Slomofo You Better Hope My Money Gets Here Fast

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 05:36 PM

yea this thread is gettign retarded and should be locked
Old 08-28-2003, 05:38 PM

I'm getting tired of this.

You're right. He's not entitled to a profit. End of story. He should be selfless and he should sell them for what he paid for them. He should end world hunger, war and famine...

Right, i grow roses out of my *** too...

I have to tell ya people, i get frustrated when I see people who can't grasp simple and basic concepts...

All he did was forward some parts. Although all you can see is the monitary value of the rims (what he paid vs. what he sold for) what about his time? What about the time he spent setting up the transaction and doing what needed to be done to get the rims shipped to the correct location?

If for nothing else is he not entitled to compensation for his time? He's really just providing a service. When you won't get off your lazy behind and check ebay he did it for you and charged you a little for his time. I still fail to see where the criminal activity lies?

This is it.. i've had enough.. And you wonder why i only have 150 posts in 4 years..

Alan
Old 08-28-2003, 05:48 PM
Banned

He got his money back today.

End of story.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:30 PM

This is wonderful....just great.I love how some of you guy preach about this guy and how great he is.Ya knowI read plenty of good feedback.That made my mind up.I'll give it a shot.He seemed fine but you don't know what people are doing.I knew something smelled abit about the whole thing.It really doesn't bother me that the car sits.Money is not the issue.I sold my wheels and tires to pay for the tires for the new wheels.My buddy wanted them and I let him have them.

Someone please show me where I called him a crook?

Or some other post I resorted to name calling?On either boards for that matter!

Here's the bottom line and it can't be denied.I bought and paid for goods and the buyer did not deliver as promised.What I did is what I did with my wheels.There is an underlying problem with this member and it needs to be dealt with.That's not my job.I just relayed what happened.

The Money is here and I will let this go.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:33 PM

This is like a damn soap opra...I just want to know one thing..

Slomofo are you Teal95Z ?

I have no idea who that is since i am new.but i just would like to know..

Thanks
Steve
Old 08-28-2003, 09:05 PM

Originally posted by xchief1320
This is like a damn soap opra...I just want to know one thing..

Slomofo are you Teal95Z ?

I have no idea who that is since i am new.but i just would like to know..

Thanks
Steve
if thats him and he was banned from this site why is he back on here selling stuff
Old 08-28-2003, 09:22 PM

And deleting his threads when get gets a post he doesn't like. Is that normal around here? Like something somebody on the up and up would do?
Old 08-28-2003, 10:26 PM

Um... juniors - I have a question. Do any of you that are posting have any idea how many LEGIT businesses DO NOT stock every part they sell?

Drop shipping occurs EVERY HOUR, EVERY DAY of the year. You see, economically, things are sold at wholesale to real businesses for resale as retail items. Some companies want to keep control over who is 'authorized' to sell their stuff, and limit this.

EXAMPLE
If I'm Brad's Speedshop, I might call up BBS and want to buy some wheels at wholesale prices to make $$ on retail sales.

BBS says I need to buy $10,000 worth of inventory to get the wholesale price. I don't have $10,000, OR the space to keep them if I did! SO, I pay BBS a little more per wheel than wholesale (sometimes called 'jobber' pricing'), BUT I order direct through them, to have them shipped to my customer. My guy gives me retail, I send BBS their cost and the order, and keep the profit.

And this is REAL business, not some internet 'scam'. It happens everyday.

Is it right? That's up to you to decide.

Have you ever been told that a part was 'in stock at our warehouse'? Did you ever wonder how 'Bob's Car Parts', working out of a strip mall could afford a warehouse? Guess what, they might not have one. The warehouse they're talking about belongs to the manufacturer, and they're drop shipping to you.

Regarding this issue - no money lost = no scam. If your problem is somebody selling something they don't have, well, you might want to just look and see how many of your perceived 'real' transactions are scams, you do it without even knowing it. Every day.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:39 PM

Exclamation

I thought for the longest time I'd stay out of this but what the heck...

Many of you are throwing in the word business around here. "A business does this..." "A business does that..."

