Slomofo You Better Hope My Money Gets Here Fast

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 08:17 AM

I agree

If you don't have physical possesion of the item, you should be honest and state that fact. This way the buyer is aware of all the risks involved.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:22 AM

it was stated in all of the posts here... i dont feel like lookin for them.. but im sure you can do a search
Old 08-28-2003, 10:14 AM

I think one party did not use common sense in his purchase
while the other party is shady trying to make a buck.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:19 AM

Originally posted by ZDriver96
I think one party did not use common sense in his purchase
while the other party is shady trying to make a buck.
very shady if you ask me, he has posted all over diffrent sites selling those wheels, i was even tempted until i realized what he was doing

Last edited by chasmanz28; 08-28-2003 at 02:17 PM.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:35 AM

Originally posted by Shorgasm
Ya know what.Shame on me.I don't care if the car sits on blocks for 6 months.I have two others to drive.This cat sold wheels he didn't have!
If you have two other cars to drivethen whats the big f***in deal. You got your money back and buy a different set. I mean I felt bad for you at first cause I thought you had no way of getting around. But will it really kill you to wait a couple of days for a new set of wheels if you still have a way of getting around. Besides you sold the wheels too soon. That is your fault and no one elses. Ive made my fair share of dumb moves too, but I blame myself and dont go b*tchin at someone else who was involved b/c they ran into unforseen circumstances. So stop complaining and drive your damn other cars till you buy a new set. Jeez, your worse than a little girl whose parents wont buy her a candy bar. Get a life. You got your money back, ,buy a different set.
Old 08-28-2003, 12:35 PM

Why in the world are you even looking at what I did?
Because you're acting like a small child who lacks the basic ability to understand the difference between right and wrong as opposed to right and wrong for you. You're being both selfish and flat out foolish. I've noticed a very disturbing pattern with your posts here of attacking anyone who disagrees with you. These forums (and this post specifically) are not a place for personal attacks. It's a place for resolving a conflict in an adult mannor. If you can't be a big boy you need to go home.. maybe even take a nap...

This guys sold stuff he didn't have.I sent him the money and he didn't produce the goods.Nuff said!
After reading and re-reading this thread I fail to see the problem here. If they got lost in the mail or damaged in shipping would you blame him? The fact that he doesn't stock 15 sets of wheels in his living room is of little or no consequence. It seems SloMoFo did everything he could to make this right by you and nothing's good enough. For the hassle of what you're trying to do he SHOULD have kept your money.. at least then he'd have the satisfaction of being the shady individual you're making him out to be. Instead he both notified you of his being denied shipment of the product you purchased as well as returned your money immediately. If he gave you the run around and refused to reply to your contact attempts i'd agree with you. So far it seems SloMoFo has been a stand up guy. All you're trying to do is hide the shame and embarassment you feel for being so foolish as to sell your wheels and relegate your car to paperweight duty while you waited for the new rims. The other 4 or 5 wheel deals he had as well as the dozens of other things he's sold have no bearing as to what kind of guy he is? Thank you, sir, drive through...

And for the record one more time.I found out about his method after I sent the money.I mean literally a matter of hours after.
Again, moot point. All you're doing is repeating the same sentence over and over again. Why don't you just move on? He sent you your money back what more do you want? Go buy a set of wheels from AFS and quit your cryin'.

Also, what exactly is so "shady" about what he's doing?

I appaud him for his figuring out a way to make a couple of bucks on the side. I'm only sorry i didn't think of it first. I fail to see why AFS is even doing this? If the don't like someone buying their products cheap and making a few bucks then they need to STOP the no reserve auction. He's broken NONE of the rules of Ebay and he beat them at their own game... Bravo SloMoFo.. bravo.

Do you wanna be the next person he gets money from and doesn't have what he says he does?
Sure, if it means when he finds out he can't deliver he sends me my money back and apologizes like he did with you. Seems like someone i'd do business with, sure.

Just my .50 cents...

Alan

Last edited by NewZ; 08-28-2003 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:00 PM

Originally posted by SloMofo
I just got a few sets of Z06 wheels. That is all. Not like I am constantly getting in new parts and reselling them
B U L L S H I T

You've been buying wheels off ebay and selling them here for a profit for months. I've posted in your threads here and at LS1tech and you just delete the posts and say "if you don't want to buy them, don't reply".

