Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

tunercat tables ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 04:39 PM

tunercat tables ?

Just going over tunercats tables and trying to learn what tables i need for my car...

1-What is the LOw Octane stuff there is 4 tables ?

2-injector offset

3-low pulse width injector.........

4-AFR x 10

5-blm cell rpm/map

abd is there any other tables that you use...
thx
Old 03-01-2004, 01:15 AM

1. Low Octane is new and probably not something to mess with.

2. Injector offset sets a lead time to compensate for the lag it takes an injector to actually open. Very injector brand/size specific.

3. Another new one but probably injector brand/size specific.

4. You have an older $ee file if its displaying that. Request the newest one from Tuner Cat. Other than that I only wish this table would do what appears promised.

5. Rather new table, not sure.

Hal
Old 03-01-2004, 05:08 AM

1. These tables are suppose to be used when you put low octane gas in your car rather than recommend 91 or higher. How the PCM decides when to go into this mode, I still do not know. Since I never put anything less than 92 in my car, I do not believe I have ever had these tables used.

2. This has to do with the opening of the injector and how long it stays open. This seems to only need to be changed on very highly modified engines with very high injector flow rates. At least in my experience.

3. This has to do with the compensation of opening the injectors when battery voltage is low. You really shouldn't have to worry about this table because it will only take effect when battery voltage is so low that battery is almost dead.

4. I'm assuming that this table actually reads AFR x 10, Open loop. This is the air to fuel ratio that the PCM uses in open loop.

5. This table has to do with where the PCM switches between BLM cells based on RPM. Adjustments to this table let you have more control over the BLM cells.