Drag Racing Technique Improve your track times

What's the current fastest 1/4 mile record for LT1/LT4?(HELP!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 08:54 AM

I heard from a reputable source that his car went 9.6x all motor. Vince wasnt driving it though. Had someone else behind the wheel.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:38 AM

hmmm, Vince ran a "supposed" 9.97 on a freak accident which I yet to seen proof of.....and only that one pass....I recall a post while back which alot of people were involved in ..which at that time nobody knew who Joe O was, where Vince called me a bench racer To the best of knowledge, I'm the first to knock down 9's N/a with a 4th gen lt1 and back it up successfully...The fastest lt1 is a non stock suspended 1st gen camaro with a 9.72..
Will others run quicker? maybe......Will I put up a better time ? Count on it!!!! Will the fogger I've had here for almost a year go on ? probably, after I get what I want n/a ...
Goodluck everyone ,and we'll see who has what and for whom when the chips are down...

Joe "hasnt touched the 1st stage yet" Overton
Old 07-14-2003, 04:35 PM

Joe,
Iam sure you meant FASTEST N/A LT1 9.72
Mine is a true lt1/4 Block/heads/intake, stock suspension.
We will be running the PRO race at Cordova IL. This weekend in Extreme Street We hopefully have fixed the belt stripping problem and will make a full pass. Hopefully we'll see the first LT1 IN THE 8"s I will let ya know
Old 07-14-2003, 08:03 PM

Chris, thanks for the correction I did mean N/A ofcourse..come to think of it the fastest ls1 is also a 9.72;D

Goodluck this weekend your car surely has a 8 written all over it..Tell Jay I said hey

Last edited by Joes94TA; 07-14-2003 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:53 PM
3rd Gen Tech Moderator

Hey guys. I don't want to give too much info, cause I feel that after all his hard work, it is Vince's choice whether or not to make any announcements. Vince has been a close friend of mine for several years now, so I would hate to take the rights that come with hard work. He is truly looking forward to coming out and having some fun.

Fwiw- the car is a stock suspended car with an LT1 block and heads, and yes- it is carb'd. The car was in an accident- but the car is now fixed and back at the track.

And fwiw- Vince did run 9's NA last year- running backwards through the traps. I've even seen the car hit 130 NA shortshifting by 3000rpm with NO traction (suspension has since been revised)- all within letting off at the 1/8th!!! This car is such a sick sick beast.

Hopefully he'll be back online soon.

Steve

Last edited by steve10358; 07-14-2003 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:00 PM

Location: Windsor, Canada: Home of the FASTEST LT1 & LS1 6 spds :)
so when is vince coming out with his ride?
Old 07-14-2003, 09:03 PM

I gave him the benefit of the doubt, thats why his ET was what i shot for .....
Old 07-14-2003, 09:08 PM

joe i say plumb the fogger, and if you need any tips on tuning the juice, if i can help don't hesitate to ask!

oh and did i mention to get out there and put down an 8 sec. pass!
Old 07-14-2003, 11:08 PM

The carb LT1 vs. EFI LT1 is a topic that is debatable....I have my opinions on it, but I am not going to share them out of respect for both sides....

but Vince is a personal friend of mine, and his car is back together and running. He called me from the track the day he went 9.6@137 NA and although I didnt see it, I dont see why he would make something like that up. A motor that makes 710hp in a 2900lb drag car ($20k chassis) is not going to have any problem running that number.

Jason
Old 07-15-2003, 12:10 AM

Jason ,thats great IF he did...but knowing his character he would have posted that if it were true already, and it wouldnt come from a third party..
9.6? dont tell me much and his mph isnt all that out of range I've run 137.9 before as well... who knows maybe just maybe I been quicker and nobody knows about it or saw it..the 9.6 kinda like the 9.97 while back, only his word 1 supposed eyewitness and not even a timeslip to show for it...but hey i take it for what its worth ...sorry if hes your friend but mr. Vince struck a nerve with me long ago..If I'm sounding harsh , your thought would be accurate.. He'd have to prove to me he ran it....I'm sure somebody recalls a lengthy thread where he totally ragged on ARE and Dave Dilucia...well he also ragged me also and I dont forget as you can see.....the ole cliche' beware what you wish for has come full circle

Taner, maybe i will throw the nozzles in this thing one day...Motor has to much left in it to stop now though,,,what people dont comprehend is my best pass to date was off idle footbrake through the mufflers...I've yet to leave off the t-brake and ran it opened up .... not to mention that day there was a 8-10mph headwind..I think you know from bowling green how much it affected some cars ET/mph.. waiting on one more peice from mr. billingsley and we'll see what she'll do leaving up where it wants to be....but as i said before i just washed it since the the last time I ran it ,I wouldnt expect to much If I find myself in a n20 dilema down the road i hit ya up.. For now I let you guys fight over the 8 sec crown..
Old 07-15-2003, 12:18 AM

DO I get anything besides a crown?
Old 07-15-2003, 06:12 AM

yeah never did get any real proof on that 9.9x or whatever the run was. i am sure Vince is reading this possibly waiting to put the smackdown with hopefully a safe ground shattering run. and hopefully he is behind the wheel of the car!

nothing worse than saying you have a 9 sec car, that you don't drive??????
Old 07-15-2003, 07:37 AM

Rick, really only thing you'll get a is a fat target painted on your back and every f-body vendor aiming at it...
Taner ,I agree I'm sure hes watching to..thats why I say if it were true he would have posted with the same arrogant attitude he had then...never seen a zebra change his stripes..but I'm a good sport if he ran a 9.6 great ,but one thing still remains I was the first to run a 9sec pass and BACK!!!! it up,not once but 9 times in the same day hail mary pass doesnt mean squat unless you can back it up..Atleast thats how it is where I'm from..and NHRA or IHRA for that matter, before its considered a record
Old 07-15-2003, 07:58 AM

Thumbs up

Good luck with yoru car joe! Its been exciting seeing your ET drop this season. Started good, got better. hehe

But I gotta agree with taner, install that kit and see what she'll do!
Old 07-15-2003, 09:03 AM

O' lord here comes the peer pressure... Guido ,now if I do that then Joe K would be able to sleep at night knowing I'm not coming to Bellerose in prostock fashion. I see how it goes next few weeks...should be out making a few runs shortly maybe I'll be satisfied and get what I'm after quicker than hope..then i'll throw it on...got the gears and n2o verter here just have to swap them out...I could lie and say its going on next week and force Rick to hit that second kit

Quick Reply: What's the current fastest 1/4 mile record for LT1/LT4?(HELP!)