General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

URGENT: How do I remove the door panels? Door lock switches, wire color help!!!!!!!!

Old 11-26-2004, 12:20 PM

URGENT: How do I remove the door panels? Door lock switches, wire color help!!!!!!!!

I need to know how to remove the door panels, I have the top of the arm rest off and 2 screws on the black piece, but where do I go from there? I don't want to break anything trying to put in power locks.

Also, I need to know what color wire from the switches does what? There is a blue, orange, and black wire.

BTW, I have a universal power lock kit, if that matters.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:02 PM

Re: URGENT: How do I remove the door panels? Door lock switches, wire color help!!!!!!!!

theres 1 more screw holding the black piece on,i think its behind the controls for the power mirror,its a silver screw.

then u need to take off the door lock part w/ the orange on it,it just pops off. then the black piece should come off,be careful tho,especially around the door handle.

put the window all the way down next. the only thing that holds the door panel on are clips all the way around,i just use a regular screw driver,stick it in between the door panal and the door and slid it till i hit something,then u know u found a clip,and just pry to it pops off. then u have to get the black strip at the top of the door panel off of where the window is. push it toward the outside of the car and upwards to get it out,be careful w/ it and it is kind of a PITA when u havent done it before.

that should help u
Old 11-26-2004, 02:24 PM

Re: URGENT: How do I remove the door panels? Door lock switches, wire color help!!!!!!!!

Thanks. Do you know anything about the switches?
Old 11-26-2004, 02:27 PM

na man,i dont know.

if i was to guess,black would be ground,1 wire to the switch and 1 wire to the relay.

sorry i cant help on that.