Car Audio and Electronics Custom car audio/electronics questions and discussion

Bose Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 06:59 PM

Bose Wiring

I bought my camaro after a fire which destroyed much of the interior. (The cause, I might add, was apparently incorrectly installed audio equipment. Keep that in mind while wiring your new systems guys.) I've hit a snag while rewiring the dash. There is a relay which is mind boggling. There are a couple of large orange wires, a black and a pink. The relay sits near the radio. I was wondering if this was part of the Bose system. The orange wire looks capable of carrying the 12v for amplification. This is my guess for the mystery relay. Funny thing is, this relay is wired into my already existing wiring. The stock wiring harness I bought to replace it doesn't have it. I don't think my camaro came with the Bose system but it makes since that it would be the same interior wiring harness installed in bose and non-bose camaros.

alright kind of confusing, in short is there a relay under the dash for the bose amplification wiring. If so, where?

thanks,
Will
Old 03-18-2004, 07:45 PM

I'd have to say, YES.
I have a third-gen with bose.. In order for the system to work, I have to connect a certain wire to POWER-ATTENNA on my radio.. if not, a relay isn't triggered, and the speakers won't turn on... (you can hear it click when you connect the wire)