LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

2000 LS1 vs. VTech Integra

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2002, 07:46 PM

Unless he's got some serious parts on his engine, you'll waste him very easily.

*however*

There are heavily modified integras on the road, and some of them are pretty damn fierce. There are two turbo'd integras in my neighborhood alone, and I'm good friends with one of the owners. With 240whp, we walked ALL OVER an '00 Corvette 6 speed.

So David can beat Goliath, he just needs to be swinging with a turbo

------------------
White 1990 LX Hatch 5.0 Nitrous:sold. Coming: Vortech S trim Black 1995 Honda Civic Ex Daily driver, 36 mpg

bigredjim.corral.net
Old 07-04-2002, 09:27 PM

First off ima say that i dont hate on either imports or domestics...

Its VTEC, not VTECH...

Basically youll smoke him, but he could hold his own on a track if he is a good driver(real track, not a strip..), considering there arent any long straight aways, but obviously this isnt the case. I love imports, not necessarily the Integra, but lots of em, as well as domestics!(i was first a GM guy, then got into imports some too) Is it really an ITR? i doubt it but the USDM ITR has 195hp, and the JDM has 200, cuz it has a lil higher compression, but youd be dealin with the first.. you weigh a good 300-400lbs more, and there is more than hp/weight in the equation, your not thinking about things like wind resistance, suspension(launch), tires, gearing, different powerbands.. and all that ****, regardless, unless you SUCK at driving has fun, you could prolly take him in reverse..

stats..
Integra GSR... 0-60: 7.2 1/4: 15.3
Integra Type R 0-60: 6.5 1/4: 14.7
LS1........... 0-60: 5.1? 1/4: 12.9?

have fun!

now, if you happen to run into a skyline GTR one day(youll prolly never see one), we'll see how well you deal with rice then , oh, want an NSX? how bout a 300zx? Supra? RX7? 3000GT? hehe there plenty more game out there to mess with besides a lil ITR..

nah youd prolly beat all those, with exception to the RX7(turbo), NSX, or the others slightly modded..

[This message has been edited by GaRn (edited July 04, 2002).]
Old 07-04-2002, 09:36 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DJCZ28:
Originally posted by Mykdiver:
I can't beliv somon is dumb enough to think he can run you in an Integra, he must have seen "Fast and the Furious" too many times. Ask him if you can try some of what he is smoking, it must be good ****!</font>
LOL, Some kid in a civic tried to race me ? Poor kid didnt have a clue.

ahhh yes, there are some Integras, Civic Si's out there that are mean, i know a few that run in the 12's, all motor, yep you heard right, lotsa work and money tho. Oh yea also watch out for those CRX's with b18c1(GSR) swaps, those things are beasts, can weigh under 2000 lbs and have close to 180hp at the wheels, they run in the 12's as well..

Old 07-05-2002, 05:18 AM

off the subject but I have the liberty of saying, I smoked an Rx7 with an upgraded turbo and lord knows what else. He also cut out the a/c, smog pump, and the usual rice stuff (Its a street car, why the hell wouldn't you want an A/c in freakin texas). Was a very fast ride though. To bad he blew his motor 1000 miles later. Rotary motors are nice but it seems like he is putting the damn thing back together every weekend. The only import I would die for (not at the price of my LS1 though) is a supra, or a skyline but then again wouldn't everyone. Anyways, just thought i would keep the thread moving.

------------------
'02 Red Z28, ebony leather, M6, T-tops, Trac. cont., hurst shifter
-Borla (the expensive cut-out)
-Wisperlid W/K&N
-FRA
-Cags eliminator
-Strange 4.10's
-G2 Rear Girdle
-Valv. Synthetic 10W-30
-Redline gear oil
-Fat hurst shift ****
-Lead foot
Soon to be:
Alpine Screen, Orion xtr 800.4, xtr 900.2, Kicker 12L7 in a milhouse, Focal polykev K2's.
Old 07-05-2002, 12:54 PM

Talking

"Basically youll smoke him, but he could hold his own on a track if he is a good driver(real track, not a strip..)"

ya think so, eh? this article seems to tell a different story...

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/compa...1/page020.html

anyone that road-races will tell you that lapping 2 seconds faster is a rather thorough trouncing. if the z-28 in this article would have had better shocks than those crappy de-carbons (something every f-bod owner should consider), it would have been much, much worse.

------------------
jay
san francisco

[This message has been edited by jthomas (edited July 05, 2002).]
Old 07-05-2002, 11:11 PM

Thumbs up

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jthomas:
"Basically youll smoke him, but he could hold his own on a track if he is a good driver(real track, not a strip..)"

ya think so, eh? this article seems to tell a different story...

