35.00%
lt4hotcam
45.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

DYNO PULLs???

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 03:52 PM

DYNO PULLs???

could some people post their setups and dyno pulls here.

i have been looking all over the net but i cant find anything for a dyno pull with a lt1/lt4 cc305 / ported afr heads etc.

if anyone can throw me a bone. or help me find some dyno pulls with a cc305 cam lemme know. pm me or somethin.

im also interested in seeing what setups are pulling what numbers too. if anyone has a dyno list hook me up....

thanks alot guys.
Old 08-23-2003, 05:30 PM

Your cam is huge!!! Is that on a stock bottom end? Do you have numbers from yours? I dont know if it helps, but I am running a hotcam with stage 1 ported heads with bigger valves, and I am around 330-340 rwhp. I will post it when I dyno tune it.

Benji
Old 08-24-2003, 10:14 AM

big cam?? :D

i dont have a dyno pull for that cam i never got it running due to a bunk chip from ed write< bad fule injector circut & bad checksum) since i have a bad checksum i cant dyno tune the chip.. which poses alot of problems for that cam. it is the stock bottom end.. the car is louder than all hell <shakes neighbors windows> even when it was running rich and horrible it would spin the tires all the way to third. alot of that could be due to the ported 195cc afr's. and a torque converter.

alot of people were worried that my piston would slap the valves with the cam i was running in my sig. it never happened tho.. it reved up to 6600 without any problem. had idle problems. brake problems due to idle. but its a huge hydro roller cam, and that comes with the trade.

ide be happy if i could find a cam with my heads that could push 400ish hp to the wheel smog legally.

my car is getting a new cam and a dyno tune within the next week - 2 weeks so im lookin for a cam for my stage 2 afr's thats gonna be high hp and smog legal in ca
TTT
Old 08-24-2003, 03:42 PM

come on guys

ttt

Old 08-24-2003, 04:36 PM

i think with those heads u could throw on a cc306 and push about 400ish, but it wont be strreet legal. ive been researchin on how to get 400ish hp's n/a and everyone says big heads, big cam, but smog time might be a prob. thats why im gonna wait till after i smog my car to get it all strong, so i wont have to worry about smog for 2 years. i would say get the intake ported but have it match the heads, then get a custom grind cam and match the specs to the eads and intake and that might be ur best bet to get what u want

Cisco
Old 08-24-2003, 04:47 PM

That's a good chunk of change in those heads.. You're obviously going to want the most you can get out of them. I don't think I'd screw around with an off the shelf cam, especially considering your emissions situation. I'd contact a shop like Combo, have your flow #'s handy, and work with them to come up with the right stick for the job.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:00 AM

how do you like your XE series cam?
ihave a custom grind right now

im still considering another its just hard gettign that EO# if i have to

yea i <3 my heads but i need a cam with some ***** to suit it.. unfortionatly it has to be smog legal.

anyone know how lsa effects emmissions; or what the max lift you can have to pass in ca? at X durration

is there anyway to play with the lsa or another cam variable inorder to custom grind a cam that will be cc305/cc306 ++++ and pass smog?

if anyone is a cam guru please hook up some info
Old 08-25-2003, 03:53 AM

The 224/230 is a very fun cam. Lots of power everywhere, no vacuum problems, sounds great.. pretty happy with it.

A tighter lsa opens the exhaust valves earlier than the wider lsa. This gets them open earlier while the intake ones are open to help pull in the A/F mix. Great for N/A applications, but not emissions or FI applications. You can see how a bit of the unburnt charge will get out - this is doesn't help on the sniffer. Widen that lsa a bit (114 is the usual I've seen on emissions passing cams) and you help stop that, but lose a bit of that pull I mentioned. It's nothing horrendous like 50rwhp or anything, it's just one of those little things that add up, for the most part.

How much lift/duration will pass? No clue. I'm by absolutely no means even close to a cam guru, I'm still reading up on stuff from the engine builders in the various magazines, talking with local successful builders, etc, to learn more. Another good idea for you would be to contact some of the programmers like www.pcmforless.com or www.madz28.com and ask about what cams they've gotten to pass.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:04 PM

Yeah, about those programmers. With having a hotcam kit, my car doesnt even want to pass emissions in Missouri. So, what I did, was had my computer guy stick a really really lean program in an old computer I have. I pull over before I get to the emissions tester, and swap computers. You dont want to drive very far with this program, but it is one way to help you pass emissions.

Benji
Old 08-25-2003, 04:25 PM

XE 230/236 112
1.6 rockers
Hooker Long Tubes
True Duals
383 setup

378rwhp and 383 lb ft of torque through a 700R4 with a 3200 stall converter (Dyno calculated 400rwhp through a T56).
Old 08-25-2003, 04:39 PM

Originally posted by jkipp84
The 224/230 is a very fun cam. Lots of power everywhere, no vacuum problems, sounds great.. pretty happy with it.
I second that. I'm being told that with LT's I'll be VERY close if not a touch over 400. Once we get the car tuned in, we're looking at low 280's and low 270's at the wheels.

There's a couple of people out there that have gotten the CC306 to pass with a "emissions test" only tune.
Old 08-26-2003, 02:10 AM

Gripenfelter
very nice car man

i love the dyno movie

i would also love to have your RWHP

anyone know if a XEseries cam will pass smog?

my car is in the shop as we speak getting a new PCM, a cam swap and a dyno tuning. i need a legal cam that can put down some decent numbers on a ported head. ide be happy to see in excess of 360rwhp. i have to make my cam choice soon tho pretty much with in this week.

as soon as i make my selection ill post some numbers and maybe jock Gripenfelter
and make my own dyno movie
Old 08-26-2003, 07:41 PM

TTT

Old 08-26-2003, 08:09 PM

In general terms, I wouldn't excpect a cam with the specs you quote to do well on most LT1's. First, this cam will have a late intake closing point, and thus a low dynamic CR. To compensate, the motor would need a static CR of 11.5:1 or more. Second, the cam is a "single pattern". LT1 (and other producton small block heads) almost never have adequate exhaust flow relative to the intake. The best way to compensate is to have greater exhaust duration than intake. This is often known as a split pattern or dual pattern cam. Notice how almost all LT1 cams have this characteristic? That's the reason.

A cam like yours would be fine with a high CR setup using heads with a killer exhaust port and a very free flowing exhaust system. Otherwise, I predict poor results as well as marginal drivability and inability to pass emissions.

Rich Krause