New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

Hey guys! New here, from Central NC.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:22 AM

Hey guys! New here, from Central NC.

Sup fellas. i just signed up. going to be lurking here a lot and i will probably have a parts WTB add up by the end of the day.

i am new to the Domestic scene but i am no stranger to wrenching on cars. i have been heavily involved in the Toyota Supra community for several years now. i have experience with aftermarket turbo conversions. custom wiring. welding. engine and transmission swaps. BOOST! aftermarket fuel management.

Specifically swapping the Newer Supra Turbo engines into the Older, lighter and cooler MK-II CelicaSupras

Enough of that. were not here to talk about Supras.

a few days ago i bought a 1997 Pontiac FireBird WS6. the body is pretty rough. its been slid into a telephone pole. but its runs really nice. i have wanted to do a V8 project for a long time now.

For now. i am just trying to get this thing on the road as cheap as possible. i need to use it as my Daily driver for a few months wile i finnish my current project. then when my current project is finished i plain on ripping the guts out of this Firebird Chassis and using them for my Next project.

if anybody Local to the RDU area has a parts car of the same generation please let me know. Raleigh, durham, chapel hill, pittsboro. id like to find something local where i can just go pull what i need with some cash.

my Main priority right now is that i need all four Factory Springs. mine have been Cut. i would like to return the car to factory ride height. its got some weird suspension issues and the first step to solving them i believe is to get rid of the ridiculous cut springs.

i Also need a Drivers side Door with hinges. i dont care what color. i dont care if it has a huge dent or missing trim or something. just needs to be Cheap, Fit my car, and open / close properly.

i will post some pictures of it later this afternoon.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Re: Hey guys! New here, from Central NC.

Welcome to CamaroZ28.com!!

As you can see from my signature, Firebird owners are welcome here. Great to see another LT1 on the site.

A thought on your plans to replace with stock springs, it might be an opportune time to consider upgrading springs and shocks, something these cars respond well to. Here's a site that offers a lot of quality suspension parts:

Strano Performance Parts - Parts Catalog

Why go through the hassle of dealing with the front coil-overs, just to do it over again in the future when you want to upgrade? I do have the original front springs off my Formula, so that might be a possibility, although it would probably be cheaper to find the springs in a local bone yard, rather than ship the fronts from NJ.

With regard to the body, if you find the 98-02 body style preferable, now is the time to look into replacing the complete front end. Everything from the doors back is identical 93-02, but the front end was changed in 98, requiring a complete 98-02 hood, fenders, bumper support/cover and radiator support.

Good luck returning it to "driveable".
Old 12-12-2014, 10:04 AM

thank you for the advice. right now it is really just a DD / Beater. i needed a car to get to work. so im really not looking for any upgrades right now. trying to out in as little cash as possible.

depending on how well the DriveTrain fares the test of time in the next few months, i would really like for this thing to be a "Project" later on down the road. Right now i am working on an 86 Toyota Cressida Wagon. i have swapped in a 2JZ and a five speed transmission. i need to finnish that project before i start another.

How much for those springs shipped?
Old 12-12-2014, 10:51 PM

Welcome to the board this place seems to be pretty cool from what i have been poking around.