CamaroZ28.Com Message Board

CamaroZ28.Com Message Board (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/)
-   Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/)
-   -   do you believe there will be a 5th generation camaro? (https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/automotive-news-industry-future-vehicle-discussion-13/do-you-believe-there-will-5th-generation-camaro-352274/)

anasazi 03-24-2005 01:29 PM

do you believe there will be a 5th generation camaro?

simple question

what do ya'll think, especially after all the stuff that has happened in the last week or so.

no discussion necessary, no posting of proof one way or another, just a simple YES or NO will do.

Z28x 03-24-2005 01:45 PM

Re: do you believe there will be a 5th generation camaro?

I want official news by NAIAS 2006 or a car on the street in summer 2007

ced8 03-24-2005 02:06 PM

I definitely believe there will be one.. the only thing is the timing.. I know GM has many products in the pipeline and the most important one is the full size trucks.. so if that won't be out for at least 1 year then these special projects will be out in some time.

I'm positive The Camaro will return and I'm sure that it will be what we hope it should be... (I Have Faith)

stars1010 03-24-2005 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Z28x
I want official news by NAIAS 2006 or a car on the street in summer 2007

I bet thats pretty close

V8 Slayer 03-24-2005 02:25 PM

no................................

jg95z28 03-24-2005 02:46 PM

Anyone who votes "no" shouldn't even be here. ;)

Massive_Chevy 03-24-2005 03:02 PM

Yes, GM will reintroduce the new Camaro soon. To do otherwise would be nuts. Bottom line - people want modern day muscle cars. If GM is to stave off eventual insolvency and loss of market share (not to mention respect) then a performance vehicle (to compete ith Ford and Daimler-Chrysler) will need to be introduced w/in the next 24 mos. If they wait much longer than that, then the window of opportunity that the new "muscle car" trend offers will probably start to close. Also, I think that it will have to be an established brand (i.e. Camaro) b/c to "introduce" it by any other name would be too risky. The current car buying environment presents an excellent opportunity for GM to capitalize on, question is whether they will take heed of it or ignore it entirely. ;)

SCNGENNFTHGEN 03-24-2005 03:21 PM

Yes, and I also think Z28x is right on target. I hope we get a Chevelle too! We got the best damn engines going, now we just need something to put them in!

BigBlueCruiser 03-24-2005 03:21 PM

Sure there'll be a new Camaro. Sometime after 2010.

But hey, the GTO took 30 years to make it back.

V8 Slayer 03-24-2005 03:22 PM

El Camino LS6

F1GT 03-24-2005 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlueCruiser
Sure there'll be a new Camaro. Sometime after 2010.

But hey, the GTO took 30 years to make it back.

x2

I'm not expecting the Camaro back anytime soon. I'm starting to not care anymore. Not even the new retro Mustang. I think the 99-04 look way better. I sat in the new one at the AutoShow and was put off by the rental car looking interior.
I wouldn't mind the GTO, but it needs a Navigation and head up display. I use my portable navigation pretty often and find it VERY useful. I actually want an Envoy now. Go up to the snow, put stuff in the back, go biking, go on vacation and have room. Hmm, I think I'm getting old...lol :o

number77 03-24-2005 03:45 PM

you should edit the pole to "i don't care/its gotta be insanely good looking to get me back in the mood"

ronssito 03-24-2005 04:05 PM

Yes, but who cares. Too late to the party! :cry:

Z28Wilson 03-24-2005 04:30 PM

What's with all of these "who cares if the Camaro ever comes back" posts? If you honestly don't care, why are you here? You shouldn't be. :confused:

SSbaby 03-24-2005 04:51 PM

Why do I believe the Chevrolet SS concept was a vision of the next Camaro? From the cryptic clues given about the Zeta, perhaps that car was too big, too heavy to be a Camaro.

A real Camaro would be a true Mustang rival, not something that's bloated.

Just my opinion... still attempting to solve the jigsaw puzzle. :D