LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

? on Record RWHP on a stock bottom LT1 N/A, Hows 452!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 06:46 PM

Originally posted by SkarodoM
LOL

Well yeah it's corrected.. but to what is the question.

Certainly doable, 525hp from 350cid should happen more often IMO. As far as the dyno itself though, im sure it's low just like everyone's flowbench =P. Why not head over to Woodbridge Dynotech & put it on their dynojet? Christian may get you on it for next to nothing if you ask nice .
Resistance is futile!

Some people just have to see it to believe it and that's okay.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:47 PM

Originally posted by 97 WS6 T/A Conv
You guys asking about the 114 MPH trap. While you're asking how about asking what those other cars weight?
People here have gotten over 114 and been told its slow, I assume you would not agree with that. I'm talking stock bottom people as well Even if we removed 700 pounds from your car, it would not make you all that much faster.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:49 PM

Originally posted by Mindgame
Dude, you misread into what I said. Don't worry, happens alot around here.

What I'm trying to say is this.... there are people on this board who have praised their own efforts and efforts of those they deem to be "Gods". I personally will give praise anywhere I believe it's due, regardless of the person. It will be interesting to see if those same people will do the same. Then we have this, "Seen it, done it" crowd. Overall this board is one of the worst I've been to as far as attitudes go.... maybe it's an f-body thing but the guys who claim to be the "big guys" around here are not much on praising the efforts of others..... sad to say.

And yes, I know well who Joe is. There was a little fast n/a discussion here a short while back where Joe gave us some details on his combination. He seemed like a very cool guy to me and someone I wouldn't have a problem doing business with at all. I also know quite a few very fast racers outside the f-body circle as I've been at this for some time. Most are very cool guys as well.

Congrats and good luck.

-Mindgame
I know man I took you the wrong way. Quickshot is on the phone and told me I took it wrong so I tried to delete it before you saw it!

My apologies man!
Old 07-07-2003, 06:49 PM

What I'm trying to say is this.... there are people on this board who have praised their own efforts and efforts of those they deem to be "Gods". I personally will give praise anywhere I believe it's due, regardless of the person. It will be interesting to see if those same people will do the same. Then we have this, "Seen it, done it" crowd. Overall this board is one of the worst I've been to as far as attitudes go.... maybe it's an f-body thing but the guys who claim to be the "big guys" around here are not much on praising the efforts of others..... sad to say.

Couldn't agree more.

Once again, great numbers!

Old 07-07-2003, 06:51 PM
Ai

Resistance is futile!

Some people just have to see it to believe it and that's okay.
Noone is refusing to believe anything.. like I said, 525hp from 350cid should happen alot more often. It doesnt b/c of the hacks catering to the street people IMO.

You apparently don't get what I'm asking, I was just curious if the #'s were STD corrected, or SAE, as there's a differrence .

Either way, I think its impressive for sure, but if you want to REALLY impress everyone, strap that foolish thing onto a 248c so everyone has comparable numbers. If this off-brand dyno is "low" like everyone says their stuff is, then I don't see why there'd be any apprehension since you'd come back with even better #'s

Good luck with the rest of it
Old 07-07-2003, 06:53 PM

Originally posted by Dr.Mudge
Stock tune, 400 RWHP but shows less than a DynoJet? I'd have to see that to believe it. What kind of injectors?
SVO 30#'s Doc.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:54 PM

The big question for me is the dyno company I never heard of about until today, has an incomplete website but says that everyone should be like them, yada yada. Like comparing a Mustang dyno to a DynoJet, its hard to know how to compare when nobody has heard of the thing. I tried looking for tech data and half thier site is incomplete.

They are a new company in the area. A few have already compared #s on the same cars with the dynojet in the area. The DJ has been showing a little more power.

I saw an 03 cobra put down about 360 on this dyno last week. I have been watching alot of the tech about heads and cams. Most of you guys are on the wrong track. That doesn't hurt my feelings.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:54 PM

Stock tune, 400 RWHP but shows less than a DynoJet? I'd have to see that to believe it. What kind of injectors?
Not quite stock Doc, just some slight tweaking to start.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:57 PM

Not quite stock Doc, just some slight tweaking to start.
I thought he was talking about my car Gary, sorry.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:59 PM

No sweat.

A little misunderstanding is to be expected from time to time. Now get that thing on a Dynojet cause you know this will never end til you do.

Good luck.

-Mindgame
Old 07-07-2003, 07:00 PM

Originally posted by Quickshotkimber
He may have been but figured they'd want mine too.
Old 07-07-2003, 07:02 PM

Originally posted by Quickshotkimber
You guys are confusing me Someone said stock tune as I recall on page one. We have so far one for SVO 30# and one for Holley... Some people still tune by MAF when they swap injectors, seems kind of backwoods but it works for the most part. Thankfully PCM editing is easy for us.
Old 07-07-2003, 07:04 PM

No sweat.

A little misunderstanding is to be expected from time to time. Now get that thing on a Dynojet cause you know this will never end til you do.

Good luck.

-Mindgame
Cool

I hear ya there about the DJ.

The sad thing is I may have started with DJ but wanted to go with the same dyno James did just to keep things equal. He mentioned before I ran the first run that the DJ was running a little higher on the #s and that info came from the Mustang crowd around here.
Old 07-07-2003, 07:07 PM

James thanks for helping me in here. I know Joe was reading but I'm sure he wants to keep his PM box useful and not filled up all the time.
Old 07-07-2003, 07:07 PM

You guys are confusing me Someone said stock tune as I recall on page one. We have so far one for SVO 30# and one for Holley... Some people still tune by MAF when they swap injectors, seems kind of backwoods but it works for the most part. Thankfully PCM editing is easy for us.
I guess I should clarify, I simply set the injector constant to 30lbs with LT1 edit and didn't touch anything else. I put down 399.1 with the car just like that. That was with an a4 with a vig 3600 with no other adjustments made. Gary has a slightly more radical cam and a great set of heads.

Quick Reply: ? on Record RWHP on a stock bottom LT1 N/A, Hows 452!