Fuel and Ignition Fuel Pumps and Systems, Ignition and Spark Systems

Fuel pump access door

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 07:49 AM

Fuel pump access door

I'm going to start making trap doors for the fuel pump, i just need to know the ideal size it needs to be. Also if for different years it needs to be bigger or smaller, any help would be greatly appreciated.
We also have a machine shop and can make custom parts as needed.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:09 AM

Re: Fuel pump access door

Did you try reading the sticky thread at the top of the forum?
Old 08-15-2012, 12:59 PM

What would you be willing to pay for one if you was to buy one? We are trying to put something out there that is price friendly since it will be used very little. We are also willing to take ideas on products that are hard to find, extremly expensive or just dont exist period unless you go to a dealer.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:12 AM

I sort of fabricate whatever is possible, part of the hobby satisfaction, I have backup transportation and plan wok if possible so time is not a concern when I start something. Plus the door is hidden under the carpet so a piece of aluminum flashing or left over soft metal with RTV and a few sheet metal screws would work for me. Most people that start cutting open the chassis metal are avid DIY'ers.
Purchasing a door would work for those without a shop or tools to build one. Or Time is vital for them, and there are quite a few of those out there that would pay for one. Probably keeping it under $10.00 may work, but keep your day job, the F-Body inventory is dropping..
Old 08-17-2012, 11:41 AM

That would be next to impossible to do.....
Trust me im not going to stop my day job this was going to be a side thing more or less. This is just a number that we could think of real fast without drawling it up on a cad program is anywhere from 70-150 depending on how nice you want them.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Sean D.
What would you be willing to pay for one if you was to buy one? We are trying to put something out there that is price friendly since it will be used very little. We are also willing to take ideas on products that are hard to find, extremly expensive or just dont exist period unless you go to a dealer.
Originally Posted by Sean D.
That would be next to impossible to do.....
Trust me im not going to stop my day job this was going to be a side thing more or less. This is just a number that we could think of real fast without drawling it up on a cad program is anywhere from 70-150 depending on how nice you want them.
If you want to advertise or offer commercial products, you need to contact the Administrators regarding the "Supporting Vendor" program.