Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Who knew a 2013 Taurus SHO could powers-slide?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 08:05 AM

Re: Who knew a 2013 Taurus SHO could powers-slide?

The original Taurus was a good car. Just as many said, at the end of its time it got quickly outdated. Between all the brands there are many good cars. It's the service that differs IMO.

Speaking of brand loyalty. All three of my fbody's were used. The hawk being the only one at a dealer. Which was in a small town we lived in and we knew everyone. Good service in selling it to me but when it came to an intake leak and rear main seal leak at 40k i was told its "normal". yeah ha ha its an Lt1 but thats besides the point.

Fast forward to 2006, me being all grown up and buying a car on my own for my wife.I was treated like crap from the domestic dealers. Nothing but #'s games and telling me what i should buy and not listening to what I want. I had one chevy salesman tell me that I should just go to the import dealer across the street and he went back inside. I made my way to honda and was treated very well. No wheeling and dealing, no playing with crazy #'s, very straight forward and listened to what I wanted. Visiting a few honda dealers this seemed to be the norm. All the prices between the dealers were very close. I picked whoever was the closest to my area. Week later im driving a civic.

In 2010 at around 66k it develops a coolant leak out the block and I'm about 6k out of warranty. Take it to a dealer I have never dealt with on a saturday. Monday morning they call and say i only have to pay 150 bucks and will be installing a new short block. Wed we got our car back running perfectly.

2009 my brother in law wants a tahoe. Same ole crap, #'s games, promising you this, trying to give you something else, and still not listening. He ended up buying only because he really wanted a Tahoe.

2011 Im looking for a car myself. Go to dodge dealer to look for a used charger r/t. Sales guy shows me a new 2011 and I explain to him its out my 20k budget but insists he can do it for 25k out the door for an RT. I figure well why not. Get inside and his manager comes out and starts questioning me on why i want a v8 and that the new 2012 pentastar is just as powerful blah blah blah. He looked at me like I was crazy when I said "i want a v8 and nothing else". I repeatedly asked him can you do it for 25k or not and they would never respond. I walked out. They wanted to play the whole waiting game.

Same thing at Ford. I asked if they had any used stangs..."why used i can get you a a 2011 for a good deal". Though they had nothing on the lot but wanted to run my credit and insist i put a down payment without even seeing the car and they would have my stang in a couple of days.

I'm not bashing all domestic dealers and I'm 100% sure there are many out there that are very good. Thing is now I dont really care to go to any domestic because I just do not feel like taking the chance of going through all that bs. It's easier for me to walk into honda and say "how much is the pilot" and when I get my answer I know it will be a good price and they will make sure I get what I want, not what they think i should have. If i go domestic it will be used/private owner.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by FireHawk409
...Fast forward to 2006, me being all grown up and buying a car on my own for my wife.I was treated like crap from the domestic dealers. Nothing but #'s games and telling me what i should buy and not listening to what I want. I had one chevy salesman tell me that I should just go to the import dealer across the street and he went back inside. I made my way to honda and was treated very well. No wheeling and dealing, no playing with crazy #'s, very straight forward and listened to what I wanted. Visiting a few honda dealers this seemed to be the norm. All the prices between the dealers were very close. I picked whoever was the closest to my area. Week later im driving a civic...
Sadly, this is the only thing holding me back from buying a car from GM, or any company actually. I just can't stand the dealers in my area. One of which has crossed the ethical line selling. I had an agreed upon price with a dealer on a new Saturn Vue (it was for my 70 year old mother). The day of pick-up I couldn't be there with her, so she insisted she would go by herself. (I knew this was going to end badly).

So she went to go pick it up herself. They did some shady paper work that wasn't what I initially agreed upon, and nearly tricked her into signing the car for $3,000 more than our agreed upon price. Making the car $2,000 over sticker price Thank god she called me before she signed. They tried to play dumb when I got there, but I know they did that intentionally. I'm sorry, but no... Trying to trick an old lady is 100 different levels of unethical behavior in my book.

That was in 2005, and it was the last time I've stepped into a dealership floor.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by JCU
Marketing? Hilarious?

Try watching the specials on the Titanic the past few nights and having these commercials aired EVERY commercial break. I didn't think it was possible to dislike Ford more then I did before Sunday night but now I do.

I REALLY thought this post was making the ironic comparison of the Titanic that did not have enough life boats because the designers felt more were not needed and life boats were just supposed to ferry the passengers and crew to the rescuing ship, compared to the commercials on the show about Titanic where only one car occupant was wearing a helmet because the feeling was the driver did not need one.

That is until I read the rest of the thread... I am still surprised no one else mentioned it though.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Drive XR7
I would never buy a Hyundai. It's too Korean.
I'd buy a Hyundai Genesis coupe if it had a 500hp N/A 5.0 V8 because only the Koreans might think of doing that.