General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

The Worst Design Flaw in a Camaro!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 01:58 PM

Also I'm suprised noone has complained about the left bolster of the drivers seat, Mine has never done it, but all my freins have had problems with them wear through
Old 05-26-2003, 02:08 PM

You guy's got cup holders? I got a loose change holder. Must have been a different option.
Old 05-26-2003, 02:37 PM

Originally posted by chevyboy_z28
and why is there a back seat in the first place?
I never understood this gripe, I think those seats are plenty big enough for someone to sit in. I've had several passengers back there. Not the best spot to sit but it works. Those rear quarter dents do suck, I'll agree. Whats that from again, the body flexing?? I'll also agree with the tightness of the passenger side. But to stick to the originl gripe, I had no problem wrestling the tranny out. The only problem is thats its so heavy. I remember taking my T-5 out by just setting it on my chest.
THE WORST DESIGN IS THE ****TY REAR END@! ALL THAT POWER AND NO STRENGTH TO USE IT!!
Old 05-26-2003, 02:40 PM

Originally posted by Dmx4ever3
i think i got the best flaw, you ready for this one OK,
how about ****ing
to have sex in my car is like the hardest think in my life when i first thought of try i didn't even what to but after years of having the car and different girls ahhhhh i think i can now get it on with out a problem but even now and then my girl nee gets banged up and well its just very hard to do but i can do different things beside just one now buts this is only cause i don't have my own place yet and i live with my Mom and hotels can cost a lot and IM not allowed in my girls house cause i lost my job and her parents are dicks about that but after all the ****ing i have done in my car, my right side seat is breaking and when no one sits there in make weird noises and its like the more sex i have in the car, it sounds like my cars coming apart and making more and more noises but that just my 02 cents
What the hell does that say? That hurts to read man, use a ****ing period at least! Or maybe a comma or two.

Old 05-26-2003, 02:41 PM

Originally posted by Dmx4ever3
i think i got the best flaw, you ready for this one OK,
how about ****ing
to have sex in my car is like the hardest think in my life when i first thought of try i didn't even what to but after years of having the car and different girls ahhhhh i think i can now get it on with out a problem but even now and then my girl nee gets banged up and well its just very hard to do but i can do different things beside just one now buts this is only cause i don't have my own place yet and i live with my Mom and hotels can cost a lot and IM not allowed in my girls house cause i lost my job and her parents are dicks about that but after all the ****ing i have done in my car, my right side seat is breaking and when no one sits there in make weird noises and its like the more sex i have in the car, it sounds like my cars coming apart and making more and more noises but that just my 02 cents
Thats halirious! I forgot all about that. I used to have to take the t-top off to make it work!! I don't care for all that wear and tear on the passenger seat though.
Old 05-26-2003, 02:48 PM

Some women like the E-Brake Handle
Old 06-06-2004, 11:05 PM

What the hell does that say? That hurts to read man, use a ****ing period at least! Or maybe a comma or two.
I fell off my chair i was laughing so hard
Old 06-06-2004, 11:22 PM

3 things rank at the top for me.

1. cant see out of it half the time
2. poor 10 bolt diff.
3. poor braking system
Old 06-06-2004, 11:36 PM

Letting the F body die without fixing any of the gripes is what I hate.
My has it's problems from time to time, but it is such a hoot to drive.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:50 PM

I think my brakes are awesome.. Yeah, I have 2 of those rear quarter panel dents too. WTF man. Only time I really notice them is out of the side mirror!!!! How do you get rid of them.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:26 AM

I read all the responses, but personally these are my gripes:

1) Water dripping from the rear taillight area and the side mirrors after washing the car. You have it all nice and clean, then drive it only to find nice dried dust spots from dripping water.

2) Water dripping from hatch after washing. I found out that opening it just slightly and letting it sit there keeps the water from dripping all over the place. After a few minutes, I open it the rest of the way. MUCH less water comes out and you can normally catch it with a towel first.

3) Not being able to see well because of the B-pillar being so huge

4 Cleaning the inside of the back window. You have to be a freakin contortionist.

5) Cleaning the inside of the front window, way down in front.

6) The jiggle of the inside dash on bumps.

7) The only decent cupholder is the one that swings out on the passenger side. (at least on my '97) It feels pretty weak and I worry about breaking it.

8) Work on the engine.

9) The hump on the passenger side floor, but I don't sit there so it doesn't bother me, and my wife doesn't complain about it.

10) The popping from the exhaust if you try to accelerate at even a medium pace after starting up the car if it hasn't been run for a few hours. It goes away within a couple of minutes, but still a gripe.

11) Rear quarter panel dents suck. (I have one) It is not a bad design of the Camaro, rather the fault of idiots not watching where they open their doors next to you. (and I normally park far away from other cars)

12) The little window rattle you get from the door when you shut it if the window is down.

13) Slow power windows.

14) Intake Manifold Leak

15) Failing Water Pumps

16) Failing Fuel Pumps

17) The wonderful "skip shift" feature on the M6. (although this was deleted a LONG time ago on my car)

For all those flaws, the great design features of my Camaro FAR OUTWEIGH any negatives I have. It's one of the all time greatest "Bang for the Buck" out here.

Dan
Old 06-07-2004, 12:33 AM
Advanced Member

Originally posted by shoebox
The worst flaw is that you like to drive it so much that you will put up with petty annoyances and call them "features". You smile every time you put your right foot on the floor, zoom around an expressway ramp or twisty mountain curve and would rather listen to the exhaust note than turn on the stereo. I enjoy my "flawed" car.

Shoebox you have no idea how many people I say that too...

Old 06-07-2004, 01:38 AM

I dont think the trans ams get the rear quarter panel dents. The reason I say this is because my camaro alway got them but my trans am never has.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:52 AM

Dan's list of 17 is right on the money! I hate the rattling partially down windows! And I am a clean glass freak and no matter how hard I try to clean the inside glass, when the right sunlight catches it you still see marks! I even shine halogen floods on my windows at different angles to try and imitate the sun but somehow I always have spots I missed!

The other things that bother me are the small rattles I can never seem to find and that damn stumble/flutter my engine has developed under light accel.

But all it's faults and constantly smoothing them out is what has made me love my car and I don't ever want to get rid of her!
Old 06-07-2004, 08:51 AM

Originally posted by FlyBono24
[BFu*king cupholder is my biggest aggravation!! One time I was turning a corner really fast to show off, and a Taco Bell cruiser cup (big cup, with a small bottom to fit into cupholders) flew out, bounced across the passenger seat, and broke open all over my passenger floormat!! [/B]

well cmon..........you already knew the cupholder sucked.........its your own fault for actually using it!

i learned my lesson the hard way too, when i first go the car................had just stopped by 7-11 for a nice large slurpee.........driving away trying to figure out how to shift my M6 with this big cup in the cupholder, when someone cuts me off and i have to get hard on the brakes..............i think i watched in slow motion as that slurpee decorated the interior.

ohh if only i could meet the design group in charge of this car.

you guys keep mentioning the cost/performance ratio, and how thats supposed to be the explanation for the poorly designed things. but in reality..........most of those things were easily avoidable without much effort......they just didnt bother.

Quick Reply: The Worst Design Flaw in a Camaro!!