Aeromotive 340lph - CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

Fuel and Ignition Fuel Pumps and Systems, Ignition and Spark Systems

Aeromotive 340lph

Reply

 
Old 11-27-2017, 07:15 PM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NY...what a bad place for a nice car
Posts: 2,287
Aeromotive 340lph

Anybody run the aeromotive 340lph stealth pumps.

Are they supposed to hold pressure like the stock pump.

I may be able to rule out injector and FPR leakage as my old wolboro held pressure for hours.

What types of symptoms occur with a bad check valve?

I'm chasing an issue where it randomly decides to hard start and run crappy. Any load under throttle it will stumble. Sometimes it will go away and work fine.

Last edited by CamaroSS30thAnn; 11-27-2017 at 07:17 PM.
CamaroSS30thAnn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:41 PM
  #2  
Super Moderator
 
Injuneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1998
Location: Hell was full so they sent me to NJ
Posts: 66,792
re: Aeromotive 340lph

Would you like me to edit the topic so it matches the pump description in your post?
Injuneer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:24 PM
  #3  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NY...what a bad place for a nice car
Posts: 2,287
re: Aeromotive 340lph

Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
Would you like me to edit the topic so it matches the pump description in your post?
Sure lol I didn't get a chance to figure it out whilst at work lol.
CamaroSS30thAnn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:24 PM
  #4  
Super Moderator
 
Injuneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1998
Location: Hell was full so they sent me to NJ
Posts: 66,792
Re: Aeromotive 340lph

I found this link in my list.

Fuel Pump Comparison Test

I run dual high pressure (58 PSI) Bosch pumps. I think the HP ratings in the test in the link are a bit high. Not sure if their calculations allowed for the fact you always want some fuel in the return line.
Injuneer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:17 AM
  #5  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NY...what a bad place for a nice car
Posts: 2,287
Re: Aeromotive 340lph

Are these the only options for pumps for an lt1?
I would like to keep an in tank pump.
Right now I have to check the regulator and make sure none of my fuel injectors are leaking which I don't believe they are bc it held pressure with my old wolboro.

It wasn't until I changed to the 340 that I notice the pressure drops right off.

With more tuning i believe i can break 400rwhp and I run a 150 shot but plan on 200.

What would be a good option here if it turns out to be the pump check valve?
CamaroSS30thAnn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:22 PM
  #6  
Super Moderator
 
Injuneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1998
Location: Hell was full so they sent me to NJ
Posts: 66,792
Re: Aeromotive 340lph

The Bosch is listed as an 'inline" pump, but I run one in the stock sending unit in the tank, and another outboard, off a connection at the bottom/back of the tank. They come together in a "Y" before the fuel filter. The shop that did the work had a lot of experience with using the Bosch in-tank.

Holding pressure on shutdown of the pump is not essential. I have a Weldon adjustable fuel pressure regulator, mounted under the cowl, on the return line added to the front of my parallel fuel rails. It does not hold the fuel pressure on shutoff, by design. Just a matter of turning the key to "start" just as the two-second prime ends. And only the in-tank pump runs normally. The outboard pump only turns on when the nitrous system is "armed". With the dry system, all the fuel goes through the injectors.

For selecting the pump, you need to consider flywheel HP. Are you looking at wet or dry nitrous?

Racetronix sells their own brand pumps, which is probably just a repackage of someone else's. And there are dual-pump in-tank setups available.
Injuneer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:28 PM
  #7  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NY...what a bad place for a nice car
Posts: 2,287
Re: Aeromotive 340lph

Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
The Bosch is listed as an 'inline" pump, but I run one in the stock sending unit in the tank, and another outboard, off a connection at the bottom/back of the tank. They come together in a "Y" before the fuel filter. The shop that did the work had a lot of experience with using the Bosch in-tank.

Holding pressure on shutdown of the pump is not essential. I have a Weldon adjustable fuel pressure regulator, mounted under the cowl, on the return line added to the front of my parallel fuel rails. It does not hold the fuel pressure on shutoff, by design. Just a matter of turning the key to "start" just as the two-second prime ends. And only the in-tank pump runs normally. The outboard pump only turns on when the nitrous system is "armed". With the dry system, all the fuel goes through the injectors.

For selecting the pump, you need to consider flywheel HP. Are you looking at wet or dry nitrous?

Racetronix sells their own brand pumps, which is probably just a repackage of someone else's. And there are dual-pump in-tank setups available.
Nitrous outlet plate system. 150 shot. Plan on doing 200.
I put down 380/410 To the wheels through the 4l80e and Dana 60.
Could use more tuning.
Looking for just under or close to 600rwhp if possible.
I have the racetronix hot wire and the aeromotive 340 with upgraded wiring.
I just wasn't sure if everything was good as most pumps tend to hold pressure ( that I know of).
I'm chasing issues so I'm looking at every aspect it could be.
CamaroSS30thAnn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:26 AM
  #8  
Super Moderator
 
Injuneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1998
Location: Hell was full so they sent me to NJ
Posts: 66,792
Re: Aeromotive 340lph

The fuel system capacity has to be based on flywheel HP, not rear wheel HP.
Injuneer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:45 AM
  #9  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NY...what a bad place for a nice car
Posts: 2,287
Re: Aeromotive 340lph

Originally Posted by Injuneer View Post
The fuel system capacity has to be based on flywheel HP, not rear wheel HP.
I understand this. That's why I mentioned my trans and rear end. Idk what my FWHP is. Figured your could get a general idea with information provided.
CamaroSS30thAnn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:42 PM
  #10  
Super Moderator
 
Injuneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1998
Location: Hell was full so they sent me to NJ
Posts: 66,792
Re: Aeromotive 340lph

Not familiar with power loss through the 4L80E. If it's give or take a percent or two from the 4L60E, and given the low losses through the Dana 60, I would say to assume 17% loss.

600 rwHP / 0.83 = 723 flywheel HP

Nitrous needs to run richer than normally aspirated.
Injuneer is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Stephen68
Parts For Sale
5
07-04-2016 03:00 PM
wingnut
Parts For Sale
18
07-20-2004 10:55 PM
IDOXLR8
Forced Induction
0
01-31-2003 12:28 PM
Flyin t/a
N2O Tech
2
09-30-2002 07:07 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aeromotive 340lph


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.