N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

NOS remote bottle opener owners come in

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 08:52 PM

NOS remote bottle opener owners come in

well i went to open my bottle with the remote opener and all it did was make this litttle click noise (very quiet) and didnt open. checked all the connections and it all was fine. this opener has only be on for about a month now. anybody have any ideas on what would make the solenoid fail? im going to call Holley tommarow to get some tech help. thanks
Old 07-22-2004, 10:53 PM

Re: NOS remote bottle opener owners come in

Not to make you feel stupid or anything, but are you sure the bottle is open?

Usually when the solenoid clicks, it is working properly, unless it's stuck maybe.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by a walker
Not to make you feel stupid or anything, but are you sure the bottle is open?

Usually when the solenoid clicks, it is working properly, unless it's stuck maybe.

its alright , i thought the same thing b/c i left the bottle open for a while 2 hours maybe, and when i went to open it nothing happened and i thought i had a bad leak and my bottle went empty so i started to undo the bottle nut and n2o started hissing out at a crazy rate. so i closed the bottle took off the opener and put my 8an to 4 an original nut on the bottle and my gaugethen the feed line. then opened the bottle and it read 900 psi. then w/ the opener off the bottle i opened it and shot air through it and nothing got through. the noid might be stuck it doesnt really click though (like a purge noid) it kind of humms for a sec (car noises are hard to type!) i called holley and they said that right away take it back to the place you bought it and they will replace it. so i think im going to go that route or get a dynotune.org opener.

thanks for the help
Old 07-23-2004, 01:17 PM
Administrator

The inlet and outlet connections for the NOS remote bottle opener are marked "A" and "B" or "I" and "O" or something like that.... can't remember which is which.... but if you put the valve in backwards, it won't flow when it opens.

Is it possible that is the problem?
Old 07-23-2004, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
The inlet and outlet connections for the NOS remote bottle opener are marked "A" and "B" or "I" and "O" or something like that.... can't remember which is which.... but if you put the valve in backwards, it won't flow when it opens.

Is it possible that is the problem?
Nope b/c one end is fitted with different sized threads than the other, one is bigger threads for the bottle nut adapter and the other on is for the pipe fitting for the 4 an feed line.

thanks