Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

Where in or near Ohio to get m6 swap done

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 10:08 PM

Where in or near Ohio to get m6 swap done

Well the tranny shop I was gonna have do my m6 swap (when i get the parts) said it would cost me $4000. Needless to say, i now need to find another place to do it. Do any of you in or around southeastern ohio or part of west virginia know of a place that would do it maybe? I havent got the parts just yet but am trying to line a place up for when I do have everything.
Everyone keeps saying either autos are better or the ever-popular ''just buy a m6 car''. I would rather not buy another car because ive grown quite attached to my Z in the time ive had it and put alot of $ into repairs. Out of curiousity, what is the going price for a 94+ z28 m6 w/t-tops?
Also, would my a4 tranny, pedals, etc, be worth much after the swap if I sold all the parts?
Thanks for any/all replies
Old 02-10-2005, 11:08 PM

Re: Where in or near Ohio to get m6 swap done

I could do it for about 1/2 that if you had everything. But I am in Michigan. Steven
Old 02-11-2005, 01:12 AM

Too far sorry
Old 02-14-2005, 11:04 AM

Scott racing and performance. His site is www.ts-performance.com or get on www.nkyfba.com He has lots of customers on that site.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:58 PM

I could give you a hand, its all pretty easy. Hardest thing was the pedals. Make sure you get everything though. Their is a site that has all the info with everything you will need. I formatted my computer so i dont have it offhand but its a great site.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:06 AM

wlz28-i checked out Scott racing & performance, iam gonna see if i can go down there and check things out. Sounds pretty good though.

SSmoked- I know the site your thinking of, i have it saved on my laptop but iam not on it right now. Its something like www.afrashteh.com/t56_pics or something like that i think...
Iam thinking iam gonna go with Scott's shop because I might have some other things done to the car while its there not just the m6 swap. Even though iam paying for it and arranging everything, my parents want it done by a shop, the car is registered to my mom/dad (insurance $$ reasons) so what they say is what goes pretty much.
SSmoked looks like a familair screenname, do I know you on another board or chatroom or something??
Thanks for all the replies, long live cz28.com!!

P.S.-SSmoked, how are those 2.73's with your new tranny?

Last edited by coolraptor; 02-16-2005 at 12:29 AM.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:03 AM

Never met ya before. You are also going to be paying out of your a$$ in labor, over $1500 i would assume. Thats alot of money you could put forth for more mods instead of paying some hick mechanic to do the work for you. The 2.73 gears suck. Good for gas and i have pretty good traction but when it comes to raceing 1/4 mile their useless. GL with your car, hope all goes well.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:47 AM

I dont know if iam allowed to say exactly or not but I was quoted well under $1000 for the swap as far as labor goes by Scott racing & performance. I dont think hes a hick mechanic, judging by his well established bussiness i would say he knows what hes doing.
THat said, i really wish i could do this myself, but as ive said in other posts I dont have a place to do it, and even if I did, ive never done anything even remotely close to as complex as that would be.
Hmm sounds like I may have to check on some 3.73s in the future... I was told I have 3:4x something (cant remember) and that it had to be aftermarket, but I dont really know the past history of this car very well.

THanks for the reply & thanks for offering to help but like I said a big thing here is my parents want it done by a shop...and since my car is in there name, and iam underage, i cant do anything but go along with it for now or stick with the auto.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:40 PM

ssmoked, our shop is known for best "bang for the buck" in performance, we started out just like everyone else, a need for speed in our own cars, and know how much it costs to go fast. Thats why our prices are fair, we're not out to gouge people's pockets. check out our website in the above post, we aren't backyard mechanics. I see you're from cleveland, if you live in the south western part around the brown's training facility, watch out for a black impala ss on 22"s (yea i know) during the football season, its felipe claybrooks who sports our heads/cam transmission combo we just finished this winter. It ain't no slouch even though its on those huge rims, full stereo etc.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:31 AM

Sorry if i said that the wrong way, im not at all calling your shop a **** hole or anything. Ive checked around afew places to get some gears installed and its around $200(most shops wont even do it) Also just a clutch job runs over 1k so a whole trans swap i figured it would be alot more. Ya mind giveing me a phone # where i can reach this shop and maybe quote me on a gear install?

coolraptor - if you have the 3.42 gears you will be fine for a while. 2.73's are a whole different story.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:59 PM

its cool man, i was just explaining our shop, probably never heard of us up in cleveland. 513-331-0424 we're in cincy.