LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 01:33 AM

Exclamation Problem

Hey guys,

I just got home from having my car towed to the shop and im trying to figure out what happened to it. Here's the deal...

I was driving home running on E (not the smartest thing already), and i was going up a hill near my house when the car started to spurt and sputter at me. So i decided to turn around and see if i could coast down the hill and make it to the nearest gas station, which is a couple miles away, thinking that it was just the way the gas was arranged in the tank on the hill and that id have more driving time when i got to flat ground. However once i hit flat ground and tried to give it some throttle to get it going a little faster and pull away from a stop sign, it began to increasingly sputter. I wasnt really thinking and i countinued to drive it. Then not too long later, mabye 1/4 mile or so if that, the service engine soon light started flashing (i thought that it was just due to the low gas) and i kept driving. I then hit a slight incline and the car sputtered the i tried to accelerate up it and it then popped out of 3rd gear, the service engine soon light became constant, the check gagues light turned on, and the ABS light even started to flash for a bit and the car stalled and i just let it roll to the shoulder of the road.

I then got a gallon of gas and tried to restart it, the engine started to turn over on the first few tries, however it then stopped and simply would not turn over no matter how much i would pump the gas afterwards. So then i called AAA, they brought some more gas and put 2 more gallons in, and then tried to restart it and (by then 45-50 min have past and i was sitting in my car listening to music this whole time) the battery was dead. So, they bust out the jumper cables and try to jump it, still nothing.

Currently we stand as my car is sitting in the parking lot back behind my shop. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong? Thanks to all in advance
Old 11-02-2004, 04:02 AM

Re: Problem

You have a dead battery and a fuel pump.