LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

AFPR Aeromotive = Junk??

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 10:41 PM

AFPR Aeromotive = Junk??

I was replacing my stock fuel pressure regulator today and I decided to go with an adjustable one. I bought the Aeromotive and I am less than happy now. I know all of the downsides to AFPR's, pcm compensation and so forth so we can just skip that issue. My problem is that after installing the Aeromotive unit it will not adjust. You can either set it at about 30lb or 80lb. It won't hold any pressures in between. You can adjust all you want and the needle on the gauge won't move until you max it out and then it jumps to 80 or so. Has anyone experienced this with their AFPR? Do I just have a bad regulator? Are the Aeromotive's just junk? Summit says that they will either replace it with another Aeromotive or I can get a Holley instead...or a refund. Any thoughts? I was heading to the dyno today, but this ruined it so I am still pissed.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:31 AM

You're not the first to mention this. I was in the market for an AFPR a couple days ago, and after much deliberating, and searching on here, I decided wholeheartedly against the Aeromotive. I got a Hypertech, and it seems to be a nice piece.

I just saw too much negative feedback on the aeromotive for it to be worth my time. Feedback especially on situations like yours.

Good luck getting it fixed.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:28 AM

After thinking this through I am just going to return it for a refund. I was really just wanting to use it as a tuning aid on my dyno runs, but I would be better off to do it the right way through PCM tuning. Oh well, I will just put the stock regulator back on tomorrow and be done with it. I could never recommend the Aeromotive regulator to anyone. It was a bitch to install plus it worked like crap.