Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

Barry grant fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 08:45 AM

Barry grant fuel pump

Im looking for a fuel pump that will handle 700rw. Im currently looking at a Bary Grant fuel pump part#BGI-170042. it says that it will support 2,000hp and pumps 1000lb/hr@60psi. One of the things it says that it has to have is a EFI bypass regulator. Now if im right, that just an adjustable fuel pressure regulator right?.
I considered running an Aeromotive but Im just not to comfortable with there reliability. So I thought I would spend the extra coin and get a quality fuel pump. i think this pump by it self should suffice correct?.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:47 AM

If you are looking to go with a big external pump then save yourself some time and headaches and go with a Weldon pump. I would also highly recommend a voltage regulator box.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:02 AM

Originally posted by IDOXLR8
If you are looking to go with a big external pump then save yourself some time and headaches and go with a Weldon pump. I would also highly recommend a voltage regulator box.
Hmmmm, thanks for the reply, what are the differences between the two. What part number are you running?
Old 06-30-2004, 09:23 AM

Originally posted by MEAN LT1
Hmmmm, thanks for the reply, what are the differences between the two. What part number are you running?
I am not running a Weldon pump on my setup. I am running twin internal pumps. I unfortunately do not have any part numbers for you. I do not have any experience with Barry Grant stuff so I cannot comment but my buddy installed a Weldon pump on a GN and can say that it is a nice piece and works extremely well. The only downfall is that is sounds like a weed wacker.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:30 AM

I am not running a Weldon pump on my setup. I am running twin internal pumps. I unfortunately do not have any part numbers for you. I do not have any experience with Barry Grant stuff so I cannot comment but my buddy installed a Weldon pump on a GN and can say that it is a nice piece and works extremely well. The only downfall is that is sounds like a weed wacker.
Thats right, you did tell me you were running twin intank fuel pumps. I might have to consider this an option as well but if I can get away with just running one fuel pump to supply all the fuel the motor needs that would be cool.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:37 AM

Thats right, you did tell me you were running twin intank fuel pumps. I might have to consider this an option as well but if I can get away with just running one fuel pump to supply all the fuel the motor needs that would be cool.
The only thing about running an big external pump is that is gets extremely expensive.

-Fuel tank needs to be sumped
-Braided fuel lines, fittings, and fuel filters
-Fuel rails need to be modified
-etc...........
Old 06-30-2004, 09:50 AM

The only thing about running an big external pump is that is gets extremely expensive.

-Fuel tank needs to be sumped
-Braided fuel lines, fittings, and fuel filters
-Fuel rails need to be modified
-etc...........
So are you saying that your still running the factory fuel lines from the tank to the fue rail?. If so I wonder if that could be hurting hp in any kind of way?. But I guess as long as fp is stable it shouldnt be hurting anything right?.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:30 AM

So are you saying that your still running the factory fuel lines from the tank to the fue rail?. If so I wonder if that could be hurting hp in any kind of way?. But I guess as long as fp is stable it shouldnt be hurting anything right?.
Yes I am still running stock fuel lines and have never had any problems running out of fuel. My car maintains a steady fuel pressure.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:53 AM

Sweet, I think Im going to have to call Racetronix and see what they quote me for a dual intank pump(s).