter, he has been there)
</font>
Well I know many custom car painters, and if you cannot remove the silicone material off a car, then you should not be painting in the first place. In the late 70s and 80s, yes there was a widespread problem, but now there are plenty of cleaners to prep a car. Plastic panels, jeez, your complaining about that?? It would take many years of silicate coating, along with a bad paint job in the first place to have any problems with penetration into composite material. It should not be an issue most cases. Paranoia type bashing of silicones you are claiming, but it works for Sal, since he can claim his products do not use it.

Yes Formula 113 is easier to use.. That is due to the silicone. Thats why Formula 113 is much easier to apply, buff off, and creates a better shine than Zaino on the first coat. It also wont last as long. Silicone is not the antichrist, and only misinformed people would suggest this.

The only good point you bring up in this post is the cleaners in Formula 113. How much abrasive is in it..

I try many different products, and I saw a benefit on this product on how easy it is to use. It works very well with a one step application. I am not misinformed and scared of some silicones in products. If you are, then Zaino is a great product for you.

The cleaners in Formula 113 is something to look into for sure, but I noticed no signs of of harsh effects when using this product on a newer paint job.

And for the person who thinks I am a "fool" about mentioning this product, please spare me your ignorance.
Old 05-21-2002, 04:52 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeLS:
Use it if you like it...but I'll never buy the F113 stuff for one simple reason, the way the owner does business. He likes to threaten people via email who happen to voice a negative opinion of his products and is quite insulting as well.</font>
If you think Sal is an angel whenever his product has been bashed on a message board you are sadly mistaken.
[quote]<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Originally posted by Kevin V 2002 SS:
Man, this topic again, didn't the last person who came on the board about Formula113 make a big enough fool of himself. But it is good for a laugh.

</font>
I didn't realize this forum was exclusively for Zaino products. I didn't realize that if anyone mentioned another product and brought up a debate would be labeled a 'fool'.
It is experts like yourself who have made this board go down the toilet.
Answer me this, Kevin... if you were having this debate with 2MCHPSI in person would you look him in the eye and say what you posted?
I'm sure your answer is 'yes' because you have such a hard-on for the world, right?
Just another statistic.

------------------
1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 SS #597
What?

[This message has been edited by SS RRR (edited May 21, 2002).]
Old 05-21-2002, 04:54 PM
Banned

I am the owner of Formula113. I see we are having a little discussion here about the 113 and me.

Let me say this I went to 2 shows in the past 2 weeks, one in Wildwood,NJ the other in Ocean City,MD. I had to call home for another van full because I was running out.
I sold over a hundred cases of each
(113 & beadx,12 to a case)and a 100 gallons of beadx at the 2 shows.

The best of show winner was a black coast to coast, there was over 4000 cars at this show.
He has been using the 113 and beadx for 2 years now.

The guys from the zaino , ooops I mean Corvette Forum are just afraid I might upset there apple cart. Yes I have sent some disturbing e mails to some but only after being provoked. It got out of hand and is now over 3 years old and it getting a little boring.

If you believe what these"zaino dealers" are saying about the products then you are truley being foolish. If anyone would like to try the formula113 and beadx for FREE, no shipping charges, just e mail me and I will send the samples. The only thing zaino has over me is durability,THATS IT!!

It better last longer then most if you have to do all that work, or coats.

How many people let there cars go 3-4 months with out waxing/ polishing? I don't. just stretch those applications out a little. Use 113 once a month and beadx inbetween.

I will go heads up with any other products including the zaino, and put my money were my mouth is. I can't be beat.

Why don't you zaino dudes see if I can show up at the cruisein, in Kentucky. I will come with my vette, we can have a some fun. Lets see what the crowd thinks looks best.

Silicone has been in waxes for years, all off a sudden its no good, because of zaino?

And I have seen some posts that the body shop guys will not go near a car with zaino on it, because they can't paint over it.Makes sence right, you know it bonds to your car. But those negative post's on the CF always get deleted.

See you in Kentucky, Punks

[This message has been edited by MICHAEL PRISCO (edited May 21, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by MICHAEL PRISCO (edited May 21, 2002).]

Quick Reply: Formula 113 kicks arse!