Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

GM reps lurking this board..read and beware!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 08:02 AM

Thumbs down GM reps lurking this board..read and beware!

with the possibility of GM saying the new Chevy RWD coupe is in 08-09?// alot of people on this and other boards and sites are saying great things about other products..the new stang, SRT cars from mopar...and alot of those import cars are catching up on peoples want list...not to mention GTO and such..

so with that whats the chance of Camaro comming out and making people trade in their cars for the new Camaro..and after such a long wait..

Something has to come out that says Camaro but might be just "Z28" or somethign to that affect..t osay hey wait for us..if something is not already in the pipe...
I mean as soon as the name Camaro is "released" from CAW strangle hold then there should be a drawing or even a concept of this car..18 months for the Solstice to be a concept?? GM has the tie to do this for the Camaro now..how long is it till Camaro is avalible? about that time? AND its something that for what we read already on a car platform so how hard would it to get a Camaro prototype for this or next year...

GM it is needed..no if and or butts about it..GM we need something besides.."Its Dead..no Camaro ever" talk..it might be to turn away people but your turning away people to other cars..if I go buy a 05 stang you think I will have the $$$ to get a Camaro? NOPE!!!

So GM we need some hint of it..OFFICIAL HINT!!! that our car is comming and soon or you will see this as many other boards this will be our hobby cars..replaced by daily drivers we can use everday!
Old 02-25-2004, 10:22 AM

I'm buying something this fall or next spring. If there were news of a Camaro I would hold off.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:41 AM

If you are trying to get GM executives' attention, how about putting your thoughts together in formal sentences? Believe it or not, puncutation, capitalization, and spelling go a long ways towards being taken seriously.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:53 AM

Originally posted by jrp4uc
If you are trying to get GM executives' attention, how about putting your thoughts together in formal sentences? Believe it or not, puncutation, capitalization, and spelling go a long ways towards being taken seriously.
I know something else that will.......$$$$$. That'll get their attention. Regardless, as a potential and to an extent, a loyal customer (camaro enthusiast), i would think his opinions should still be take seriously by GM.

Anways: at this point, we pretty much know that a camaro will be back. It's just a question of when and if one (the consumer) is willing to wait. Needless to say, GM will lose some customers due to the hiatus regardless of when the camaro comes back; be it 2, 3, or 4 years.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:57 AM

Of my current list of potential cars, the only GM cars I'd consider are the GTO & the El Camino (should GM North America actually move on the thing now instead of waiting for the next version). If Solstice came in a coupe, it would be part of my list as well.

Other things that's caught my attention is the new Mustang V8, the 300C, the upcoming Charger Hemi R/T, and now 2 year old M3s.

Count me as one of those people who aren't going to wait till 2008 model year (even if it does mean January 2007), regardless as to how good the car is. I plan on buying a new car next year. Year after next at the latest!

There's plenty of really good vehicles coming, and not just from GM either.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:21 AM

If GM reps are reading this:

I need a job! e-mail me for details

oh, and hurry up on that new camaro already
Old 02-25-2004, 11:54 AM

Well, I've started saving up for a Camaro. But if news like this continues, I'll most likely go for a used LS1 Formula/Trans Am.

Prices are great and milage is still low! If I go that route, then I won't be in the market for a new car for at least a few more years.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:17 PM

Just curious - how do you know that GM reps are lurking on this board?

It would be cool if they used this forum as a pulse to see what future Camaro buyers would like.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:26 PM

Well, there's one that posts here regularly.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:41 PM
Disciple

Since we're weighing in with our acquisition plans:

For our primary vehicle Canadian tax rules basically force us into leasing, so it has to be new. The lease on our Envoy is up in 443 days (yes, I'm counting, I dislike it that much) so that sets our time frame.

The Envoy experience caused me to vow not to acquire any new vehicle in the first year of production. That means the options for our next vehicle are known now.

Right new there is nothing affordable in the GM stable that would get a second look. Our current first choice is a Subaru Forester though the Dodge Magnum Hemi sure looked sweet in Toronto.

For our discretionay vehicles, currently a '96 Sonoma 4 x 4, a 99 Camaro SS convertible and a '99 Camaro Z28 hardtop dedicated autocross/lapping car, replacing any or all of them would be a lifestyle decision, and again, GM offers nothing new that comes anywhere near "gotta have".

Now considering I'm a lifelong "I'd rather push a GM than drive a Ford" kind of guy, I can only imagine what more open-minded folks are thinking.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:55 PM

Looks like I will certainly buy another new car, (for myself..that is), before the next "Chevy Coupe" comes out. There is and shortly will be so much neat stuff available that I like.

Unfortunately, I don't think that next new purchase will be a GM.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:59 PM

I'll give GM until Spring/Summer 2006 to come out with a new Camaro, then I'm jumping ship. They better hope Ford doesn't come out with a 350HP+ Mustang for under $30,000. Maybe there will be a $30K dodge chager that can do a 13.0. I like the Vette and Solstice, but I need a back seat.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:00 PM

Wink

Originally posted by hotrodtodd74
Just curious - how do you know that GM reps are lurking on this board?

It would be cool if they used this forum as a pulse to see what future Camaro buyers would like.
I'm sure at least Red Planet (Scott Settlemire) lurks here very frequently and not just when he is posting something.

TS
Old 02-25-2004, 01:04 PM

If I'm in the financial position that I think (and hope) I'm going to be in next year, the Solstice is mine!
Old 02-25-2004, 01:39 PM

I'm in the same boat.

I feel like a hungry dog ... that the kids were teasing with food.

Since, I'm not going to get fed, I might as well bite someone.

I am seriously looking at Chrysler (I liked my 300M and Dakota 5.9 R/T) ...

By the time GM gets its act together, I'll have something new (or really old!) sitting in my garage. I don't have to wait .... and I have no plans to wait. Waiting is for people at bus stops ...

Ted

Quick Reply: GM reps lurking this board..read and beware!