Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 05:02 PM

Re: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Brangeta, thanks again for all your help on this as well as your ideas. It's people like you that will help most when it comes to getting this done.

You bring up an excellent point to about the overall design. Personally I feel that if we just put some Hella 90mm lights with a covor on them on the stock bracketry that it will look to similar to what we already have and feel a need to change, with the slight difference being the round bulbs instead of the rectangular ones we currently have with a cover over them. I really feel that the "new" looking headlights should be something more complex than this, and make use of the entire "racoon-eye" with the headlamp cover reaching from the front of the racoon eye of the fron bumper to the hood, in a similar way as a darkout would, only with a smoother angle.

This design will not be easy, and will probably require at least some fabrication to be done to each car to get the headlight wiring to fit all the bulbs, and also to fit and stay in the "racoon-eye". In my opinion, I would love for the appearance of the headlight to look most similar to this; http://www.allfastcars.com/koenigseggccrfront.shtml
http://www.koenigsegg.com/thecars/design.asp?design=7

Now, having said that, this is my opinion. We need to come up with a consensus on the final design weather to do a similar style to my pic, or Brangeta's idea.

It would be really nice if we had someone with a good artistic ability and photoshop to show some pictures of possible designs of both ideas and how they would look on the car. Does anyone know of anyone on this board with those capabilities, and photo shop that they could recruit into trying this?

I don't go to them often, but the Automotive News / Future Vehicle Discussion , and the 5th Generation / 2009 Camaro forums have some guys with some great artistic ability. I have seen them make lots of varients of the next generation Camaro, and concept of a futuristic Firebird look amazing. I will try to find someone for this as well, but if anyone knows anyone that can do this, please help.

Last edited by CALL911; 10-14-2006 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:24 AM

Re: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Any Progress on this one guys.. I love it... I have seen the piaa "custom" ones... I have always been a fan of headlight and tail light conversions... it seems to be easiest in a honda civic lol... but these would be so niiiice!

http://www.allfastcars.com/koenigseggccrfront.shtml

What about the latest corvette headlights?
http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-20...t-1280x960.jpg

Or the Viper?
http://www.allfastcars.com/dodgeviperfront.shtml

I would love to see it done... its just that the stock headlights sit so far back up in there.

Last edited by posenheimer; 10-15-2006 at 02:28 AM.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:04 PM

Hmm... I could go for something that looked like the current C6 headlights if the molding surrounding the lights was black to match our headlight buckets. That would look really nice.

Can someone photoshop it?
Old 10-15-2006, 03:49 PM

Someone needs to get ahold of FOOSE and see what he can do

I really like this idea for the LT1 F-car , So the headlamp is still
recessed where the stock location is but this style without the turn
signal built in . I like the way it would flow like the stock twin lamps
but all one piece with projectors in it

http://www.cartype.com/images/page/a..._headlight.jpg

Last edited by AZ2ENVY; 10-15-2006 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:17 PM

Qwk little photoshop Ill try to do a better one.

Old 10-15-2006, 04:24 PM

Old 10-15-2006, 05:37 PM

Bah! I can do better photoshopping than that! (Thanks for the effort though)

I'm tired of waiting, so here's my attempt

(BTW that 2007 Z06 looks like crap in that orange color...YUCK . I can't believe they changed from that other orange (that was at least decent looking) to that pale orange.)

Looks badass to me, I want them.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:40 PM

Ponykillr, PM sent.

I would also agree that the new viper headlamps also fit my idea of a great possible design (http://www.allfastcars.com/dodgeviperfront.shtml)

Honda Hunter, and or AZ2ENVY, and or Brangeta, will these concept photo's be enough to send to your people? Or will they need drawings as well. I am not sure if these designers need a general direction of where we want to go, and they will take care of the rest, or if we need to get them very specific part #'s for say Hella 90mm bulbs, and measurments of the "racoon eye" area on the 93-97 Camaro front bumper.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:42 PM

Callaway would probably want a donor car to prototype the headlamps on, and I'm nowhere near Connecticut...

Drawings would probably help, but I really don't know for certain.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:45 PM

It's times like these I really wish I were back home in the states! I would gladly donate my Camaro bumper for this project. And CT isn't even a far drive from where I am in New Jersey. But I would rather see it done, and order them later then wait on me to get back next year sometime and put this whole thing on hold.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:47 PM

Here is a better one:

Old 10-15-2006, 05:56 PM

I think one issue that needs attention is what to do with the outside corners of the headlight pockets. Should we make a headlight asssembly that replaces the corners ( you would have to cut the corners out ). Or should we make a headlight assembly that only fills in the void. Astheticly I would say remove the corners but $ and ease of install i would say just fill the void space.

Also the edge of the outside corners will most likely be flat black and not look right beside the glass covering the void. I have had clear GTS headlight covers before on my car and think it would look better if the glass coverd all the current black area.

Last edited by Ponykillr; 10-15-2006 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:06 PM

Good point! Any way we could see a photo shop of each? Personally I think that it also would look better with some fabrication, and cutting out the corners. But like you said, by doing this, we commit everyone who buys these to go to a body shop, or have decent knowledge of how to do a clean install on them. Again, personally I want these to make the car look its absolute best, and I am willing to pay a little extra on top of the final product to make it happen.

What's everyone else's opinion on this?
Old 10-15-2006, 06:19 PM

Personally, I have no interest in cutting that triangle of material off my car, so I don't like the idea of removing it...

I'm going to try to find some other headlight pictures and find something I like better on a Camaro...
Old 10-15-2006, 06:27 PM

Sounds good! The important thing is that we persist on this so that it happens, and also that the final product is something we can all agree to submit. To make this happen, we need to be flexable in some areas (like cutting the corners). I could go either way. Again, I wouldn't mind cutting my corners, but I can totally understand not getting a headlamp kit that requires it. One good thing about not cutting out the corners, is it would be a much simplar install (cheaper too).

Before we toatally throw this idea out, I would like to see more pics of what it would look like if the corners were cut out and the headlamp in the place of it. Ponykillr, your first photo of the teal SS Camaro (the only one I can see from this page) looks almost as if it does make use of this. Anyway we can get that picture bigger, and in much more detail?

Last edited by CALL911; 10-15-2006 at 06:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?