General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

It's my T top itself that leaks!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 05:04 PM

It's my T top itself that leaks!

It's like the track that the inner part is covered with which has the interior plastic, it's a rail sort a thing with the rubber, when the nose is pointing up hill it leaks in the rear, when it's pointing down it leaks in the front, when it's sitting flat it leaks in all over!

I took it off in the garage after I got home last night and water just poured out! I have some black sylicone caulk, I think I'm just going to bring it inside tonight and seal it up on both sides and see what happens

Anyone else have the top that leaks?
Old 01-15-2005, 10:47 PM

Re: It's my T top itself that leaks!

I fixed mine with some sylicone, I recommend waiting until the sylicone is dry before putting the t-tops back on. I didn't fully wait until it was dry, and the next time I took the t-tops off it just ripped the sylicone off and I had to re-do it.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:18 PM

I took it off and it's sitting in my warm basement so the rubber warms up and can be more flexable.

I just cant figure out how I'm having so much trouble with them? I also dont know if silicone (which I'm going to do again) is going to solve my problems since I've used that before and nothing!

Wish I just bought the hard top!
Old 01-17-2005, 11:47 AM

Update:
Took the driver one completely apart last night, the rubber that connects from the T top to the door window is sorta cracked on both ends so I used the black rubber caulk I had and sealed it up then put it back together, let it sit in my room overnight and put it back on the car this morning.

I'll see how it does, I'm not expecting much.....I might just stop at Chevy and see what a new rubber piece would cost.

~Chris