LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Differences in Exhaust Manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 10:46 AM

Differences in Exhaust Manifolds

Ok guys, I've been reading the archives and I'm trying to figure out exactly what the differences are in the early vs late and f-body vs b-body manifolds. I need a pass side one for a project on my corvette and I'm trying to figure out exactly which one I should be looking for. So what are the differences.

I know the egr hook ups are different on early vs late. Also the single vs dual cat setup changed the length of the drivers header(not the pass too?). Are there any other differences?

And I read somewhere there is an angle difference of some sort on the f-body vs b-body but it was never explained. If someone knows please speak up.

Thanks guys.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:57 AM

Re: Differences in Exhaust Manifolds

You've got it covered….the late f-body has a different driver side manifold flange because it connects directly to the cat.
The b-body manifolds have extensions past the flange that goes inside the pipes, the f-body flanges are flat.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:15 AM

"The b-body manifolds have extensions past the flange that goes inside the pipes, the f-body flanges are flat."

So the connector on the F-body is flat and the b-body has those flared cup connectors? That is very good to know thanks.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by mn_vette
"The b-body manifolds have extensions past the flange that goes inside the pipes, the f-body flanges are flat."

So the connector on the F-body is flat and the b-body has those flared cup connectors? That is very good to know thanks.
Both b and f-body connectors are flat, the extensions on the b-body manifolds are part of the cast and they are tapered to go in the pipes smoothly (they can be machined flat and will fit) and has a flat 3 bolt flange.