LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

God i hate my car so much.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 06:54 PM

Your tranny noise is NORMAL.... Thre rattle you hear is you Imputshaft bearing and the set of planitary gears it turns in the tranny.. It is not you pilot bearing or your throwout bearring going bad. Just installed a Mcleod clutch and SLP pressure plate with new TO berrring and pilot bearring...Still noisey as ever...

You car is perfectly normal for a M6 f body.. Get used to it or buy a A4 car or a Mustang
Old 06-12-2003, 07:13 PM

Re: God i hate my car so much.

Originally posted by drewstealth
It seems every time i hit a bump i can hear the back end rattle around or something. I'm thinking its just my exhaust system hitting the car but i don't know.
I bet it's probably just your jack!
Old 06-12-2003, 07:21 PM

Talk about banging. My first drive in Manhattan on those crappy roads and I have this enormous banging coming from the back. Was SURE the shock had come loose. I finally found a place to pull over and was panicking cuz I was brand new in NY. I pulled the spare cover off and the jack handle had broken loose from the holder and was banging on the car and against the spare. WHEW!
Old 06-12-2003, 08:59 PM

K, well thanks for your responses. I will look into the energy suspension kit. Maybe i need a new tranny mount since my shifter moves alot. I'll get the poly one. I'll check in the back to see if my jack is loose in the back. I'll let you know if that help the problem. Also you say the wheel hop is normal? If not what do you think would help it better lca's or sfc's?
Old 06-13-2003, 12:31 AM

Well you were right the screw part that keeps the spare tight was very loose. That was the noise in the back. It sounds better now. But i just noticed tonight that the wheel hop feeling also happens in reverse. I was backing into a parking spot tonight and i felt it bad. I don't know what it could be. Because i don't think it would be my lca's or sfc or even my shocks just going that low of speed backwards.
Old 06-13-2003, 05:42 AM

Originally posted by drewstealth
Well you were right the screw part that keeps the spare tight was very loose. That was the noise in the back. It sounds better now. But i just noticed tonight that the wheel hop feeling also happens in reverse. I was backing into a parking spot tonight and i felt it bad. I don't know what it could be. Because i don't think it would be my lca's or sfc or even my shocks just going that low of speed backwards.
My 94 does the same wheel hopping thing and my tranny makes the same noise e.t.c e.t.c but it has been doing it for 20,000 miles and it does not bother me in the least---I learned to live with it. Since it is not affecting driveability who cares? You have a sports car so no matter what it makes noise. The grinding you hear when turning is you need to change your diff fluid and make sure you use limited slip fluid as well....Plus a lot of people will disagree with me but do not use synthetic gear fluid!! I did and now the posi will not engage but it did when I used regular gear oil. I think its because synthetic is thinner and does not allow the clutch discs to grab.
Old 06-13-2003, 02:14 PM

Well i ordered my energy suspension tranny mount today. So i will see how much that helps. I hear it is noisier and vibrates more then stock. But i don't think it could be much worse then mine is now. It vibrates and moves all around i think the mount is broke. Because i was driving the car and i got on it real good. When i shifted to 2nd to 3rd i heard a loud clunck noise. It felt like the tranny droped or something. Now my shifter shakes more then it did. So hopefully it makes that better.