General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

94 lt1 major power loss

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 02:21 AM

Exclamation 94 lt1 major power loss

Hows it goin everybody joined the site for a little bit of input frum the experts just bought a 94 lt1 6spd with a full 2002 ss kit i am in love BUUUT the car is running like **** the car is not giving the power that it should after i pass 3000rpms now ive had another 94 lt1 before so i know these things are fasssst. if i keep a steady foot on the petal ant futher than say 3500rpms i can feel the car sputter a little like its holding back and actually almost for an instant almost feel like a governator. Now dont get me wrong i can red line that little bitch but the only thing i kill is gas no power whatsoever ive had a few people give me different things it can be and so far it is the MAP & O2 SENSORS MAYBE THE MASS AIR FLOW OR MAYBE SOME FAULTY WIRING..?? ANY INPUT

APPRECIATE IN ADVANCE
Old 04-13-2013, 02:28 AM

Re: 94 lt1 major power loss

ALSO HAVE SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT.. HAVE TRIED USING THE OBD 1 COMPUTER SCANNER BUT WILL NOT CONNECT WITH MY COMPUTER THEY WONT LINK UP.. I KNOW THAT THE PREVIOUS OWNER DID A SWAP IM THINKING MAYBE HE KEPT THE AUTOMATIC COMPUTER IN THE CAR IS THAT POSSIBLE?? AND WOULD THAT HAVE A BIG EFFECT ON MY PROBLEM..the reason i say this is because my old 94 had the skip shift from 1st to 3rd sometimes this one dosent have that.. now i know there is the skip shift eliminator but i dont think it has it calibrated.. thanx guys
Old 04-13-2013, 07:25 AM
Prominent Member

Location: Born on the Florida West Coast, now where can I retire?

First thing I would check is the fuel pressure.

As for the computer linkup, what are you using for hardware/software?

Last edited by GaryDoug; 04-13-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:12 AM

Thanx for the response do you mean what computer am i running? I can check the numbers tommorow and findout what i have
Old 04-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Administrator

What scanner are you using to try and read the codes from the PCM?

Does it still have a catalytic converter? Plugged up??
Old 04-15-2013, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Does it still have a catalytic converter? Plugged up??
Just what I was thinking, along with the Fuel Pump?
Old 04-15-2013, 11:02 PM

Aye right on you guys for the fast response i checked out the spark plugs today and they were whooped replaced that and the wires and the beast is back you know what i cant call it the beast yet my old 94 would eat ls1's for a snack the plugs got rid of the stutter more power pass 3000rpm but still is not in its prime.. check engine light is still on after i run it for a while. the computer scanner that i was using was an obd1\obd2 scanner i do not know the exact name or who its made by but it was pretty fancy. just was saying something on the screen like cannot make connection?? im wondering what else i can do to bring it back a little more if i can get the computer to scan and tell me what else is wrong
Old 04-15-2013, 11:16 PM

Thumbs up Re: 94 lt1 major power loss

i tell you what the previous owner was cheap as %^&* the car was slammed to the ground.. could not even make it out the driveway,, the car bounced down the road like a lowrider.Come to find out the last owner that had the car cut the springs 2 1/2 rolls!! ON TOP OF THAT HE LEFT THE CUT SPRING STILL IN THE COILOVER! So i just happened to come up the day after i bought the car on front coilovers and rear springs for $50.. major improvment. so far has just been little things that ive been dealing with the rear end whines a little just got royal purple at the 1/4 of the price and gonna replace the fluid thats in there im hoping i dont have to get the rear end replaced?? i checked the oil it was very dirty and thin so im hoping to fix that.. also the reverse at first when i put it in will pop out unless i hold it until it starts moving then its fine? i dont have to put much effort to hold it in it and ive done a little research on google and i hear to flip the reverse syncronizer around and will have fresh teeth.. i dont kno much about trannys what do you guys think?