LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

94 z28 problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by speedygonzales
That sentence does not make sense cause the engine starts in open loop and then switches to closed loop. Did you mean to say it never left open loop?
hmmm...Maybe thats my problem then because the software I was using said that it was in closed loop the entire time, unless it just wasn't able to read that.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:05 AM
Administrator

If you are using something like DataMaster, the bit screen shows "Closed Loop Enabled" once the system has reached required coolant temps, the O2 sensors show the required activity and the timer from start up times out. The "enabled" flag stays set, even if you exceed the TTP vs RPM threshhold required to put it into PE mode. At that point, watch the PE flag and the learning disabled flag.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by GhostZ28
Hey I am also having the erratic bogging and misfiring when it heats up. Just like everyone else's condition, its only been happening this summer when it gets really hot. First I suspected my spark plug wires, but after replacing them today with going over the valve covers, I'm still having bogging and no HP. Plus if I cruise at like 60-65 it will hesitate and misfire more noticeably. I looked at it from behind while it was idling and noticed I'm getting some seriously nasty black watery liquid out the tailpipes that is spraying out all over my driveway. I know this isnt normal h2o burn off and carbon, i was thinking the misfiring was leading to gas being burnt off or steamed in the headers and collecting soot and liquefying. If anyone else is having nasty black spatter out the exhaust let me know because it only started when my misfiring and hesitating started up. And Im positive because all that black spray on the driveway is recent
Might want to watch that, mine was doing the same, started it up this afternoon and had over a gallon of antifreeze dump out the exhaust.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Let's return this thread to the original poster, RKPsk8er. Not right that it has been hijacked by GhostZ28.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
If you are using something like DataMaster, the bit screen shows "Closed Loop Enabled" once the system has reached required coolant temps, the O2 sensors show the required activity and the timer from start up times out. The "enabled" flag stays set, even if you exceed the TTP vs RPM threshhold required to put it into PE mode. At that point, watch the PE flag and the learning disabled flag.
I am using datamaster, and If I remember correctly, it was reading closed loop enabled from the time I started up the car. I believe I recorded the entire session of driving through datamaster while I was driving. Do you think anyone here could open it up on there computer and see if anything sticks out?
Old 06-21-2010, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Let's return this thread to the original poster, RKPsk8er. Not right that it has been hijacked by GhostZ28.
wasnt trying to hijack, I'm just giving detailed observations of what mine is doing and hoping it contributes.

Actually now i re-read it and im not hijacking anything! (technically this is) Don't be mean like that for no reason it gets nowhere and puts others in a bad mood. I stated in detail my observations of my problem (helping RKPsk8er and other readers to decide its related or not related). Then, I asked if he has black sooty liquid out his tailpipe. Possibly he didn't notice this on his car?! The other guy went on to post about mine, i am more interested in RKPsk8er's problem/solution
Old 06-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Once someone starts to reply to you, rather than the original poster, it starts to confuse things. Go back and look... I wasn't the first to suggest that you start your own thread. Sorry is puts you in a bad mood.... but only you can control that.