Drag Racing Technique Improve your track times

Guys who have done a th350/400 swap..please come in.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 12:03 PM

Originally posted by dreamer1q
... You keep making reference to a tan wire. All I have are the yellow and brown wire from the VSS plug and a black wire and white wire off the sensor. Just want to make sure we are on the same page.

Q
My sensor that goes into the trans has a tan wire, if i remember it correctly but it does the same thing white or tan.

Let me know.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:07 PM

Little update for all of you. The car is on the road and running. Today was my first chance to drive it, and I am still on another planet Anyway, the sensor I ordered from Dakota Digital looks like it will do the trick. I spliced the wires from the VSS sensor into the wires on the sensor and I have a speedo. It might not be accurate, but it is working. I will get in to the computer and work with the settings till I get it to read right. But ALL you need is the dakota sensor...part number 1-01 I believe.

Q
Old 05-06-2003, 03:27 PM

COOL!! So you did not use the SGI unit, just the screw in sensor that goes in the trans, very swift and cheap!
Old 05-06-2003, 03:37 PM

Originally posted by Shon Herron
COOL!! So you did not use the SGI unit, just the screw in sensor that goes in the trans, very swift and cheap!
Exactly, VERY cheap...like 30 bucks, and easy as hell. Just screw it in and use some butt connectors to hook it up. I zip tied the wires out of the way. Once I get the settings for my rear end in the computer I will post them as a starting reference for you guys. I was overjoyed to actually see the speedo needle move when i ran it. Although, it said 30mph, and I was at 6grand in 2nd gear. So it is off just a bit.

Q
Old 05-07-2003, 03:06 AM

Nice lil info base here for th400 swap over guys. I did the th400 elec speedo setup (from a 91 454ss pickup orig) Then made the trany mount. I did not like the m6 setup as after we had the car on the lift and did all the looking it was alot more hassle then to make a fully custom one. The trany was like 1.75" too high for the mount and off shifted a bit (forget if forward or rearward) Love my trany crossbrace as it only weighs 2.5#

Steven
Old 05-07-2003, 03:14 AM

Anybody have pictures of shifters installed?

I'll be doing this in a couple of months and need some ideas of different shifters and console setups.

Thanks.
Old 05-10-2003, 01:46 AM

You have a pic of that crossbrace Zturbo?
Old 05-10-2003, 02:20 PM

I will see if i have one I think i do. edit found 2 but no close ups.

Picture of trany mount

Another view

The pics are not close ups but you can kinda see it if i get a chance i will see if there is some more pics of it.

Steven

Last edited by zturbo; 05-10-2003 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-10-2003, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by GhostZ
Anybody have pictures of shifters installed?.
B&M Pro-Ratchet in a 94 M6 console.

Install

Console

The boot has a snap on the top (open in that pic), so I can take it off at the track, and see the gear selector indicator......
Old 05-11-2003, 02:42 PM

Z: Can't see it to well. I was just wondering that's all. I made my own, looks sorta like the BMR one but different. Cool site I spent about 20 minutes looking at pics. Who did your rear sway bar? Thanks for the pics.
Old 05-11-2003, 10:01 PM

I will take some when i get a chance as everything is getting painted and powdercoated now.

Jay Billingsley did the anti roll bar and i really like it if I was closer I would have had him build me the T/A as well.

Steven
Old 05-13-2003, 03:34 AM

Yeah I thought it looked like his, I remember when I saw Sicoras(sp) and then yours that they looked alike. Thought about makeing my own but my shop doesn't have the right steel. So it's up in the air right now for a BMR or Jay's. Has Jay come out with his wheelie bar yet?
Old 05-13-2003, 04:26 PM

Yes, Jay has the wheelie bars like his old car (madmans now) and the others. I forget the exact pricing but you will have to cut the rear package tray and weld on the tabs (fairly simple). For the cost of the anti roll bar it is not that much cause he set it all up on my rearend housing making sure it was square and setup right.

Steven
Old 05-14-2003, 03:23 AM

Thanks for the good info as always. I will most likely go with the Billingsley anti roll bar. Unless I can get my hands on some chromoly. All I can get is black pipe. But it works great for my TA and LCA and tranny mount. Hell I might just make my own wheelie bars. Time to start the search engine for some designs,I rreally like Sicoras w/bars but those were custom made for his car. Again thanks alot Z.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:59 PM

are you wanting the wheelie bars to be wide like Chris'? I have my single wheel setup forsale I took off my car cause i am going with a dual wheel setup but it will not be on the car while i test out the suspension (using a ls1 on giggle) I personally like the tuneability of the dual wheel setups but the looks of the singles.

Steven

Quick Reply: Guys who have done a th350/400 swap..please come in.