This messageboard is about helping fellow f-body owers, not using them to make a profit for yourself.

If this was my board you would be banned
Old 08-28-2003, 02:08 PM

He's been selling LS1 brake upgrades here too. I once pointed out in one of his threads that they could be found cheaper than 250 FIRM on ebay and he deleted the thread and sent me a PM telling me to 'think before I post' and then reposted the thread.

I -was- thinking! Thinking that price was too high and wanted to save somebody else some dough (thats what we all want right - to help each other save $$$).
Old 08-28-2003, 02:12 PM

Originally posted by coolgenner
He's been selling LS1 brake upgrades here too. I once pointed out in one of his threads that they could be found cheaper than 250 FIRM on ebay and he deleted the thread and sent me a PM telling me to 'think before I post' and then reposted the thread.

I -was- thinking! Thinking that price was too high and wanted to save somebody else some dough (thats what we all want right - to help each other save $$$).
i doubt anyone will be buying anymore stuff off this guy, he got busted big time
Old 08-28-2003, 02:13 PM

caveat emptor applies here then..
Old 08-28-2003, 02:27 PM

I can see that your upset, but as the point has been made many times. You sold you wheels without having the others in hand..thats your fault.

What SloMofo is doing in the case of board rules could go either way, the moderators can make this decision. But in the case of him selling products he doesn't actually have is doing no wrong IMO. Almost everyplace you buy anything, online especially, is being drop shipped to you buy the manufactuer.
Example: you order a set of SLP SS wheels from lets say Tbyrne.com.( no specific reference here just an example) They are taking the order/the money and then placing the order with SLP for your wheels. In turn they don't touch the product, don't deal with shipping, and make a few bucks in the process.

This not only goes for car parts but a lot of other products too.

As said before if it is conforming with the rules of this board..I'm not to judge, but in SloMofo posts here he has stated the situation and if you decide to purchase from him so be it, you deal with the consequences of saving some $$.

Seems to me he is being honest and sending your money back promptly...
AFS sells them everyday, order you a set and quit trying to put his name in the mud.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:29 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Brady_96Z
B U L L S H I T

You've been buying wheels off ebay and selling them here for a profit for months. I've posted in your threads here and at LS1tech and you just delete the posts and say "if you don't want to buy them, don't reply".

This messageboard is about helping fellow f-body owers, not using them to make a profit for yourself.
I've been trying to just let this go, but some of you are way out of line and just plain misinformed.

It's called free enterprise.
I won ebay auctions and then got the money from board members then sent the money to AFS. they then shipped the wheels. Plenty of people have bought sets off me and were pleased. Each and every one of you have access to ebay. I forced no one to buy from. I simply posted them for sale. If you can't see that then I'm sorry about your vision problems.

Also another member has already stated this, but I'll reiterate it. We were speaking via PMs on ls1tech.com You posted this same bs thread over there. It should've been left on the board it was done on.

Last edited by SloMofo; 08-28-2003 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:34 PM

My vision is fine, and I see an *******. You want to buy and sell? Pay the advertising fees, and let everyone know you are doing it for a profit.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:41 PM

FWIW, I dealt with SloMoFo earlier in the year and had no problems. I didn't read all of the posts regarding this issue, but, I personally did not have 1 problem with him.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:42 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Brady_96Z
My vision is fine, and I see an *******. You want to buy and sell? Pay the advertising fees, and let everyone know you are doing it for a profit.
You're still not seeing the facts. I'm not a business. I sold a few sets of wheels. It's not like I have 30 sets for sale

Take guys like Viper for example. This is not a shot at you Viper as I have nothing against you. I'm just trying to prove my point. They constantly have parts on the boards for sale. They're not paying advertisers. What's the deal there? Same difference. The only reason you're all flipping out here is because this guy that started the thread has blown everything way out of proportin and imbelished. Also made up a couple things.

Bottom line is I sent this guy his money back. No harm no foul. It's his and only his fault for prematurely selling his old wheels.

There's no scams or any bullsh!t of that nature.

I will gladly provide email address of people I've sold things to on this board. Also, do a search for my user name in this forum. You'll find a few threads praising me started by people who have bought from me.

Shorgasm, take your ball and go home.

Quick Reply: Slomofo You Better Hope My Money Gets Here Fast