So... Since SloMoFo did business here the way "real" businesses are doing, then he should be a supporting advertiser, not "an individual who acts like a business". Simple as that.

Peace!

TS
Old 08-28-2003, 11:00 PM

All you ****** tearing into SLOMOFO have some serious issues. I remember reading one of his posts for Z06 wheels and clearly read that they will be shipped directly from AFS. You guys really sound like a bunch of damn girls. The dude got his money back he apparently has a couple other cars to drive who gives a F***! end of story.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:08 PM

SloMofo

Shorgasm
Old 08-28-2003, 11:49 PM

OK.Do you want the legal end?

Slomofo is a Broker,no different from a real estate agent. He's selling things he doesn't own.
That makes him a business and he should have a Business License and State Sales Tax License in his state.
If he does then he's legal.Otherwise he can be in big trouble.
Since I'm the Director of License and Revenue for my city I'm obligated to turn him in and since I know tax people in his state it will be done Fri.
I'm not an *** but you flat can't sell something you don't own in the hope that you will get it.
He should not be allowed to list in the forum accept under business.
Sorry Man but that's the way it is.I have to solve these problems everyday.

John
Old 08-29-2003, 12:26 AM

Untrue Black Cloud. You should know (if you do this everyday), that volume needs to be accounted for.

I can list an item on e-Bay for a friend of mine, and take a cut for doing him that favor. Or a relative. Doesn't matter.

Ratios of income and expense are looked at. Is this the primary purpose of income? Is that how the person makes a living? How much $$ is involved?

you flat can't sell something you don't own in the hope that you will get it
See my earlier post - I'd guess at least HALF of everyday business, and a greater percentage of small business, is done like this every day. You should know that.

Last edited by bsim; 08-29-2003 at 12:43 AM.
Old 08-29-2003, 01:06 AM

Exactly...and they have the propper documentation to do so.

I don't think, however, that he is acting as an actual wholesaler. He is buying items off of ebay and turning around and selling them for a profit. He isn't exactly wholesaling them directly from the factory and being paid a commission.

From what I can tell, he bids and pays with the money he receives from the "board" members. I don't think it's scamming in anyway...just a little deceptive. I mean, I come here for deals. When I find a good deal on ebay, I post them here to let others in. It would be a different story if the items were in hand. But still I think it is wrong to do it to make money...yeah everyone says, "what's wrong with him making money". However, what if every paying advertiser came on here, not paying advertising fees and sold their products handfulls at a time? Most of the advertisers are "middle men", unless they manufacture they're own products...what are the differences? It is unfair to the board!

I was trying to sell people golf clubs on here, at cost, because my friend owns a golf shop and just put the offer on the table. That was shut down faster than a blink of an eye.

Bottom line, if you're going to market products to enthusiasts looking for an honest deal and are doing knowing that you are making money(even if you don't have the products), you should have to pay the fees to do it. For crying out loud, I was trying to offer non-camaro affiliated products at cost...$400 items for half. He could be a great guy and have tons of smooth transactions...but think if every "business" did it here?! That's just my .02.
JOHN
Old 08-29-2003, 01:08 AM

Originally posted by bsim
Untrue Black Cloud. You should know (if you do this everyday), that volume needs to be accounted for.

I can list an item on e-Bay for a friend of mine, and take a cut for doing him that favor. Or a relative. Doesn't matter.

Ratios of income and expense are looked at. Is this the primary purpose of income? Is that how the person makes a living? How much $$ is involved?

See my earlier post - I'd guess at least HALF of everyday business, and a greater percentage of small business, is done like this every day. You should know that.
WRONG!!!
Income for business purposes is figured from $0-whatever.Volume has absolutely nothing to do with the situation.
If you're selling an item you don't own then you are BROKER.It doesn't matter whether you sell one per year or 1 million.
If you want I have the sites and court cases to substantiate this and I'll be glad to send them to you.
Since this person is buying and reselling the same items on a repetative nature it does fly the red flag.
I've already caught over 500 Ebay sellers in Chas. doing the same thing.I realize this is probably a drop in the bucket but we keep at it.
At any rate this dude is way out of line and needs to be stopped.

John

Quick Reply: Slomofo You Better Hope My Money Gets Here Fast