Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

Anybody have a hoist i can use / rent... (please..)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 03:12 PM

Anybody have a hoist i can use / rent... (please..)

I've been trying to scuff the undercarraige of my car for like two months, ive had the items to do it on my counter for one month, im sick of family members / friends ****ing me over and not letting me use there garages, or there "Hook-ups" suddenly evaporate on the day of...

Im willing to pay, i need an Electrical outlet near and thats about it.

I estimate it will take me two hours.

Please let me know.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:06 PM

I have a garage you can use, but no lift.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by exgmguy
I have a garage you can use, but no lift.
I'll keep that in mind brother, Wouldnt mind seeing a purple 93 up close and personal
Old 08-13-2007, 12:58 PM

what exactly are you planing on doin? you could use my hoist, but Im not sure when I'll be home at this time, and sounds like your goin to be making a mess too. are you scraping off undercoating and oil and stuff? sanding down surface rust? if you do come over for that sorta stuff, you gotta bring some sheet plastic to put down. enough to cover john's firebird, and my floor under the car. my floor aint perfect or anything, but I dont need new stains. Im sure you understand. and I dont want johns car covered in anything either. lol.
Im near M59 (highland road) and airport road in waterford. like I said though, not sure when I'll be home. got a bday party to go to tonight and friday night, sat. I'll be at woodward if I have any freetime, and most of sunday Im always gone. sun. early might be possible, or sometime late afternoon sat. possibly IF I get to go to woodward earlier. the following weekend I might have johns car on the lift for a long time. so maybe some night this week besides today and fri. just hard for me to tell you ahead of time when I'll have time, or will be home. no money, but you gotta clean up afteryourself. got drop lights, plugs, air compressor, air drills, and a hoist.
chris
Old 08-13-2007, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by IrocSS85
....no money, but tips are graciously accepted and you gotta clean up afteryourself. got drop lights, plugs, air compressor, air drills, and a hoist.
chris
Fixed for ya... BTW, I owe you a couple of beers the next time MM hits B-dubs. Hopefully, we'll get back on the west side in Novi again soon.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:13 PM

what exactly are you planing on doin? you could use my hoist, but Im not sure when I'll be home at this time, and sounds like your goin to be making a mess too. are you scraping off undercoating and oil and stuff? sanding down surface rust? if you do come over for that sorta stuff, you gotta bring some sheet plastic to put down. enough to cover john's firebird, and my floor under the car. my floor aint perfect or anything, but I dont need new stains. Im sure you understand. and I dont want johns car covered in anything either. lol.
Im near M59 (highland road) and airport road in waterford. like I said though, not sure when I'll be home. got a bday party to go to tonight and friday night, sat. I'll be at woodward if I have any freetime, and most of sunday Im always gone. sun. early might be possible, or sometime late afternoon sat. possibly IF I get to go to woodward earlier. the following weekend I might have johns car on the lift for a long time. so maybe some night this week besides today and fri. just hard for me to tell you ahead of time when I'll have time, or will be home. no money, but you gotta clean up afteryourself. got drop lights, plugs, air compressor, air drills, and a hoist.
chris

Grinding the rust COMPLETELY off my underbody, probally 45 minutes of work. Zincing it, + 15 - 20 Minutes, then two coating it with POR15, so it will be a bit of a mess.. I think i got a hoist from someone on MM, but if not ill let you know, i wouldnt mind seeing that ol blue bastard anyway!

Ill call ya son!
Old 08-13-2007, 08:04 PM

I'll be at woodward if I have any freetime, chris
Somewhat off topic, but Woodward was loaded with people and cars on Saturday night I had my Camaro down there with a buddy riding shotgun. I ate a lot of Pony's that evening
Old 08-13-2007, 09:14 PM

thats fine, like I said, you'll need to bring some large plastic sheets. but, I dont think you really understand how long that stuff takes to do. I did that to my car when I had the eng./trans out and its very time consuming. actually same process. also you need to let the zinc sit overnight to fully cure before you can topcoat it with the por15 I believe. what do you plan on grinding with?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:28 PM

thats fine, like I said, you'll need to bring some large plastic sheets. but, I dont think you really understand how long that stuff takes to do. I did that to my car when I had the eng./trans out and its very time consuming. actually same process. also you need to let the zinc sit overnight to fully cure before you can topcoat it with the por15 I believe. what do you plan on grinding with?
I have Heavy wire wheel / Low wire wheel / Dremel heavy / Dremel Light, but i think im gonna get a straight angle grinder wheel, i think it will take it down to steel real quick like.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:15 AM

im gonna agree with chris on this, its a LOT more time consuming than you think. I started mine last winter and decided to save it for later

john's firebird
well apparently ive been to your house before. (helped john work on his car). nice garage setup!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by JoeliusZ28
im gonna agree with chris on this, its a LOT more time consuming than you think. I started mine last winter and decided to save it for later

well apparently ive been to your house before. (helped john work on his car). nice garage setup!
gotta dedicate yourself, nothing worth having is free or easy.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by JoeliusZ28
nice garage setup!
thanks. it could always be bigger........

chris
Old 08-14-2007, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by FutureZMan
gotta dedicate yourself, nothing worth having is free or easy.
the reason for my lack of motivation at the time was that i had just done my fullsize truck the day before