General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

having trouble adjusting my window

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 12:01 PM

having trouble adjusting my window

hi im having trouble adjusting my window im trying to push the window up as it has about 1-2 inches from being fully closed i tried adjusting it on what shoebox said but my window seems to just fall right back down to where it previous was the yellow window clamp is not really gripping the window and holding it into place any ideas?
Old 02-02-2015, 12:44 AM

Re: having trouble adjusting my window

I went though this window hell on my old bird.You need a mirror (small) to actually see whats going on in there.I used a small mirror and a flashlight.If you don't see anything out of normal,then go to your pass. side and see if you can detect a difference between the two window mechanisms.After you take the door panel off and reconnect the power window buttons for testing,you may see a loose part or parts.I had to buy a new thing that holds the glass in place.Took eight hours because well I never did it before.Use the power window buttons and make the widow go up and down till you see loose parts.(You reconnect the power buttons after the door panel is off.)Shoot Shoebox a message maybe he can better advise you with this personally.I changed out the regulator assembly and motor and have scars to prove it.But I used pvc plastic pipe to support om glass up with v grooves I made on the top of the plastic pipe so the glass wouldn.t fall down.I could be way off base with this but my window was bending way out and in at the time.Sorry for the long post. Hope this helps.