LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 02:53 PM

Re: Help!!

Well since my shop is full and it's been below 25 degrees here lately I haven't been able to crawl under the car I asked the guy that I got the car from and installed the headers about the o2 sensor situation and he said that they are still in the full exhaust he pulled out of the car because he never got around to putting them in the headers he just unplugged them so I'm gonna grab the sensors and I think a lot if my problems will fix their selves 😂
Old 01-11-2017, 11:42 AM

I'll be installing the o2 sensors this weekend and i was wondering if i will need extension wires for them since the headers are farther back than the manifolds
Old 01-11-2017, 12:23 PM

Not trying to be a smart a**, but wouldn't it be fairly obvious when you try to make the connection ? Or are you just not at your car, and trying to figure it out before you get there ?
Old 01-11-2017, 12:27 PM
Administrator

I didn't notice a specific brand of headers mentioned, maybe I missed it. But in general, most long tubes require extensions for the O2 sensor harnesses, particularly on the driver side.

From Shoebox's labeled photo of a 95 wiring harness, you can see roughly where the sensor connectors are. "LH" is driver side, "RH" is passenger side. In the stock setup, the driver side O2 is screwed into the base of the exhaust manifold. On the passenger side, the O2 bung is on the Y-pipe, between the exhaust manifold and the "Y" merge.

1995 Z28 A4 Engine Harness
Old 01-11-2017, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by DanPlaysZ28
I'll be installing the o2 sensors this weekend and i was wondering if i will need extension wires for them since the headers are farther back than the manifolds
you likely will, as noted

get them here

O2 Sensor | Innovative Wiring LLC
Old 01-12-2017, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by gaedbo
Not trying to be a smart a**, but wouldn't it be fairly obvious when you try to make the connection ? Or are you just not at your car, and trying to figure it out before you get there ?
Yeah my shop is about 10 miles from my house and its opposite direction to and from work so i was just trying to get it figured out before i head to the shop this weekend, i havent been under the car in about 2 weeks so i was just trying to get all my stuff together so i dont make a bunch of useless trips
Old 01-12-2017, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
I didn't notice a specific brand of headers mentioned, maybe I missed it. But in general, most long tubes require extensions for the O2 sensor harnesses, particularly on the driver side.

From Shoebox's labeled photo of a 95 wiring harness, you can see roughly where the sensor connectors are. "LH" is driver side, "RH" is passenger side. In the stock setup, the driver side O2 is screwed into the base of the exhaust manifold. On the passenger side, the O2 bung is on the Y-pipe, between the exhaust manifold and the "Y" merge.

1995 Z28 A4 Engine Harness
sorry i guess i should have noted that in my Sig. they are just cheapo Pacesetters thanks for the link