Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Real pics of 2007 Subaru STi and Impreza.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 03:57 PM

Re: Real pics of 2007 Subaru STi and Impreza.

It all depends on what you as an individual can put up with.

I could put up with the looks of the current WRX/STi. The new 07 is harder to swallow, but i could probably live with it too. In the end, there isn't a better performance value on the planet in a new car package.

In the end, it wasn't the looks that had attracted me to 4th gens (insert catfish joke). It wasn't the quality, the practicality, the interior,...you get the drift. It's sub-par in all those areas at best imo. But i loved the damn car anyways and it still represented a kicking bang for your buck value. On the ***-rocket side, It most certainly wasn't looks that attracted me to the EVO's either. I love this car even though i think it is as ugly as sin.

So in the end, it comes down to what you as an individual can stomach.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by MissedShift
Everyone says that "The looks will be second priority when you get some seat time and see what it drives like."

I beg to freaking differ. Ive driven my brother-in-law's modded WRX both recently, and when it was dead stock. Nice car, but not impressive enough to make styling like what was just posted allowable. Sure, its decently quick, but I can...COULD (damnit GM, back me up here), do better for less money. Sure, it handles nice, but I can still do better. Sure, it does all that with four doors, but Ill be damned if I WANT four doors in a toy. Sure, it goes good in the rain, but I dont race in the rain. Hell, the track wont LET me race in the rain.

Its too ugly for daily transportation, and not wild enough for toy status. Id rather buy something with an attitude BESIDES "I bought it because of the performance, pay no attention to the gruesome styling."

Hey man, if I lived in Florida, I'd probably pick a different car too. But if you live in the North East, you'd think differently. Fast AWD cars are more fun in the winter, than a rear wheeled drive car that can't handle playing in the snow or icy road. I've driven that REX for 3 years and have loved every minute all year long.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:40 PM

I've had way too many discussions about WRX's with those who own them and in the end, they are just for a different type of person. You can argue both ways all day long, and both be right and the arguements go nowhere. The WRX is way over hyped, especially for $25k. The STi is a much better car. Either one feels like an upscale economy car inside and out though, but the STi has very impressive performance. It's not cheap though. $32k+ is not a cheap car.

Dan

Last edited by stereomandan; 05-31-2005 at 11:03 PM.