LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

What do you protect your LS1 with?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 07:36 AM

ok since toykilla is the oposite of every post i will say this one you can get very creative with alarms and make it very safe ie. put box somewhere else put sirens somewhere else hook it up to the radio and other things.... 2 yes if someone wants your car bad enough it is gone but how many poeple are gonna steal camaro's or in your case eclipse's with all that trouble they will look over your car and go to the next. 3 if you are that worried invest in a garage with a watch dog, securitie.... but for the most part a good alarm like i mentioned the alpine will be fine unless you have a seriously done up car worth enough for someone to get there money's worth. (so unless you have a exotic or a car with serious money in it don't worry about it and get a good alarm.)
Old 12-12-2002, 09:27 AM

Arrow Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What do you protect your LS1 with?

Originally posted by toykilla
True, your so right in that matter. You spend all this money to keep someone from getting into your car. Fancy crap, this, that. All this technology won't stop an old fashion hammer to the window. Honestly, the best bet to stop someone from stealing a stereo is a custom install. Something that will make the crook take time to remove. Anyone can break a window with a hammer, and remove a sub box in less than a minute. While your beloved alarm is going off. What will it do? Unless the alarm company is willing to pay for anything stolen from your car while it's installed. It just isn't worth it.
1.) I do not have an aftermarket stereo system nor do I plan on spending any money on a stereo system in the near future. I guess your assuming that all the car theif wants is the stereo. I basically want to prevent anyone from stealing my car cause I'm going to be putting A HELL LOT of money into her in the near future.

2.) The guy who is just going to throw a brick through the window of your car is most likely not a professional and most likely be unable to steal your car.

3.) There is a chip in every I guess 2001 + f-body (not sure if its on the older LS1s or LT1s) car key that is specially needed to turn on YOUR personal car. Probably not too easy to hot wire the thing.

4.) I'm too busy right now to finish the list but it can go on and on.

I don't want to even get into with some of the new state of the art alarms can do and prevent from happening to your car.

Bottom line is nothing is garanteed but you are ignorant to say that alarms don't make a difference.

4.)
Old 12-12-2002, 12:14 PM

In my experience, stereo theft is much more common then vehicle theft. Many of my friends have had their cars broken into and had electronics stolen. Only one has had his car stolen and he drove an Accord with nice rims.

Considering GM could barely sell the f-car new, I doubt the black market is really good for them. The only things Camaro I ever seem hear about getting stolen are the t-tops and Corsa tips.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:34 PM

i wonder how many auto thieves are reading these posts and taking notes? tho it's probably stuff they already know
Old 12-12-2002, 06:05 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What do you protect your LS1 with?

Originally posted by Mystery Z28
1.) I do not have an aftermarket stereo system nor do I plan on spending any money on a stereo system in the near future. I guess your assuming that all the car theif wants is the stereo. I basically want to prevent anyone from stealing my car cause I'm going to be putting A HELL LOT of money into her in the near future.

2.) The guy who is just going to throw a brick through the window of your car is most likely not a professional and most likely be unable to steal your car.

3.) There is a chip in every I guess 2001 + f-body (not sure if its on the older LS1s or LT1s) car key that is specially needed to turn on YOUR personal car. Probably not too easy to hot wire the thing.

4.) I'm too busy right now to finish the list but it can go on and on.

I don't want to even get into with some of the new state of the art alarms can do and prevent from happening to your car.

Bottom line is nothing is garanteed but you are ignorant to say that alarms don't make a difference.

4.)

Man, your completely blind if you think an alarm will prevent your car from being stolen. It might stop the average person or an honest man but it won't stop someone that has a basic understanding of how to do it. Not even professionals. The other point, which is made below. Your car has about as much value as my aftermarket part list. No one wants it.
Old 12-12-2002, 07:13 PM

Cool Re: What do you protect your LS1 with?

Your car has about as much value as my aftermarket part list. No one wants it.
Yeah go **** yourself buddy. I currently have $5,000 worth of parts on order. $2,300 for a set of 4 Fr-Series Simmons wheels alone. And noone wants it? Yeah, thats why the one time my car sat on my front driveway through the night, someone tried to steal it. And where I live, there're a lot more Mercedes then there are f-bodies. So I'd rethink that statement.

