Old 07-26-2004, 10:52 PM
96z

Re: My New BRE ProRam

Old 07-26-2004, 10:53 PM

Very nice
-355 or 383
-where did you get the v-covers
-what kind of numbers are you looking to put down.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:03 PM
Advanced Tech Moderator

Originally Posted by Schurters LT1
Very nice
-355 or 383
-where did you get the v-covers
-what kind of numbers are you looking to put down.
-Neither, stock bottom end with LJs old insane heads
-Those are just a set of valve covers Bret had at his shop, I have Lt4 composites and mba trim kit.
-I have high hopes... that's all i'm saying.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:04 PM
Advanced Tech Moderator

Originally Posted by simple
the bell tolls thats pretty
how much larger is that then stock or LT4 volume wise?
able to retain stock throttle and cruise cables?
is it completely custom or does it use an LTx lower half?

looks awesome great work Bret hope to see before and after numbers
I'll let Bret answer those.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:06 PM

Kmook what are you putting down currently or atleast before the intake swap and what all besides the intake is being changed?

SStrokerAce- I understand its a lot of work to make, but are you planning on making a bunch or just a few here and there... or has that really been worked out yet?

Last edited by lt4 fd; 07-26-2004 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:15 PM
Banned

Ken's Motor is a stock bottom, ported LT1 castings flow an honest 275cfm @ .500 and up, HR custom cam, good valvetrain etc...

I'm going pull a John Lingenfelter here and just say it will make more than 400rwhp. Ken has bolt on's right now and this is a complete top end package. Stock heads, intake, cam vs. this new setup. Basically this should compare to a heads, cam package normally. So if 400-420rwhp is good for heads/cam we should be north of that number.

The intake is not based of a LT1/4 casting at all.

The intake will bolt on with the stock cables and cruise, blus has 4 vacuum ports out of it and a stock PCV.

The volume of the pleanum which was not a huge concern is about a 12 pack worth of beer.

Back to work....

Bret
Old 07-26-2004, 11:21 PM

So whats one a them gonna cost? I think one would look awful nice under my hood once I save up more modding money again .

Gotta get some official dyno results of the gains on cammed cars, and jsut bolt on cars. I think alot of people from the board would be interested in this seeings how there is basically no aftermarket intakes for LT1's that are worth the money.

I jsut glanced at the picture briefly for now ( At a friends house ) BUT ... Does that thing have provisions for EGR?

Would the heads need to be ported to match that intake ( I'd assume it will but I could be totally wrong ... )
Old 07-26-2004, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce

Back to work....

Bret

its midnight lol take a break
Old 07-27-2004, 12:43 AM

Excellent work - quick little question, the fuel lines feeding and returning from this intake - what size are those? i assume this is ideal for braided lines, etc? aeromotive has some products that were tested in the latest gmhightechperformance mag and it also outlines how to switch from the stock series fuel rails to a custom parellel setup, which would probably work well with this intake?
Old 07-27-2004, 12:58 AM

Looks good, great work Bret.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HardcoreRM125
So whats one a them gonna cost? I think one would look awful nice under my hood once I save up more modding money again .
Between $2,200 and $3,000. Don't know about the demand and have to build another one (which I have two to do) to get some more numbers on actual time spent and get some better numbers on the parts cost.

Basically it was much more work than I thought it would be, but I had certain criteria that had to be met and I didn't want to go 100% sheetmetal with it.

Gotta get some official dyno results of the gains on cammed cars, and jsut bolt on cars. I think alot of people from the board would be interested in this seeings how there is basically no aftermarket intakes for LT1's that are worth the money.
Right now it's going on Ken's Stock Bottom Head Cam motor, then a LT4 head 383 (maybe SR or HR), and then probably a HR 396. It's ment to go with at least ported heads and cam.

I jsut glanced at the picture briefly for now ( At a friends house ) BUT ... Does that thing have provisions for EGR?
Nope, I don't do emissions.

Would the heads need to be ported to match that intake ( I'd assume it will but I could be totally wrong ... )
This setups lines up with most ported LT1 heads, we are working on TFS, LT4 and AFR's not going to do any for 15, 18 or RR heads.

Originally Posted by SLeePer350
Excellent work - quick little question, the fuel lines feeding and returning from this intake - what size are those? i assume this is ideal for braided lines, etc? aeromotive has some products that were tested in the latest gmhightechperformance mag and it also outlines how to switch from the stock series fuel rails to a custom parellel setup, which would probably work well with this intake?
It's basically setup for a 6AN braided line setup as of now. There is no fitting that will work with the stock fuel lines (feed and return) and bolt up to 6AN fuel rails. We might make some on the CNC machines so you can do that, but a braided or low cost line like a Super Stock hose from Earl's will be the way to go really.

It also has a FPR on it, this one is adjustable on Ken's but it doesn't need to be.

Bret
Old 07-27-2004, 01:27 AM

Glad I could help ya Ken.

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
This setups lines up with most ported LT1 heads, we are working on TFS, LT4 and AFR's not going to do any for 15, 18 or RR heads.
Unless a man undertakes more than he possibly can do, he will never do all that he can. -Henry Drummond

C'mon now Bret... you know the 15/18º thing would be a huge hit. Look at all these people posting about doing it.......

Scratch that..... look at all the people who've actually done it!

Maybe not such a great idea after all.

-Mindgame

Quick Reply: My New BRE ProRam