Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

>> The official thread of Making up a new name for an all-new Chevy RWD V8 Coupe <<

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 12:21 PM

Re: >> The official thread of Making up a new name for an all-new Chevy RWD V8 Coupe <<

Originally Posted by Z284ever
Chevy Charlatan. The new Chevy "phony car".

(Charlatan = faker, fraud, phony, pretender, impostor)
bwahahha good one.

I dont really like the name but whatever they call it I want it to have roots so I guess Panther is next in line after Camaro and Chevelle.

I actually woudnt mind it bing called "Panther" because thats what they were going to call it originally. They decided on "Camaro" because Panther sounded too offensive Im glad they did but come'on how can a NAME be THAT offensive. I mean Mercury has a "Marauder". Dodge has "Viper". Mustang has "Cobra" WAIT GOT IT!...

Call it the Chevrolet Mongoose! lol tame those snakes! Hey I woudnt mind that as long as it would actually smoke that years Cobras and at least be able to see the Vipers taillights.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:29 PM

Re: >> The official thread of Making up a new name for an all-new Chevy RWD V8 Coupe <<

Chevelle would be my first pick, but Laguna a close, close second.

Wasn't Laguna the last of the big block Chevelles essentially?

I like the race names ... Daytona, Laguna, Trans Am, Le Mans, Sears Point ... for muscle/pony cars.

Although used by another car company in the early 90s, I think Legend would be good ... LSS, and somewhat appropriate.

An American Revolution ... Patriot
Plus, it's a missile ...

Last edited by jwade95Z; 12-09-2004 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:50 PM

MACARO or RAMOCA orwould be a nice name. So long as I can cut the logo off and reorder the letters into CAMARO.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
MACARO or RAMOCA orwould be a nice name. So long as I can cut the logo off and reorder the letters into CAMARO.
Ok, now we're just getting sad.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:34 PM

Hey, we could always call it the Chevette
Old 12-09-2004, 07:07 PM

Re: >> The official thread of Making up a new name for an all-new Chevy RWD V8 Coupe

Originally Posted by Meccadeth
If it doesn't have to start with C then I vote for that.

If it does...then "Citation" "C3X" "Climax" "curse" ok not really....

There aren't many c-words left that sound aggressive

Chevy has already used Citation, http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/433604
Old 12-09-2004, 07:29 PM

Velocity
Old 12-10-2004, 12:14 PM

Talking Re: >> The official thread of Making up a new name for an all-new Chevy RWD V8 Coupe <<

To go along with my "Corsair" idea....

The Corsair was the F4U in the Navy back in WWII it was a fast and agile fighter plane that kicked major butt! the F4U could be an one off option... like a Z28 or SS model and it would be kinda like F (old fbody reference) 4 (for) U (you) kinda like saying... hey guys we still remember you... I'd buy it

F4U
Old 12-10-2004, 12:19 PM

Sorry...

For those of you who wnat to know what a Corsair looks like...

(IMHO one of the neatest planes to fly in the war)

http://images.allposters.com/images/dar/yng-17.jpg

http://images.allposters.com/images/dar/den-02.jpg

Thats it I'm done... I promise...
Old 12-10-2004, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by ADV1
To go along with my "Corsair" idea....

The Corsair was the F4U in the Navy back in WWII it was a fast and agile fighter plane that kicked major butt! the F4U could be an one off option... like a Z28 or SS model and it would be kinda like F (old fbody reference) 4 (for) U (you) kinda like saying... hey guys we still remember you... I'd buy it

F4U
I have thought of "Corsair" myself. BTW - Corsair was originally a very fast pirate ship.

The only problem I have with Corsair is that its very close to Corvair and everyone remembers the negetive image Ralph Nader gave those. "Corsa" is another option, but then again, it was a model of the Corvair.

If they're going to give it a new name, then it should most likely start with a "C" and contain two-syllables. (Cor-vette, Co-balt, etc.) However, I'd much prefer if it were "Camaro" or "Chevelle". (And Chevelle only if it is a rebadged Monaro/GTO.)

Forget Panther, Chapparal (may actually be trademarked), or other previous names associated with Camaro... if it isn't going to be called "Camaro" I don't want to be reminded of what it was so close to being but isn't.

Also throw out Laguna (Wasn't that a Chevelle and/or El Camino trim model?), Monza, or anything else that's a flashback to the 1970's... I don't care how popular that Fox TV show is... the 1970's remind me of performance killing smog laws and gas lines. No thank you.

No we either need a "Camaro" or something completely new altogether. I was going to suggest, "Crescendo" but that's just too many letters and I could see some negative conotations as well.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:40 PM

GM just announced what they will call the plans for a future Camaro...

Cancelled.

There, two syllabuls and starts with a C.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:33 PM

Re: >> The official thread of Making up a new name for an all-new Chevy RWD V8 Coupe

The whole point of this thread is instead of whinning that GM might not use the Camaro name on the next coupe, maybe, just maybe us Camaro ethusiasts could help GM think of a new name for its new coupe.

Who's better qualified to name the Camaro's successor then those who love the Camaro as if its their own.

My top 5 are (in no particular order):

1. Raptor
2. Inferno
3. Laguna
4. SSC
5. Panther

Don't whine, use your mind