Stop crying about alarms and buy another stereo system. All you do is wine with negativity....I'm sick of it....Keep your doors unlocked for all I care.
Old 12-12-2002, 07:20 PM

Wink Re: Re: What do you protect your LS1 with?

Yeah go **** yourself buddy. I currently have $5,000 worth of parts on order. $2,300 for a set of 4 Fr-Series Simmons wheels alone. And noone wants it? Yeah, thats why the one time my car sat on my front driveway through the night, someone tried to steal it. And where I live, there're a lot more Mercedes then there are f-bodies. So I'd rethink that statement.

Stop crying about alarms and buy another stereo system. All you do is wine with negativity....I'm sick of it....Keep your doors unlocked for all I care.
Oh and I just visited your joke of a web page....Now that I see what you drive, it makes sense that you don't have an alarm, I'd leave the keys in the ignition myself.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:47 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What do you protect your LS1 with?

...The other point, which is made below. Your car has about as much value as my aftermarket part list. No one wants it.
I seriously doubt an old Eclipse is high on any professionals list either. If you look at the list of most commonly stolen cars you'll notice it parallels the list of best selling cars. I think you took my comment too far. I do think you have a nice ride though. Not my style, but very well done.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:13 PM

Re: Re: What do you protect your LS1 with?

Originally posted by casebuzz
I seriously doubt an old Eclipse is high on any professionals list either. If you look at the list of most commonly stolen cars you'll notice it parallels the list of best selling cars. I think you took my comment too far. I do think you have a nice ride though. Not my style, but very well done.
I think his car is on display at www.somethingawful.com/

LOL.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:17 AM

Re: Re: Re: What do you protect your LS1 with?

I think his car is on display at www.somethingawful.com/

LOL.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2002, 12:14 AM

Re: Re: Re: What do you protect your LS1 with?

Oh and I just visited your joke of a web page....Now that I see what you drive, it makes sense that you don't have an alarm, I'd leave the keys in the ignition myself.
Don't be mad because I made a 16 second car run mid 11's and your still working on making a 13 second car break 12's...I dont believe I said anything about anyone wanting my car either. Most cars stolen are Accords I believe. Please reframe from the bull**** comments. Every SINGLE mod on my car was done by ME. Please take your ride to your mechanic and hope he doesn't **** it up because god knows your too stupid to fix something...
Old 12-14-2002, 05:16 AM

Re: What do you protect your LS1 with?

Originally posted by ratio411
A Glock 21

I think my Gock 27 will also suffice
Old 12-14-2002, 05:26 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: What do you protect your LS1 with?

Your right, cutting wires is soo hard. The average moron couldn't do it...What movie did a green neon eclipse run 10 seconds in the 1/4 mile?? I must have missed that movie. Be realistic, what's so hard for you guys to see my point?? It's not like i'm saying imports are better than domestics. Your just disagreeing because I don't have a Camaro. Read it and god forbid, think about it. Car alarms do ****ing nothing, I know from experience how much they do.

For the professional... Your right. For the amature... They will run from the noise. The absolute best theft deterent is your own ignition kill switch independent from the alarm hidden but within inconspicuous arms reach. For the professional... He will never find it!
Old 12-14-2002, 09:23 AM

...I dont believe I said anything about anyone wanting my car either. Most cars stolen are Accords I believe...
They were for a long time, and are still pretty highly victimized. Camry gets the top spot for now though.
Old 12-14-2002, 09:31 AM

Don't be mad because I made a 16 second car run mid 11's and your still working on making a 13 second car break 12's...I dont believe I said anything about anyone wanting my car either. Most cars stolen are Accords I believe. Please reframe from the bull**** comments. Every SINGLE mod on my car was done by ME. Please take your ride to your mechanic and hope he doesn't **** it up because god knows your too stupid to fix something...
Yeah, mid 11s, thats what the last f*g driving a GSX told me he was running too, but it sure didn't look like he was running 11s when we raced.

Oh and god forbid that I'm no mechnanic, I guess I'll just have to stay in college then...

FAH Q

Quick Reply: What do you protect your LS1 with?