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/compa...1/page020.html

anyone that road-races will tell you that lapping 2 seconds faster is a rather thorough trouncing. if the z-28 in this article would have had better shocks than those crappy de-carbons (something every f-bod owner should consider), it would have been much, much worse.
</font>
Wow, that was a cool article! I love how the Camaro was the biggest (overall length and width) and heaviest of the cars, and yet it had the best performance overall --- it even had better braking distances than the light little rice-cakes!!! (oh yeah, and it was the fastest on the road course too!)

Can someone please give me a reason why not to love Camaros?!

------------------
2002 Z28 - A4, 2.73's, Blk/blk, leather, T-tops, sport appearance package - just bought on June 26, 2002!
1981 Z28 - 383 stroker, TH350 trans., 3.42 posi - sold August, 2000
1973 Camaro - Dad's & my project in the works - to be built: 355 Chevy, 11.5:1 pop-ups, "camel hump" heads (w/2.02 valves), solid cam, 4-speed.....it should be quick!
Pics
Old 07-06-2002, 12:04 AM

alrighty, get a CRX, ill strip it down, to about 1800 lbs.. drop a b18c1 in it, do some headwork to it, mabye some JE 12.5:1 pistons/Eagle rods, id be pushin 210+ hp at the wheels in that car, and weigh next to nothing, id prolly keep up with just about anything on the strip, and stay NA! track wise, id beat the living **** out of you.. did you ever see that video of that ferrari f50 vs the lotus elise(honda powered)? that lotus had around 140 hp, at the flywheel, and kept up with the ferrari, because of his ability in the turns(weighed around 1900 lbs) and yes they were both pussin all the way.. eventually the ferrari disappeared but the lotus kept up for a while, and this was a track with some long straights too.. oh and nice win on the rx7! you must have quite a car.. the car i really want... an s2000! man! they arent near the fastest car, but they are so damn classy.. and on autocross tracks, obviously lighter cars have the advantage. there is this review on the honda prelude i read comparing its handling prowess to the vette... ill try to find it, quite a good handling car. Just wanted to say theres more than domestic muscle out there..
Old 07-06-2002, 12:15 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GaRn:
alrighty, get a CRX, ill strip it down, to about 1800 lbs.. drop a b18c1 in it, do some headwork to it, mabye some JE 12.5:1 pistons/Eagle rods, id be pushin 210+ hp at the wheels in that car, and weigh next to nothing, id prolly keep up with just about anything on the strip, and stay NA! track wise, id beat the living **** out of you.. did you ever see that video of that ferrari f50 vs the lotus elise(honda powered)? that lotus had around 140 hp, at the flywheel, and kept up with the ferrari, because of his ability in the turns(weighed around 1900 lbs) and yes they were both pussin all the way.. eventually the ferrari disappeared but the lotus kept up for a while, and this was a track with some long straights too.. oh and nice win on the rx7! you must have quite a car.. the car i really want... an s2000! man! they arent near the fastest car, but they are so damn classy.. and on autocross tracks, obviously lighter cars have the advantage. there is this review on the honda prelude i read comparing its handling prowess to the vette... ill try to find it, quite a good handling car. Just wanted to say theres more than domestic muscle out there..</font>

hhehehehh

------------------
DaveD
1998 WS6 #207
-ARE Stage II Head/Cam
1998 Regal GS
-It Has Boost

The Phantom of CamaroZ28.com
Http://PhantomTA.cz28.com
Old 07-06-2002, 01:20 AM

Angry

GaRn man, who's side are you batting for?! I know it's better if everyone tries to be open minded and accept that, yes, there truly are some fast "import" cars out there, and our "domestic" muscle cars aren't the only things worth mentioning. But if you're in love with imports so much, then join a CRX board, and don't waste our time here, flaming our "domestic muscle". Do you even own or have interest in Camaros anyway??
Old 07-06-2002, 11:04 AM

Talking

You are going to prison r*pe that Integra. Do what I did and give him a head start.

I just blew the doors off this one local kids yellow 2000 Acura Integra Type R. At first he wouldn't run me. Finally he agreed to race me only from a roll. My car is bone stock and I completely annihilated this kids Type Ricer from a roll like five times. He wouldn't race me from a stop.

If it is a Type R, race him but if isn't a Type R, don't waste your gas.

