LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

engine trouble need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 11:36 PM

engine trouble need help

well first off ill give you a little back ground
i just installed my pace setter LT's a little over a month ago and then the day i got those in i blew up my rear end so my cars been outta commission for a while then i got the rear in and drove it for a little while and my car gradullay started running worse and worse so i checked the plug wires and a couple were burnt so i figured that i was in need of some
i got my otvc wires and new spark plugs in and my car runs better but it still falls flat on its face in the low rpms ill give it about half throtle and until gets up to a decsent rpm then it seems to just catch and it just doesnt feel like it used to
and another thing that really scares me is when i was pulling the car back in my drive way the clutch was in and the check gauges light went on and then i looked at my oil pressure and it was damn near zero but only for a second and then i noticed the idle was really chopy and just all in all bad
could all this be being caused by maybe false knock from the headers in combination with the bad O2's?
cause all this is really starting to freak me out if it was just an opti i would be happy but im getting spark and everything but the engine is runnin like trash
please gimme your oppinions
thanks