Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Autoextremist: Resurrecting the Firebird Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by 1965GP
I wish they would let the designers go crazy for a few years with no restrictions and see what happens.
Honestly, cars would look incredible but would not be very reliable and driveability would suffer. There's almost always always a large translation barrier between the designers that live on paper and in dreamland and the engineers that have no physical way of making the dreams come to life.

It would be cool, though...
Old 03-09-2009, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by HuJass
You, sir, are a true Pontiac fan. I salute you!

In my mind, this is the kind of customer that Pontiac should be playing to.
He understands what a real Pontiac is and would almost die to get a new "real" Pontiac.
As would I...

I think this board knows by now how much I bleed Pontiac Arrowhead Red...how much I love everything this division stood for. Other than the garish 2+2 Grand Prixs (or even worse "old lady" '80s Grand Prixs), I have virtually ALWAYS preferred the Pontiac over the Chevy...every time.

As the current owner of a Comp G...as the former owner of 5 other Pontiacs (and I'm only 28!!), and the future owner of countless more Pontiacs in the years to come (I wonder how many, if any, will be new?? ), I pray somehow, some way, GM can pull Pontiac out of the gutter down the road.

I doubt it can, but man, I wish it would. I don't want the Comp G to be the last "newer" Pontiac we ever own Who knows how many different 3rd and 4th gen Birds I will own down the road...
Old 03-09-2009, 05:43 PM

I have had (and have) my share of Pontiacs but I fear that since they are trying to push fuel economy (seperate post) it just means that they truly don't get it...which means we wont get anything exciting in the near future.

Did you ever think you would see the day that you wish Pontiac had the excitement of Subaru????
Old 03-09-2009, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by 1965GP

Did you ever think you would see the day that you wish Pontiac had the excitement of Subaru????
Haha, that made me laugh. I traded in my beloved 98 Grand Prix for a new Legacy GT this past fall.