Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

94 LT1 OD1 Driver Issues

Old 08-07-2013, 06:35 PM

94 LT1 OD1 Driver Issues

I recently bought a 94 B4C Camaro and need to scan the engine/PCM. I downloaded the Freescan9495 program and can't seem to get it communicating with the car. I think I may not have the correct drivers installed but I have reinstalled and verified them multiple times. If anyone knows of a way to resolve this it's appreciated.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:19 AM

Re: 94 LT1 OD1 Driver Issues

Sorry I read your post again and when you said "Freescan9495' all my brain registered was 'Freescan" . I believe you are referencing "Scan9495" user garydoug's program. Deleted my post as it does not apply . I've used his program, but only as a user, don't know enough to walk through any problems connecting to PCM...

Last edited by bobdec; 08-12-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by akdiesel
I recently bought a 94 B4C Camaro and need to scan the engine/PCM. I downloaded the Freescan9495 program and can't seem to get it communicating with the car. I think I may not have the correct drivers installed but I have reinstalled and verified them multiple times. If anyone knows of a way to resolve this it's appreciated.
i have a 95 Z28 LT1. i also tried the scan9495 and several others.....to which none of them work. as regards to your problem i would recommend buying the scan tool you need. be aware that they are not cheap. this is the only way to get the info you need. i have tried everything under the sun to get help on this software and nobody seem to have any answers.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by LeePrice
i have a 95 Z28 LT1. i also tried the scan9495 and several others.....to which none of them work. as regards to your problem i would recommend buying the scan tool you need. be aware that they are not cheap. this is the only way to get the info you need. i have tried everything under the sun to get help on this software and nobody seem to have any answers.
Have you sent a PM to the developer, GarryDoug?

This is really amazing.... your first post here is condemning software that is proven to work well, and provide reliable results. 10 minutes after this post, you went to the "Computer Diagnostics and Programming" forum, and trashed the software again... didn't even ask for help, just stated categorically "does not work period".

You are dead wrong.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/com...2/#post6966958
Old 08-10-2014, 07:02 PM

I'm using Windows 8 and an AKM cable. I think the drivers were downloaded the first time I plugged the cable in. When I used the cable with Vista I used the drivers that were included with the cable. Scan9495 works fine for me with Vista and Windows 8. I always plug the cable into the car and computer, start the car and then open the program. I don't know if the order makes any difference since I haven't tried it any other way.

If you haven't checked it yet there is some info about cables and drivers in the Scan9495 sticky in this forum. If you can't get your cable to work you may want to try a different cable. AKM doesn't sell cables anymore but I think the ones sold by Tunercat are the AKM cables. I'm sure there are a lot of cheaper options but AKM is the only one I have used.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Prominent Member

Location: Born on the Florida West Coast, now where can I retire?

Originally Posted by LeePrice
i have tried everything under the sun to get help on this software and nobody seem to have any answers.
What specifically have to tried to get help? I saw no questions in your rant, or is that your way of asking for help? As if that wasn't enough, the app itself has an email address on the opening splash screen, at the very TOP of the main screen, and in the first line and the last paragraph of the user guide. You could always use that to contact me directly. I have received no messages at that email address in a week or more, and none in the spam folder. Before that I have received about 70 messages telling me how much they appreciate the free app and how much use they have gotten from it. If you would like to ask a specific question, I will be happy to assist.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:56 PM
Prominent Member

Location: Born on the Florida West Coast, now where can I retire?

Originally Posted by akdiesel
When you plug the cable into the pc, do the lights in the cable flash briefly?

Then when you plug the other end of the cable into the connector under the dash of the car and turn on the ignition, does the red lamp flash continuously?

No software needs to be running to check the above items. Both of the above indicate normal cable operation.