LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

a lot of parts what order what YOU put them on in

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 03:49 PM

Question a lot of parts what order what YOU put them on in

hello all, i am finally returning from iraq. and it is time to start bolting on all the goodies that i have purchased since i have been here. first off let me give you the stats. all of these parts are going on a 97 Z28 with about 75,000 miles. what i need to know is what order should i put all of these parts on to get it done in the shortest amount of time.(this is not my daily driver but i am still itching to drive this car. it has been a damn year). and also if any one is around the seattle area with some knowledge on how to put this stuff on. i would really appreaciate some help. i have a garage and plenty of tools and beer. i also would give anyone who helps me any parts that come of the car which would include(as far as aftermarket anyways) an lg motorsports torque arm. so here is my parts list. tell me which order i should put it all on in. and i am going to list everything that i have. to the smallest detail.

all emblems replaced with 69 Z28
high flow cats
air bag for back right tire
solid engine mount
wings west complete body kit
gmmg exhaust
hooker long tubes
hooker off road Y pipe
rg joint eliminator
lt4 knock module
outer tie rod ends
ss spoiler
upper ball joints
dg motorsports front facia
delteq iginition
front clear side markers
vortech elbow
slp cai
dms motorsports springs
sam's front sway bar
rear sway bar
koni shocks
moser rear end
baer brakes
stainless steel brake lines
denny's drive shaft
egr block off plates
line lock
melling hv oil pump(still got get the pick up)
nitrous kit
le2 cam and header set up from lloyd(and all the supporting stuff
42 lb injectors
58 mm throttle body(asm)
comp r lifters
255 lh racetronix fuel pump
electronic water pump
and last but not least the obd 1 conversion
95 crank hub to use with my cloyes timing chain.
ss hood

ok i think that about covers it. pretty much my entire suspension, drivetrain(besides tranny), and exhaust. is being replace along with heads, cam and nitrous and all the top of the line parts to go with those. i have spared no expense so far. all i need know is a plan and maybe a few buddies to help me bolt all of this stuff on. also i dont know anyone in the seattle area. i went to iraq just three weeks after moving here. so i didnt really get a chance to meet anyone. thanks for all the help in advance and sorry about the long post. and ohh by the way i should be starting all of this around the end of oct early nov when i get back home.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:09 PM

Re: a lot of parts what order what YOU put them on in

Might as well just tear the whole car down, then start putting it back together using all the new goodies.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:17 PM

I am thinking you are going to pull the engine out right? If you do then obviously do the things to the engine when it is out. Do the little things inside the engine bay that you want to do like mounts and stuff. Then just engine back in, do the exhaust or suspension stuff next then finish up with the body work. That is how I would do it not getting into detail. Your car is going to be running nice when you get everything done. Good luck man.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:59 AM

yeah i was thinking the same think about pulling the engine. i am thinking about dropping it from the bottom. and ohh there were a few things i forgot to put on the list.
and thanks for the good wishes. i think with all of the parts that i have to bolt on. i need all the luck i can get becasue something is bound to go wrong. seems like it always does. one more thing is there anyone in the seattle area that can help me with bolting all of this stuff on. and does anyone have a guide about dropping the engine from the bottom. that would make it super easy. becasue most of my suspension stuff would be right there. and oh thanks for all the help so far guys. and here are the other parts i forgot to add.

k member
upper A arms
lower A arms
Old 10-08-2004, 07:11 AM
Administrator

Check Maldo's pages for some info on removing the engine from the bottom:

http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/memberpage/348183/6
Old 10-09-2004, 08:16 AM

thanks injuneer, would you know of a site with a little bit more detail than that. and is there anyone in the seattle area willing to help me out. this is a lot of work to do on my own.