Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles
View Poll Results: will there ever be a new camaro?
yes
70.18%
no
29.82%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

do you believe there will be a 5th generation camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 11:10 AM

Re: do you believe there will be a 5th generation camaro?

Originally Posted by ronssito
Yes, but who cares. Too late to the party!
Better late than never man! I bet most here do care!
Old 03-25-2005, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Z28Wilson
What's with all of these "who cares if the Camaro ever comes back" posts? If you honestly don't care, why are you here? You shouldn't be.
I'm tired of seeing this bull****. You can't tell people that they shouldn't be posting here. They have just the same right as you *******. I sold my damn Camaro, are you gonna tell me to take a hike from the board? Some people are just so pissed off with GM that they don't give a **** what they do anymore. That still gives you no right to tell them to **** off. I don't care about the Camaro at the moment because I'm tired of waiting and I'm seeing many other new cars being brought out that have my attention. I posted here ever since I bought my Camaro, made some good friends, and enjoy the environment. I still love talking about F-Bodies and even give advice when needed. I love all the different forums and post quite frequently in a good bit of them. To tell me I shouldn't be here because I don't care what GM is doing right now or because I don't own an F-Body anymore is just ****ing stupid. Anyone else who says the same stuff can **** off and get over it.

[/rant] Sorry, but I'm ****ing tired of reading that. Stop bitching.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by AxeGrinder30thZ
Calm down....take a deep breath....listen, my intent was and is never to tell anyone what they can and can't post. I just find it odd that people have nothing better to do than rant about how they care nothing for the Camaro on a Camaro message board. You want to talk about annoying? That's annoying.

I'm just as impatient as the next guy around here. I'm just as lost as you are about why GM does things the way they do. I'm not happy with GM dragging their feet either. But there's one of two ways we can do things. Pi$$ and moan and use obscenities (***'ed out or not ) and tell GM we don't care about a future Camaro (real smart, right? That'll get the car back quickly! ) Or we can simply say, like I have, "See GM. There is the new Mustang, and the new Mustang Cobra. These are your targets for the next Camaro. Get it done, get it done right, and in the meantime yeah I might consider the Mustang but I would have no problems switching back to a worthy Camaro." The way people talk around here, if I were in charge of making the decisions about Camaro, would I be charged up to get a new Camaro out? Why would I? The enthusiasts on the damn car's own message board are saying they don't care and that I've already lost them for good.

Abrasiveness almost never gets anything accomplished, and is never good for anything. Just ask the UAW after their Marines/parking fiasco.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Banned

hey now, please keep this back on topic (with a simple YES or NO)

i really wouldn't like to have this particular thread locked, and believe me, JasonD has locked / made disappear many of my threads in the past, so he DEFINANTLY knows how to and will do it if he feels necessary.

so back on topic now shall we.

Do you believe there will be a 5th generation camaro?

a simple YES or NO will suffice.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:20 PM

I already voted....a resounding YES.

If it doesn't happen, then GM must've gone out of business....or bought by Toyota.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Banned

i wonder if it would be economical to start producing vehicles overseas and import them.

that way they don't have to deal with the UAW.

they've already done it with the GTO, and that daewoo car they put a chevy nameplate on ... maybe we'll have a true imported camaro?
Old 03-25-2005, 01:12 PM

I think there likely will be a F5 - because nobody is quite that stupid..........but I hope there isn't.

Lately I have been looking at other makes and liking them for the first time ever.......I could say that GM has managed to drive me away.......but I'm not sure.......
Old 03-25-2005, 01:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pandamonkey
I think there likely will be a F5 - because nobody is quite that stupid..........but I hope there isn't.

Lately I have been looking at other makes and liking them for the first time ever.......I could say that GM has managed to drive me away.......but I'm not sure.......
you mean like the mustang?

go ahead, you can say it
Old 03-25-2005, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by V8 Slayer
El Camino LS6
Yes me too! When I said Chevelle I meant in all its former glory. 2dr., 4dr, a wagon(Magnum fighter), and definately an El Camino.They have it down under why not here? Why not for some ppl the idea of a wagon can be cool. DCx just followed The Generals lead with the Nomad concept( Magnum), they(GM) felt they couldn't take the risk ,I guess due to the GM attack vultures.They are going to have to take more risks, and put out some killer stuff, it just needs to be quicker. PPl need something more practical, but unlike the last nomad concept it needs a V8 at least optional. And now we can have DoD. Not that the LSx engines get bad mileage this will only help convince the wives to go for the V8. I liked the 53 Vette looking Nomad with the LS1. The roof made it to production on the Envoy XUV. The second one without the V8 looked more like a 69 Camaro, and was pretty nice , but no V8=no good. IMHO the Crossfire in the front reminds alot of the last Nomad Concept. The GM powertrain is the best bar none to me, we need to get it out there under more hoods. Not everyone needs a 2+2 coupe , they got kids. So come on guys get them out there!
Old 03-25-2005, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by anasazi
Do you believe there will be a 5th generation camaro?

a simple YES or NO will suffice.
YES.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:06 PM

Yes I believe there will be one in the not so distant future....but my only fear is, that when that ship comes in, there won't be anyone at the dock waiting for it....
Talk about some bad buisness decisions..."O what a tangled web they weaved..."
Old 03-25-2005, 04:01 PM

I will be back eventually. Maybe sooner, maybe later, but I think it'll be back.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:21 PM

It'll be back...

When??? Good question!
Old 03-25-2005, 04:25 PM

if there is a 5th gen it will be ugly and gay but fast
Old 03-25-2005, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by SCNGENNFTHGEN
Better late than never man! I bet most here do care!
It isn't like GM is ever on time to the party.
For instance the number one example of this was the Silverado SS.
The Silverado SS came to the market 5 years after the Lightning, and was still inferior? "Better Late?" They should have stayed home

Quick Reply: do you believe there will be a 5th generation camaro?