------------------
ONYX BLACK 2002 CAMARO Z28 COUPE: A4 (3.23): FULLY LOADED (EXCEPT NO SS OR SPORTS APPEARANCE PACKAGE): Ebony Leather-T-TOPS- 3.23 Performance Axle-factory chrome wheels-you get the picture. The Muscle Car Lives!!!
--stock for now- Jonathan Colon
<A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/album/26666793LrtEbvOoij
or" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/album/26666793LrtEbvOoij
or</A> http://www.t1productions.com/zpics/
Old 07-06-2002, 12:11 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Capn Pete:
Do you even own or have interest in Camaros anyway??[/B]</font>
hehehe that's a good question...by the sounds of his answer, prolly not.
Old 07-06-2002, 07:30 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Capn Pete:
GaRn man, who's side are you batting for?! I know it's better if everyone tries to be open minded and accept that, yes, there truly are some fast "import" cars out there, and our "domestic" muscle cars aren't the only things worth mentioning. But if you're in love with imports so much, then join a CRX board, and don't waste our time here, flaming our "domestic muscle". Do you even own or have interest in Camaros anyway??</font>
Im on both sides! i do the same to the brainless single minded people on import boards.. I am part of many import boards as well, same as domestic boards, i wasnt flaming anyone lol, and of course i have interest in camaros/firebirds, actually, i plan on getting one, if my parents could ever sell their damn acura(3.2TL).. any recommendations? i love camaros but i dont see many firebirds so i was thinkin of going that route, same essential car. i was lookin at a 98 formula, white, t-tops, is thta a good year(with it being first year of ls1 and frontend changes)? other than that i was thinkin 97 Camaro Z28.. i already have 1500 bucks and some plans! but i wont go crazy just open her up a bit..

Old 07-07-2002, 01:01 AM

Cool

Well, here's the deal guys. Tonight I got out of work, and recieve a phone call to grab something to eat with a friend. While out eating i recieved another call saying the the integra was out driving around aimlessly, so i figured he was looking for me. Anyway, I finished eating and went to the gas station and filled up. As i am standing there i say to my friend that i had just eaten with(in my passenger seat), "wouldn't it be funny, if the integra drove by", and at that moment it did. So i drove up behind him at first, then downshifted threw him a chirp of the tires and pulled out in front. Stopped at the red light, he pulls up beside me, wouldn't look, roll his window down or anything, i guess he was consentrating on the light to turn green. Well it turned and i let him go, and have a headstart, just about a half car. I then started with TCS on, spun a bit then heard his second gear chirp, I started to pass in first, laid down a nice second right by him and ripped a third about 4 cars out in front of him, then by the time i realized i was waiting for him up the street probably like 15-20 cars out now. and like a typical ****-talker he just kept on driving by me without stopping and talking about going again. So yes the 00' Trans AM basically raped the poor boy in the integra. And from there on he didn't even want to try again, just kept trying to get away. so i turned toward home.
Old 07-07-2002, 07:48 AM

Cool

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Big Red Jim:
Unless he's got some serious parts on his engine, you'll waste him very easily.

*however*

There are heavily modified integras on the road, and some of them are pretty damn fierce. There are two turbo'd integras in my neighborhood alone, and I'm good friends with one of the owners. With 240whp, we walked ALL OVER an '00 Corvette 6 speed.

So David can beat Goliath, he just needs to be swinging with a turbo

</font>
I raced an Integra with simlar mods in my Z28 a few monthts back; I had a 75 shot TNT back then. I handed him his *** like his daddy used too. When I asked him how much he had spent on his car he said over 11k for the turbo and other crap. I told him I spent 550 on the NOS kit and I didn't even use it when I raced him. Integras are very slow. I find it very hard to belive that a so called turbo integra "walked" a 6 speed Corvette.

Old 07-07-2002, 08:32 AM

there are a "few" and I mean very few import cars that seem to be able to even hold their own with an LS1 powered car. I don't know much about imports and don't really care to in most cases, but I give props to any car that is truly fast or owner of a car who is trying to make his/her car truly fast. Though the ricer mentality simply amazes me at times. Case in point some local guy has a 98 Mitsu GSX running 24# of turbo boost and talked about how bad he could beat my car(I am not stock either but have no power-adders)well to make a long story short my son raced him in my car and eat him alive from a roll and from a red light launch. The GSX did pull my SS off the line(the GSX is AWD) but that was over by 2cd gear. A bunch of my sons friend USED to be import heads(so was my son until the SS came along)but they have all been in rides in my car are now all of them want something with an AMERICAN V8 in it. My son now owns a '99 Hugger Orange SS. My horse power and best times are in my sig. I am not bashing rice but can you even imagine running 24# of boost on an LS1 engine the power would be unreal,hell a 6# supercharger on these engines will lay down close to 500hp at the wheels.

------------------
2000 Sebring Silver Camaro SS
Mods? Well...yes, enough mods to have MAD horsepower.
More mods to come? Well..yes, working on achieving INSANE horsepower.
Dyno as of 7/03/02 382hp and 362torque.
Car has gone a best of 12.64@111.67mph with a 60' of 2.15
http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/scottss2658

Quick Reply: 2000 LS1 vs. VTech Integra