New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

So, I picked up an LT1 and .......

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 12:24 AM

So, I picked up an LT1 and .......

Hi all! Well I'm jumping back in the game when time affords. Back in the day I had a 68 El Camino and had fun with a carb'd machine. There were many other fun toys but that one I miss. Now I bought a '94Z that is need of some help but has had a few goodies built in from previous owners. I hope to have some serious stress relief when I rip on that 6 speed handle! I've been researching where I'm going to go with this car and what has been done to it thus far. That's how I found this forum. I look around a bit and see if there is a spot for my car info.

Mark
Old 05-25-2019, 01:44 AM

Re: So, I picked up an LT1 and .......

This 94 Z28 is a 6 speed
BMR K member
rebuilt transmission
Detroit true trac 3:42 gear
Bilstien shocks, lowered 2 inches
LE2 package performance heads with CC cam
heads flow 273/191 at .6
10.5 or 6 compression ratio
flat top pistons
Tick performance clutch master cylinder
new slave cylinder
rear end girdle
BMR panhard bar
36# injectors at 43 psi
long tubes and Borla exhaust with X pipe. Don't know yet if the cats are there or not.
Stage 3 Competition clutch

I have a new MSD distributor coming to replace the opti. along with NGK T55 iridium plugs and MSD 8.5 wires. The opti has problems and as long as I'm doing I'm going from one end to the other. The MSD seems to have it figured out with the venting part of it. I'm also installing a new high flow water pump where I will add a drain tube to the weep hole and route a tube away from the distributor. The TB has silicon around the TPS, Don't know what size it is but I ordered a new BBK 52mm and new sensor. Also going to change both O2 sensors. And sense the coolant is out it will get a new 160 degree high flow T-stadt. The ram air filter and plumbing is pretty rough so I ordered a new assembly. While this is being done the PCM will go to PCM fo less. Other than that the interior is pretty rough and the car needs some TLC from front to back. Also really need to figure out how to get a front license plate on the car for my State.

Mark

Last edited by TheRail; 05-25-2019 at 01:46 AM.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Welcome to CamaroZ28.com ! ! !

Seems like the LT1 engine is what brings most new members these days. We're here to help. Unfortunately, not everyone agrees the MSD Opti is the best choice. Vented cap/rotor (only) is a good replacement for an unvented 94, though. You may also want to reconsider your choice of pcmforless.... from my understanding, Bryan no longer does their mail-order tunes.

Good idea to add a “signature” so basic info about your car is attached to every post.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/lt1...nature-879835/
Old 05-26-2019, 07:47 AM

I like the valve covers. Looks like a car you could have fun it.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:04 PM

Mark,

I know you said you picked up a new ram air set up. Interested in selling the old one? PM me